Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reports on SpeakEV that Newbridge (Edinburgh) will be blend of V2 and V3, but construction maybe be delayed due to layout constraints.
If they're planning to build it within the car park of the service centre then I'm not surprised. Car park was full to the brim with new cars and a transportor was still attempting to deliver more on my last visit.

Although my LR AWD gets about 290 miles (I think), a few miles of range here or there makes no difference. I just choose a Supercharger near enough to get to with 10-20% left. Even an SR will be fine for European trips -- it just affects your room for manoeuvre a bit..

Does anyone have any information on Leicester Forest East Services going live? My M3LR is due mid-Aug and this location is regular half way point for me in a 200mile trip.
I've been watching for over a year and nothing yet. There was a company that originally was the contractor to install them but went bust last year and a few others around the east Anglia region paused because of them going pop. Not sure who has taken over yet. Also there was a problem regards the power cable as one of the sides the cable would have to go over the motorway.

• Informative
Reactions: DocA
Afternoon everyone,
Just about to sign up for an M3 Long Range. Does anybody know when the M6 Coventry will open?
Also does anyone have real world range for M3 Long Range when doing mainly motorway? I live in North West and travel to East Anglia quite often. Want to make sure I can get there. Coventry would be perfect as about half way through journey so normally a stop with the kids anyway.
Cheers
I always go over the Pennines and down the A1 if i'm going that way, very rarely a problem and with Grantham/Birchanger Suc it's a doddle even in a SR+

I always go over the Pennines and down the A1 if i'm going that way, very rarely a problem and with Grantham/Birchanger Suc it's a doddle even in a SR+

I popped my SC cherry today at Grantham! Had the car 3 months n only just hit my first SC.

20200712_151928.jpg

The stall last but 1 on the left of my car wasn't working. Is there a way to report these things?

Reactions: Mr H
Does anyone have any information on Leicester Forest East Services going live? My M3LR is due mid-Aug and this location is regular half way point for me in a 200mile trip.
Snap, you'd think something like this would be a priority halfway down the biggest road in the country, it'll probably be popular. It'll certainly help me as it's a regular stop in my current ICE car.

Reactions: DocA
Just to chime in on the Grantham supercharger, it's my closest one and I always get a good charge on it, but never the reported 150kW. I was there on Friday and they had bagged two stalls and I had an issue with another one. Thankfully its a big site so I just changed stalls.

Birchanger always seems to generate a queue during the day for me, so if you are in a rush and are OK with spending more money, Ionity have chargers both at Peterborough and Cambridge (350kW).

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1 and Neilio
Just to chime in on the Grantham supercharger, it's my closest one and I always get a good charge on it, but never the reported 150kW. I was there on Friday and they had bagged two stalls and I had an issue with another one. Thankfully its a big site so I just changed stalls.

Birchanger always seems to generate a queue during the day for me, so if you are in a rush and are OK with spending more money, Ionity have chargers both at Peterborough and Cambridge (350kW).
Please don't use Ionity it will only encourage them!

I was at Grantham about 3 weeks ago. Didn't manage to pull more than 60-70kw from 5%. Quick bit of research shows others have had similar poor speeds at this SC.

Gotta be the poorest excuse for a service station as well :p

I’ve used Grantham 3 or 4 times over the past 3 weeks and always got around 115kw to start off with. I agree the services themselves are a bit grim though.

I wish Ferrybridge or Brighouse would come on stream though as no supercharger on my 98 mile commute from Newark to Manchester other than the two stalls at Leeds Village hotel. I shan’t hold my breath.

Aberdeen - before the end of the year, eight stalls, version unknown, at the new service centre location on Wellington Circle, just south of the city. Opposite the main Parcelforce / Post Office distribution office, down the left side of the image.

The premises are up and running for test drives and so on, but will be vacated for a full makeover, and the chargers should be there when they are done. Presumably there will be 24 access somehow when the Service Centre is shut.

Attachments

• TESLA_ABERDEEN.jpg
    TESLA_ABERDEEN.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 49
Aberdeen - before the end of the year, eight stalls, version unknown, at the new service centre location on Wellington Circle, just south of the city. Opposite the main Parcelforce / Post Office distribution office, down the left side of the image.

The premises are up and running for test drives and so on, but will be vacated for a full makeover, and the chargers should be there when they are done. Presumably there will be 24 access somehow when the Service Centre is shut.
Thanks for that info. How much of a detour would that site be from the new bypass if I was heading north towards Westhill?

Tried to work it out on the map but I'm not yet familiar enough with the new road layout.

You can get to and from it, closest access point from the AWPR would be from the Cleanhill roundabout directly through Charleston flyover onto Wellington Road and into Altens, but not the optimum route, which would be:

Coming up from the south, heading for Westhill, completely ignore the AWPR and use the old main road to the Charleston Flyover, then divert in towards Wellington Road on the A956 and the Superchargers. Exit Superchargers, back to Charleston Flyover continue straight on to the Cleanhill roundabout on the AWPR and head north a bit for Westhill. Or you could do exactly the reverse and divert off the AWPR at Cleanhill when you are heading south, nip in to charge, then go south down the old main road.

The key thing is not to have to run up AND down from Charleston, to Cleanhill, no point. The old main road is now significantly quieter since the AWPR opened. Described as above you would add about six miles - the length of the A956 from Altens to Cleanhill - to your overall trip, and since it is nearly all dual carriageway that would be less than ten minutes ( some of it is 40mph limit ). Open Haloween-ish depending on virus I think.