Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very encouraging news for North Wales, courtesy of proddick who's just reported a new planning application over on SpeakEV, for Erection of a Tesla Electrical Charging Substation at Mountain Park Hotel & Golf Club. This is a short drive from Junction 33 of the A55, near Flint.

Details - My ASP.NET Application

A lot of digging needed to get the power to the substation (green shading in the map):

Annotation 2020-07-06 155626.JPG

Very encouraging news for North Wales, courtesy of proddick who's just reported a new planning application over on SpeakEV, for Erection of a Tesla Electrical Charging Substation at Mountain Park Hotel & Golf Club. This is a short drive from Junction 33 of the A55, near Flint.

Details - My ASP.NET Application

A lot of digging needed to get the power to the substation (green shading in the map):

View attachment 561114
Thanks cezdoc.

Just added it on Supercharge Info.
I put the state as Wales, not sure that’s right and interestingly, the longitude coordinates are minus Pi!

Reactions: cezdoc and CMc1
Thanks cezdoc.

Just added it on Supercharge Info.
I put the state as Wales, not sure that’s right and interestingly, the longitude coordinates are minus Pi!
Thanks @MarcoRP - as a Welshman living in exile I think it's great to note the state as Wales: Welsh rapid chargers are a rarity, let alone the sole Welsh Supercharger currently in existence at Sarn! Looking at supercharge.info however it seems State is blank for the vast majority of UK sites, and the few the do have a State are a motley bunch: there's one Scotland but also a Tayside, Lothian, Wokingham and Kings Langley :)
I love the minus Pi coordinate for longitude! I now feel it needs to be nudged so it to matches to six decimal places :D

Thanks @MarcoRP - as a Welshman living in exile I think it's great to note the state as Wales: Welsh rapid chargers are a rarity, let alone the sole Welsh Supercharger currently in existence at Sarn! Looking at supercharge.info however it seems State is blank for the vast majority of UK sites, and the few the do have a State are a motley bunch: there's one Scotland but also a Tayside, Lothian, Wokingham and Kings Langley :)
I love the minus Pi coordinate for longitude! I now feel it needs to be nudged so it to matches to six decimal places :D
Pubs reopened in Scotland today. Can confirm Lothian is in a state.

Afternoon everyone,
Just about to sign up for an M3 Long Range. Does anybody know when the M6 Coventry will open?
Also does anyone have real world range for M3 Long Range when doing mainly motorway? I live in North West and travel to East Anglia quite often. Want to make sure I can get there. Coventry would be perfect as about half way through journey so normally a stop with the kids anyway.
Cheers

Afternoon everyone,
Just about to sign up for an M3 Long Range. Does anybody know when the M6 Coventry will open?
Also does anyone have real world range for M3 Long Range when doing mainly motorway? I live in North West and travel to East Anglia quite often. Want to make sure I can get there. Coventry would be perfect as about half way through journey so normally a stop with the kids anyway.
Cheers
Best to put your trips in A Better Routeplanner to ascertain if there is sufficient range. This should help give answers you need.

You can tailor trip planning with the model and spec of your Model3, and also weather, temperature and battery status. I've not used it as still waiting for my car, but understand from others this is quite accurate.

For real world range at different speeds some useful data is here : Teslike.com

Reactions: Cogarch
Afternoon everyone,
Cheers
Welcome
i'll let someone else answer you Coventry question since I have no idea
but in answer to the other part check out this thread:
New Tesla Owner, battery range lower than expected
don't be put off by the title :)
if that does not answer your question add to it or create a new one. People get upset if these sticky threads go off course and a question like that usually elicits responses that go on for pages.

edit
P.S hope you are using a referral to order so you get your 1000 free supercharger miles. If not I (or many others here) will be happy to provide one for you if you personal message. they not allowed to be put in threads :D

Afternoon everyone,
Cheers
Not sure if this is the coventry services that is on the Tesla map, but 1 down the road will be completed later in the year near M1/M6 Jct 1

Moto | Rugby Services

Best to put your trips in A Better Routeplanner to ascertain if there is sufficient range. This should help give answers you need.

This was really helpful. It appears that I will need about a 20 minute recharge on route. Unfortunately that will mean a 30 minute detour or a double stop. Coventry/Rugby will be an ideal location for me. Might push me to the performance model instead if the range isn't quite there for the LR :)

Afternoon everyone,
Cheers

I live just outside Chester. I did the journey to Huntingdon. LR AWD. Started at 100%. Stopped at Norton canes and topped up from 72 to 80. Then on to Huntingdon. Did a bit of showing off about 7% of use then back home. Made it to Hilton park northbound via the M 6 toll so a bit of north and south to get to the northbound serviced. Made it with 6 %. Topped to 50% and the home with 25%. Good weather and 70 all the way. Next time I do this journey I will stop at Corley until the Rugby service station is open. Hope this helps.

Didn’t think Rugby was confirmed to get SuCs... thought Ionity won the battle based on open to most vehicles

You are mixing the three different potential MSA sites in this area:
  • "Rugby", the one we are talking about here, near M6 J1. This has planning permission and is under construction. Operator is Moto and their plans show Tesla superchargers.
  • Solihull M42 J4. Proposal by Applegreen/Welcome Break, with Tesla, Instavolt and Ecotricity charging. Still awaiting planning decision - reference PL/2016/02754/MAJFOT .
  • Solihull M42 J5-J6. Proposal by Extra, with Ionity charging. Still awaiting planning decision - reference PL/2015/51409/PPOL.
It appears that the two Solihull sites are in (bitter!) competition and only one is likely to get planning permission. Enter the references here to see the plans.