Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard this one is a good back up

Although i also hear that gunk does not play well with the foam in the tyres

I may get one as a backup tho!

Holts Tyreweld 500ml

Website does say this tho -
  • Washes out of tyres easily after use
Have heard the same about the gunk, also heard it can ruin the TPMS as it gets coveered in the gunk. Hoping I won't need it, haven't done in my last 2 cars, but worst case!

Anyone recommend a tyre inflation/repair kit? I'm guessing the Tesla one isn't available over here yet.
You’re correct, it wasn’t available when I asked. Goodness knows why it’s not included with the car tbh!

I bought a 500ml can of Holts Tyreweld, £10 delivered from Amazon if you have Prime, but I think it was around the same price in Halfrauds.

I’ve already got a good quality Ring electric tyre compressor, so I’m hoping that should be fine. Will test it on the M3 12V socket to see if the electrics are up to the job!

Reactions: -DB-
Have any of our new UK owners actually fitted a centre console wrap yet?

I’d be interested to hear about your experience if you have, and whether you’d recommend the particular wrap you used. Photos would be nice ;)

I’m trying to decide which to buy from the myriad of wraps available. I don’t particularly want to pay as much to ship from the states as the wrap itself costs, so UK based might be an advantage.

I’d be interested to hear about your experience if you have, and whether you’d recommend the particular wrap you used. Photos would be nice ;)

I’m trying to decide which to buy from the myriad of wraps available. I don’t particularly want to pay as much to ship from the states as the wrap itself costs, so UK based might be an advantage.
I have one from China, but not fitted yet. Is is Matt Black Center Console & dash all for under £5 inc shipping! I was surprised it came with in 2-3 weeks

Quality seems ok but will fit this weekend after i get the car on Thursday :) (If i don't report back its gone horribly wrong or i'm still doing it!)

Link here - For Tesla Model 3 Matte Black Car Center Console Dashboard Vinyl Wrap&Stickers | eBay

Reactions: Roy W.
Anyone recommend a tyre inflation/repair kit? I'm guessing the Tesla one isn't available over here yet.

I think you need to be careful with what current the compressor draws.

There is a thread or two in main Model 3 section where people talk about the Model 3 having a 'virtual' (Model 3 apparently does not have fuses in the traditional sense) 12v power limit than many compressors need. iirc 12A vs 16A? Obviously the Tesla one meets that but I have seen some bad reports about the Tesla compressor not lasting very long, and others saying it is fine. ymmv.

I'm not actually sure where you connect the Tesla compressor to. I think some need to go direct on the 12v battery, which is I believe hidden beneath the frunk cover. Some people say that cold, dark night, its not the best place to be getting to.

I use to have a rechargeable Bosch pump and worked great until the battery or charger died on me. I may well replace it with something similar but after last one, will never be sure what state the battery would be in when it was needed - I'm not one for testing and recharging regularly. I wish DeWalt did one as I have a number of their 18v batteries lying around and their batteries are easy to test.

More stuff fitted today :)

Abstract Ocean 'matrix' centre console wrap
Abstract Ocean door button stickers
Evannex cup holder insert

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_14225.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_14222.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_14223.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_14221.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_14226.jpg

Nice wrap - was it as forgiving to fit as it looked in the videos?

What is your view on fingerprints on the matrix? Matrix seems to be middle of the fingerprint/Starbucks cup resistance range and I think I prefer it to the carbon which is their top choice.

How much was it from Abstract Ocean, including any charges?

loads of them on aliexpress I have the black matt finish one but don't have a car to put them on yet :)

That all looks lovely Dave. Well done on the fitting, it looks factory!

What was the wrap like to fit? And does the rear USB wrap bit come with it?

Wasn't too bad, I watched their videos first then fitted it, as long as you don't press down it remains fairly easy to lift up again, until you fully commit and squeegee it down.

It did come with it, although I don't think it's mentioned on the site. The bit under the phone holder came with it too.

All looks good. Did you order direct from Abstract Ocean in the USA? How did they handle delivery and duty etc?

I did, didn't get clobbered for import duty for a change! Arrived in a poster tube.

Nice wrap - was it as forgiving to fit as it looked in the videos?

What is your view on fingerprints on the matrix? Matrix seems to be middle of the fingerprint/Starbucks cup resistance range and I think I prefer it to the carbon which is their top choice.

How much was it from Abstract Ocean, including any charges?

It's forgiving until you push down on it, if you need to lift it up after that, it gets a bit tricky! - as long as you are really careful around the cup holder bit, you'll be OK.

Not sure yet on finger prints, certainly can't be any worse than piano black!

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger and Roy W.
More stuff fitted today :)

Abstract Ocean 'matrix' centre console wrap
Abstract Ocean door button stickers
Evannex cup holder insert

View attachment 444202 View attachment 444203 View attachment 444204 View attachment 444205 View attachment 444206
That look fantastic and really professionally done

I want the Matrix now :/ off to the order page i go!

Could you show me how its done? If i pop around and leave the car with you and pick it up later :p

So Far @Roy W. doing my Ceramics & @DaveW wrapping the car internally.......who said this was an expensive hobby! :D

• Funny
I intend to get a pro detailer to do a ceramic paint coating on my Model 3, when it finally arrives. I think I may acquire the centre console wrap from Abstract Ocean (I also like the matrix design) and ask him to apply that too - I'm pretty (ie. very!) sure he'd be able to do a better job than me!