Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed today, that the newest wireless charger from TapTes is curved at the top like the official Tesla one, which will stop it catching on the lid.

It'll probably take 6 months to get to you, but still...

Is that the “15W” charger?

Annoyingly I assumed the more expensive version and the one labelled “Gen2” was the latest. Alas it sounds like the cheaper “15W” charger is in fact Gen3. Annoying!

Is that the “15W” charger?

Annoyingly I assumed the more expensive version and the one labelled “Gen2” was the latest. Alas it sounds like the cheaper “15W” charger is in fact Gen3. Annoying!

Yeah, the 15w one looks like it’s been designed based on the Tesla one.

Odd labelling though, I’d have thought it was say Gen 3 as well, unless they are making the 15w a new line.

Don't buy these from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SSC9T1K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Like most things you get what you pay for. The "storage mat set" are edged the same colour as my car and look good, the charger does work but for months I have had flaky DAB reception with weaker signals. Poor old Planet Rock hardly came through until I noted in a post that some chargers can interfere with DAB. I unplugged it and wahaay, rock back with no dropout!

Pity as the charger works and fits well.

Anyone like a cheap charger............

Don't buy these from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SSC9T1K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Like most things you get what you pay for. The "storage mat set" are edged the same colour as my car and look good, the charger does work but for months I have had flaky DAB reception with weaker signals. Poor old Planet Rock hardly came through until I noted in a post that some chargers can interfere with DAB. I unplugged it and wahaay, rock back with no dropout!

Pity as the charger works and fits well.

Anyone like a cheap charger............
Are you sure yours isn't faulty? I normally stream from my iPhone but when I do use DAB it's always been much better than in my mercedes and the audi/BMW before it and I've always had this played in.

Just took the plunge and ordered some “essential” accessories ... for a car I don’t have yet ... madness. Ended up splitting order between Tesla UK store and Abstract Ocean as not seeing a good enough selection / the right products still from UK sellers.

Working on the principle that if I have stuff related to the car it might magically appear !

Tesla shop:
  • Front/rear sun blinds
  • Key fob
Abstract
  • RHD all-weather mats
  • Matte 9H screen protector
  • Vinyl centre console film, brushed black
  • Door button stickers
Holding off on wireless charging pad to see if the car turns up with USB-C.

Next up is finalising home charger purchase.

Reactions: Jez_GB and Roy W.
.. just to follow up, found the LuckEasy seller on AliExpress again from another recommendation on here and ordered

Frunk/Trunk springs/struts
Rubber seal kit for doors/frunk/trunk
Rubber seal for roof glass
Frunk/trunk rubber mats

That’s enough now, I don’t even have a VIN yet. Please don’t tell my wife :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB and Roy W.