Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried 'Wokingham' yesterday. Nicely lit and empty when we got there. All dual stalls by the looks of it. Shame its gravel as some doughnut seemed to have done a few donuts there. Easy to get confused which lane is what with all the surrounding roadworks going on in dark/wet.

• Funny
Reactions: ME_UK
I can tell you from experience that hills and corners eat electrons in Wales especially winter warm-up usage added on top and heating. My short trip into town and back to buy milk and a paper can easily use 450wh/m in my S at 30mph for those few miles. Longer winter journeys through hills when it's had time to warm up and still 400+wh/m.
Ouch maybe i'll have to settle for driving it like i borrowed it from someone i'm moderately fond of......when I actually get it that is.

@Jason 71
I drove from llanfyllin to llandudno today. The first 30 miles were around 400wh/m including going up over part of the snowdonia national park. The second part of the journey was 300wh/m. On the way back at the top of the national park I had 146 mile range showing as we started the descent. Several miles later when we finally got to valley bottom and the range display decided to change it went to 150 mile :). Overall the total trip there and back was 135miles and used 180 miles of range. With the roads and bends even hoofing it and that 65 miles takes an hour and a half on a good run.

Reactions: Roy W.
Tesla originally did not apply for planning permission for the Hunton Park / Leavesdon site. They issued a retrospective planning application on 21 March 2019 (adding the year here in case we're still talking about this next year) and planning was refused on 3 June 2019 because it is in Green Belt and near to a Grade II* Listed Building. The case is now in appeal. Three Rivers District Council application 19/0540/RSP.

Tesla originally did not apply for planning permission for the Hunton Park / Leavesdon site. They issued a retrospective planning application on 21 March 2019 (adding the year here in case we're still talking about this next year) and planning was refused on 3 June 2019 because it is in Green Belt and near to a Grade II* Listed Building. The case is now in appeal. Three Rivers District Council application 19/0540/RSP.
Just down the road from us :D

Good find.

Stupid Tesla.

Is that the end of the road or can it be appealed further?

It is in appeal:
19/0023/REF | Retrospective: Creation of new parking area with the provision of 16 electric car charging spaces with associated works | Hunton Park Essex Lane Abbots Langley WD4 8PN

In my opinion, they could have placed the large green DNO cabinet more sympathetically... and the access is not awesome, it's a single carriageway drive up to a nice hotel with fairly fiddly access from the M25 and the roundabout at junction 20 snarls up a lot.

(But that's not what the planning refusal is about)

we really need progress on key motorway routes like the M1 northbound
Especially between Northampton & Sheffield M1 route, 92 miles between the SoC

Isn't 90 miles fine?

Northampton, not far from London

Woodall 90 miles later
Scotch Corner 90 miles later

Whilst I am sure more would help, I would have thought the spacing was good enough to make the journey without problems.

Undoubtedly coming-from-the-sides, or needing to go-off-to-the-sides can be problematic, but Superchargers will be needed everywhere to solve that and, personally, I use destination or 3rd party chargers for that extra bit, if range is tight.