Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woodall south bound just blew on me while charging (30min in). Hasn’t been long fixed. (CCS). Heard the bang and can smell the burning.
6412AC9A-5A09-4D33-8CCC-9444938DA3A8.jpeg

Reports on Zap-map that people were working on the first 8 stalls (1A-4B), that are offline, at Oxford ~2/3 days ago.

Been tonight and they’re still wrapped up.

Also, couldn’t activate on stall 6A. Attempted multiple times. 5B working fine. (CCS)

Heathrow T5 Supercharger. Looks like all the new stalls are now live (site expanded from 8 to 16 stalls) - can anyone confirm this is the case? If so I can request an update on Supercharge.info.

I found a TOGUK FB post from two weeks ago (~7-Nov) with a photo showing at least 15 stalls illuminated. Tesla.com says 12 & is presumably out of date (see Heathrow Supercharger | Tesla UK).

Usually I'm out of range but was able to check the Heathrow T5 status on the Nav map last weekend - it was showing 12 stalls available so it's not clear if the remaining 4 stalls are live or not.

IMG_6087_HeathrowT5_Status.JPG

A couple more Supercharger updates I've come across:

- According to the Superchargers app, construction is underway at Colchester/Marks Tey. There's a photo showing the unwrapped charger cabinets now in place in the car park.

- Another post on the Superchargers app indicates the extra 16 bays at London Westfield are now live, taking the total to 24 so easily the biggest Supercharger in the UK. I wonder why Tesla didn't use urban (72 kW but no sharing issues) chargers here? I would have thought that would make much more sense for this kind of location.

IMG_6140_London_Westfield_Expansion_03-Dec.PNG

IMG_6139_London_Westfield_Expansion_03-Dec.PNG

taking the total to 24 so easily the biggest Supercharger in the UK.

Thanks - have updated supercharge.info!

I wonder why Tesla didn't use urban (72 kW but no sharing issues) chargers here? I would have thought that would make much more sense for this kind of location.

You probably won't ever see one in UK/Europe/Australia/NZ ... they only have space for 1 cable!

• Informative
Reactions: m3gt2 and cezdoc
M6 Tebay Services Superchargers - navigation info

Though the Superchargers are within the southbound Tebay Services area there IS access from the northbound services (for Teslas and Hotel customers). The Tesla onscreen navigation does not always register this, especially if approaching from non-motorway roads in the area. I already knew that access could be gained from both sides so was surprised yesterday when the on-screen directions mistakenly chose a circuitous route so to bring me down the M6 on the southbound carriageway.

I can confirm that Oxford is all up and running, charged there Sunday night. Also charged at Heathrow Junction 5, which also has all 12 now up and running. Maidstone had one stall down and had to queue for a bay. One TS was in front of me and waited around 15 mins to get bay. Just got back from a France, Belgium, Holland and Germany trip. Superchargers in Belgium are much better – bigger, faster, less full and better facilities. I have now charged in 16 different countries…interested to know how many others do a lot of European travelling purely because there is no cost to fuel. This time I just nipped to Germany to get 4 crates of wonderful German beer. Just got my Irish passport, so no Brexit issues.

I can confirm that Oxford is all up and running, charged there Sunday night. Also charged at Heathrow Junction 5, which also has all 12 now up and running. Maidstone had one stall down and had to queue for a bay. One TS was in front of me and waited around 15 mins to get bay. Just got back from a France, Belgium, Holland and Germany trip. Superchargers in Belgium are much better – bigger, faster, less full and better facilities. I have now charged in 16 different countries…interested to know how many others do a lot of European travelling purely because there is no cost to fuel. This time I just nipped to Germany to get 4 crates of wonderful German beer. Just got my Irish passport, so no Brexit issues.

For Heathrow T5, are you sure there were 12 bays? In early November I saw a couple of photos on the UK owners' FB group from which I concluded a total of 16 stalls, all lit, were available. I don't want to re-post photos without permission but the layout would be as per the sketch below:

ScreenShot077.png