Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i decided to come off early and goto Woodall - i assume from that the battery should have been conditioned?

I think it would start conditioning at appropriate time/distance from Supercharger, so conceivably might not have stated if you turned off to an earlier Supercharger (but Woodall / Barnsley are pretty close, so may not have mattered)

This thread is for News about Supercharger, so please post any requests for help etc. in a new thread, thanks.

I've seen rumours in various places about a Woodall Northbound supercharger, so I tweeted Welcome Break out if curiosity and they replied with:
"We're unaware of any current plans, but will pass on your message. Thanks."

So I guess that's not happening.

It used to show up in the city centre near Marischal College, at the end of Queen St as ‘Coming Soon’.
A city centre location is not great for a SuC. Ideally you’d want something along the AWPR probably near the airport.

This is the spot I think they were looking at which belongs to the church. It probably got stuck in planning though as attracting cars in to City Centre (pure speculation on my part).

Hope something can be worked out as it would be a good use of this land.

9B767D16-F195-4965-A56C-626EA4DD64B9.jpeg

This is the spot I think they were looking at which belongs to the church. It probably got stuck in planning though as attracting cars in to City Centre (pure speculation on my part).

Hope something can be worked out as it would be a good use of this land.

View attachment 476018

I now realise the drop pin on the Tesla website is just a general location & not specific.

“Target opening by end of 2019”

I now realise the drop pin on the Tesla website is just a general location & not specific.

This is a map I posted in August (might be some changes since, but as a general point)

“Target opening by end of 2019”

Based on passed history that means nothing, sorry.

teslasc2019_uk_aug_2016change-jpg.448362

Red = Active
Green = Active - added in last 2 years (not colour coded for whether the site was "grey" last time, or not).

Grey = "Coming soon". NOT on the map 2 years ago.
Pink = Grey 2 years ago, still "coming soon" grey now.

Blue = Grey last time, disappeared since. Some (such as Ipswich (grey last time), and Colchester (under construction) are "somewhere near each other" and presumably reasonable to consider as replacements for each other ... but definitely not if your plan had a requirement for it to be at Original Position).

Correct, in fact an easy check is to type "Aberdeen" into Google maps and see where the pin pops up: basically the same place as the pin on Tesla's map. The same is true of many of the "Coming Soon" pins.
I don't think Tesla would want to locate a Supercharger in a city centre, for Aberdeen I expect they'd target an out of town hotel. I've seen rumours that the new exhibition centre is a candidate and it certainly ticks the boxes in terms of location on the road network and a couple of hotels to provide 24 hr services.
Never say "never" but time is running out for the "Target opening by end of 2019" pins. In early January this year the 10 or so "2018" pins all ticked up to "2019"...

I don't think Tesla would want to locate a Supercharger in a city centre, for Aberdeen I expect they'd target an out of town hotel. I've seen rumours that the new exhibition centre is a candidate and it certainly ticks the boxes in terms of location on the road network and a couple of hotels to provide 24 hr services....

There’s plenty of space near the P&J Live arena and that would be a great location as long as they don’t put it too close.
Imagine needing to stop off to charge enroute further north, only to find there’s a concert on at the arena & your stuck in all the traffic.
Nearby would be ideal though for AWPR, Airport & the arena.

I think my M3 might actually arrive before an Aberdeen Supercharger!

I've seen rumours in various places about a Woodall Northbound supercharger, so I tweeted Welcome Break out if curiosity and they replied with:

I met Rod, MD of WB, earlier this year and he confirmed that it was going ahead. As pointed out, planning permission has long been granted (July *last* year!) so they need to get a move on - unless it has been shelved in favour of Ferrybridge or something. In any case, we are seeing Woodall SB being full very often, so the NB units would be rather handy.

Leeds are delivering a silly number of M3s at the moment so more SuC's up north needs to happen....

Tesla were granted planning permission for (car park for) 32 stalls at Woodall North at the end of July.

I met Rod, MD of WB, earlier this year and he confirmed that it was going ahead. As pointed out, planning permission has long been granted (July *last* year!) so they need to get a move on - unless it has been shelved in favour of Ferrybridge or something. In any case, we are seeing Woodall SB being full very often, so the NB units would be rather handy.

Leeds are delivering a silly number of M3s at the moment so more SuC's up north needs to happen....

it’s worth noting that Woodall North is no longer listed on Tesla’s website as “coming soon”. It’s been removed.

Woodall North is still a grey pin on the Tesla map, just a bit further south at Barlborough, the pin is titled ‘Perth’, presumably a copy and paste.

Attachments

• 05712191-84D6-4AC7-B88A-95383DFDA304.jpeg
    05712191-84D6-4AC7-B88A-95383DFDA304.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 50
Could we record all queues on this thread to help trip planning?

please start a new thread. It may be better to use e.g. Plugshare so that it is also available to people not using this forum

I'm not sure how it helps (for planning) as it is transient.

I guess one of the advantages of such a centralised network is that Tesla must be able to 'see' when SC sites are busy, and plan more installations on this basis.

Tesla systems know which stalls are full (apart from that info begin displayed on Car SatNav, they have Big TVs at some locations [probably USA only?] with occupancy data), they also know which cars are in the vicinity (Lat/Long) and stationary and low SOC [so likely to be the correct count of cars waiting when all-stalls-full], others that are travelling nearby and at what state of charge (so may be taking decision to charge elsewhere because they can see that a location is full), and so on. I reckon Tesla have all the data they need to make decisions on location for new Supercharger. Crowd-sourced data would be a poor second by comparison as it will be both incomplete and, inevitably, inaccurate in some cases.

Reactions: cezdoc
please start a new thread. It may be better to use e.g. Plugshare so that it is also available to people not using this forum

I'm not sure how it helps (for planning) as it is transient.

Tesla systems know which stalls are full (apart from that info begin displayed on Car SatNav, they have Big TVs at some locations [probably USA only?] with occupancy data), they also know which cars are in the vicinity (Lat/Long) and stationary and low SOC [so likely to be the correct count of cars waiting when all-stalls-full], others that are travelling nearby and at what state of charge (so may be taking decision to charge elsewhere because they can see that a location is full), and so on. I reckon Tesla have all the data they need to make decisions on location for new Supercharger. Crowd-sourced data would be a poor second by comparison as it will be both incomplete and, inevitably, inaccurate in some cases.

They have this screen at Park Royal.