Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the Taycan plugged in? I heard that CCS cars could charge off superchargers due to some sort of bug in the handshake process but if the engineers upgraded the f/w last night per a previous post might not be fixed?

It's plugged into the ChargePlace Scotland charger which right beside the Tesla chargers .. not obvious from the photo ... thats 6 chargers for Tesla and 1 for the entire rest of the electric car world!

Put some in Edinburgh.
Not sure if this is the usual Mr Miserable antics, but I’ll bite...

The installation team are rumoured to be heading to Edinburgh after Inverness. V3 charging equipment was stashed inside the Service Centre awaiting installation, back in July. (Seen for myself- see previous posts).

I read somewhere about the Edinburgh Service Centre possibly moving locations and this was reason for the hold up. (Can’t confirm).

Went to visit the new V3 chargers at Stockport tonight to use up the last of my referral charging and to my dismay, Stockport had blocked them with their own cars. Might as well have been iced. Plugged in but None of them were charging.
It really pi$$ed me off.
So I charged on the remaining V2s
0B752632-088A-4998-898D-82D00863B5B0.jpeg
6E5762B3-8685-4D29-BC00-5B7B4C999A8B.jpeg

AE414B2F-B48C-4CB4-8A75-A0FAF3754AAA.jpeg

Yes, Edinburgh is having to make do with ye olde original 2 Supercharger stalls beside the airport but is supposed to be getting a new site just along the road beside the Service Centre. The significance of Fort William is that it extends the network beyond what presently exists. I have no doubt that it will be well used.
I hope the airport ones stay open once Newbridge is up and running.

If not for Covid I would have said at least £70 on parking fees when collecting visitors!

Used the 16 bay supercharger at the Double Tree Hilton at Reading.
Not the best to get to as its 10/15 mins off the M4, but plenty of free chargers
The other downside is that there isn’t a motorway services.

Oddly the other 5 cars charging were all model x

I took my buddy with his new M3P to charge at South Mimms Supercharger yesterday. We took the last stall and there were several 70 plate M3's there. I wonder if they will add some capacity there as it seems to need it.
.....depends. Mainly on supply / substation capacity and if new/additional way-leaves etc are needed for new cables. Unfortunately there’s other “services” based SC with cabinets and stalls that have never ever been activated due to supply limbo