Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, but it needs to be less than £15 to avoid the VAT and a potential extortionate handling charge from the carrier. Vat is negligible in grand scheme of things, but the handling charges could put a significant additional cost to the item.

I was under the impression that the only additional fees were for VAT for items over £15 and duty for items over £135?

Yes, item over £15 and you have VAT liability which may be collected by the carrier and subject to carrier surcharge. Duty has higher threshold and is in addition to VAT limit - VAT is also payable on any duty amount and carriage.

So at £15 and over, you are at beck and call of the carrier and whether they will hit you with their surcharge.

Reactions: Roy W.
Just in case anyone is planning to order from Abstract Ocean. You can enter becausetesla into the Coupon/Gift Certificate box to get 15% off the purchase price. Unfortunately only gives you a discount on the price of the item and doesn't help with postage or tax etc!

Well I’m joining the “Accessories but no Model 3 yet” club. A few items ordered via Abstract Ocean:
- Nomad wireless charger
- Centre console wrap (carbon fibre)
- Centre console organiser tray
- Door release button decals (this to stop me having to explain how to open the doors, a simple concept that I like :))

I think that’ll do me for starters. And while I know that shipping, fees etc are high, unfortunately it seems there are no local alternatives to purchase such items. One of the costs of early adoption I suppose. And at least I’ll have something to look at while waiting for the actual car :D

Reactions: Durzel
Well I’m joining the “Accessories but no Model 3 yet” club. A few items ordered via Abstract Ocean:
- Nomad wireless charger
- Centre console wrap (carbon fibre)
- Centre console organiser tray
- Door release button decals (this to stop me having to explain how to open the doors, a simple concept that I like :))

I think that’ll do me for starters. And while I know that shipping, fees etc are high, unfortunately it seems there are no local alternatives to purchase such items. One of the costs of early adoption I suppose. And at least I’ll have something to look at while waiting for the actual car :D

Oh go on then, I'll join the club as well...

Screenshot_20190826-110222.png

I fitted the TapTes wireless phone charger yesterday. Perfect fit. And with the supplied cables and splitters I was still able to plug in my USB dashcam and music drive, and still have a spare USB socket. Fitting was really easy, the only bit that flummoxed me for a moment was removing the horizontal bar at the bottom. It slides to the left to unlatch, and then just lifts off. I’ll do a charging test on a longer journey in due course. Here are some photos, before and after:

C2177CF9-9403-4558-90A6-8407CC57D7F2.jpeg
F2D6706B-B54D-4A19-989D-54FF5E90E899.jpeg

I fitted the TapTes wireless phone charger yesterday. Perfect fit. And with the supplied cables and splitters I was still able to plug in my USB dashcam and music drive, and still have a spare USB socket. Fitting was really easy, the only bit that flummoxed me for a moment was removing the horizontal bar at the bottom. It slides to the left to unlatch, and then just lifts off. I’ll do a charging test on a longer journey in due course. Here are some photos, before and after:

View attachment 446552 View attachment 446553

That looks really tidy! I was unsure whether I should pay the extra for the Nomad but providing the charging is ok I'll be happy.

That looks really tidy! I was unsure whether I should pay the extra for the Nomad but providing the charging is ok I'll be happy.
I tried the charger before I got the car, just plugged in on my desk, and it worked fine, but I didn’t time it to see how fast it was charging. I think wireless charging on the iPhone is limited to 7.5W anyway. I also tried it with several different cases on my phone, because the first wireless charger I bought to have on my desk wouldn’t reliably charge with any case on the phone. No such problem with this charger.

The TapTes is very cheap compared to the others, but it seems very well designed and made. I’m glad I bought it rather than the others. It was delivered free in about 10 days. I think at the moment it is on sale at $40 rather than the $50 I paid.

Reactions: Christiez
They are just an Affiliate Marketing company - I don't think they hold any stock. They just source the stuff for you from various other places.
That's not what the page you linked to says at all, right at the top it says:
EV Accessories designs and manufactures our own range of products. Along side those products we offer a range of third party products sold via external links from our website. These links to other companies are know as affiliate links.
Clearly says they also have affiliate links that boot you to a third party website.

Reactions: m3gt2