Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Roy if I buy these do I need to cut to size ? Or do they fit already ?
It does need to be cut to size, but it’s really easy to do. The mat will cut easily with a pair of scissors, and there are guidelines moulded into the mat to follow.

My approach is to put the whole mat in the boot, aligning one straight side along one side of the boot. I then use a Sharpie to mark a line along the side I need to cut. Always make the first cut just outside the line you mark. It’s easy to cut a bit more off, impossible to add a bit on...Then repeat for the length. So two long straight cuts, then a bit of trimming round the curves at the back. The mat is very flexible, so it’s easy to lift up the flap for the under stowage area.

Ok so I have now ordered a fair bit of stuff (TapTes/eBay etc) thanks solely to the 21 pages in this thread and from the spreadsheet. Car due early Oct...

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Car Door Inner Anti Kick Protective Wrap Set for Tesla Model 3 - Carbon Fiber
$19.99 USD 1 $19.99 USD
Door Sill Wrap for Tesla Model 3 Clear/Carbon Fiber 2PCS - Clear
$9.99 USD 1 $9.99 USD
Multi-Function Organizer Box for Tesla Model 3 Center Console
$9.99 USD 1 $9.99 USD
Center Console & Cup Holder Rubber Liners for Tesla Model 3 - White Trim
$9.99 USD 1 $9.99 USD
Performance Pedal Covers for Tesla Model 3 - Aluminium
$13.99 USD 1 $13.99 USD
Door Release Button Stickers for Tesla Model 3 - White
$2.99 USD 1 $2.99 USD
TapTes Wireless Charging Pad for Tesla Model 3
$39.99 USD 1 $39.99 USD
Discount
-$15.00 USD 1 -$15.00 USD

Subtotal $91.93 USD
Total $91.93 USD
Payment $91.93 USD

1) do we have a clear winner yet in regards to centre console wraps ?

2) do we have a clear winner in what storage to buy for the dashcam etc ?

3) I also plan to buy the Tesla car matts at £85.00 unless anyone has seen better for similar money ?

4) Any good drunk /trunk matts (that don’t need cut to size!)

5) do I need a sunshade if I live in Northern Ireland ?? Have kids (1 and 4)

6) are people buying mud flaps?

7) any cheap shoulder pads for the kids ?
As far as console wraps, don’t bother with the TapTes. I did, and while it looked ok after I’d fitted it, it is now bubbling in various places, presumably due to the heat when the car is shut up. So the vinyl isn’t up to the job. I’ve ordered one from Abstract Ocean now they’ve sorted out their shipping rates.

Also it appears the discount code I was sent by TapTes no longer works, so it must have expired.

For the dashcam and sentry mode, I’m using these drives:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FD878SJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are 128GB and work fine. I’ve bought three: one for my music, and two formatted with the TeslaCam folder so that I can have one installed, then swap it for the empty one when I get the “drive full” message.

I’m also interested to know if anyone has had any success with mud flaps. I don’t want to be drilling any new holes.

The textured vinyls are the easiest, so carbon fiber or matrix. If fingerprints are an issue, then carbon fiber is the best bet, or one of the brushed options. The matrix is a really nice finish, but since it has a slightly matte finish, it does show some fingerprints after a while.

As for the bubbles, if the car goes through a heat/cool cycle then there's a chance some bubbles will pop up, especially on the cheaper vinyls. The better vinyl (3M and Avery - neither of which is sold in China) has air-release channels so it's not such an issue, but it's always a good idea to be thorough with the squeegeeing during application.

Reactions: Roy W. and davidmc
Thanks Roy have just ordered the same

I know Alternate Flux has made some real quality matts . My problem is I’ve broken the bank of Northern Ireland to buy this car so need to keep a reign on my overall expenditure , hence Taptes and not Tesla etc !! Anyone come across a decent budget front/trunk matts ?

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
I just ordered the abstract Ocean carbon fibre wrap . When ive more time I’ll look around the site as looked to be plenty of other goodies. Only buying essentials just now ! If anyone wants a code for $10 off a $50+ spend then please DM me

I have probably bought about 8/9 items now through AO and TapTes and what remains on my list of anyone has any good budget suggestions :

Car matts - just ordered £85 from Tesla (should be ok standard and I need to drive the car from Scotland back to NI so would prefer to be in the car)

Memory for dashcam etc

Cable bag

Car matts - frunk and big trunk and small trunk

Insurance - sort out !!

Extension lead such as for when I’m visiting friends etc and need a wee 13 amp charge Heavy duty single socket extension leads

Last edited:
The textured vinyls are the easiest, so carbon fiber or matrix. If fingerprints are an issue, then carbon fiber is the best bet, or one of the brushed options. The matrix is a really nice finish, but since it has a slightly matte finish, it does show some fingerprints after a while.

As for the bubbles, if the car goes through a heat/cool cycle then there's a chance some bubbles will pop up, especially on the cheaper vinyls. The better vinyl (3M and Avery - neither of which is sold in China) has air-release channels so it's not such an issue, but it's always a good idea to be thorough with the squeegeeing during application.
Got the Abstract Ocean matrix finish. Very nice indeed. Fitting not quite perfect, but only I notice, and it's not AOs fault, their instruction videos are very good indeed, I just lack a couple of the four or so hands necessary!
Textured ones like matrix seem a little easier to install, and I am not seeing fingerprint issues after about 2 weeks.