Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what (if anything) Supercharge Info does about "expansion" ... not sure I've ever seen that logged

The number of stalls gets updated but it doesn't show up in the "changes" page, just quietly in the background.

However when there are two sites - even close together (think of highway service centres which have separate north and south bound SCs) usually both sites get added separately. Is that what is happening here? I'm not a local (about 16000 km out of my way!) so not sure what the story is!

Reactions: WannabeOwner
According to tesla it would be completed by 2017

Did the delivery guy not give you the Tesla Pinch of Salt?

Welcome to Tesla and Elon World ... sometimes Promises <> Reality, although sometimes Reality > Expectation :) The ride is exhilarating, if a little uncertain at times.

Aspiring:
AP2 late
Infotainment upgrades not materialised
Supercharger rollout "doubling this year" over-promised
Astonishing:
75 series 0-60 upgraded by 20% !!
Radar tweak for AEB to see 2-cars-ahead !!
and so on ...

Reactions: M4guy
Did the delivery guy not give you the Tesla Pinch of Salt?

Welcome to Tesla and Elon World ... sometimes Promises <> Reality, although sometimes Reality > Expectation :) The ride is exhilarating, if a little uncertain at times.

Aspiring:
AP2 late
Infotainment upgrades not materialised
Supercharger rollout "doubling this year" over-promised
Astonishing:
75 series 0-60 upgraded by 20% !!
Radar tweak for AEB to see 2-cars-ahead !!
and so on ...

Lol it’s just frustrating as that would be the best location for me, there’s no superchargers anywhere around there :(

Its hard to decide what's for the best. I would be inclined to suggest CHAdeMO (but they are not cheap) and figure out all the spots around you that have that, and then use only as necessary (also take into account that Supercharging is fastest when "near to empty" so plan to charge further into your journey, whereas CHAdeMO charges fastest [but only 50% of Supercharger] when battery nearer full, so plan to charge at the start of your journey :) )

BUT ... if Tesla will roll out Superchargers in the next few months the purchase of CHAdeMO would be pointless ...

... I reckon the Government incentives to roll out electric charging infrastructure is, similarly, too late because battery price will fall to the point where people can afford to buy battery sized for max-range rather than average-range, and thus rarely charge when out & about.

But Timing is everything ...

Can't the clients you visit give you some electrons? Even 13 AMP plug is not to be sniffed at if you are there for several hours. If 13 AMP will keep the battery warm (does it?) whilst slow-charging then that alone will help you if you have several stops and shot-hops on a cold winters day by avoiding the energy loss when starting out with a cold battery.

Reactions: M4guy
4 have gone live at the Langstone Business Park site near Havant tonight. This must be the fastest ever Supercharger installation, I don’t think it’s even made the ‘coming soon’ marker. Doubt it’s showing on the car nav either yet :)

Tesla supercharger havant.jpg

Attended the Havant (Portsmouth) supercharger location today. Still not on the car's navigation and took a bit of driving around to find. Barrier on exit but opened without issue to let me out. 4 machines still bagged (see photo) but other 4 working well. Not much to do while charging. A 10 mins walk gets you to the main road leading to Hayling island and the pub on the corner though.

Don't suppose it is of any significance, but just in case:

Supercharger Info has changed the name of that Supercharger [previously "Langstone"] to "Portsmouth", which is also what the new entry on Tesla website has called it.

This site is all down to the good work by a Tesla owner whose business is situated on the Business Park. He oversaw the installation and did a superb job in getting it on line in record time.

Tesla recently changed almost all of their "coming in 2017" supercharger sites to "coming in 2018" - except for a very small number which are instead marked as "coming soon". Of those, many are already identified and listed on supercharge.info, but there are about a dozen worldwide which, according to Tesla are close to opening, but have not be spotted by the community. More details at: Tesla Supercharger network

"Enfield, UK" and "Wetherby, UK" are two of these locations! Do any locals want to get out there and try and find them?