Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called into Peartree, Oxford services earlier today briefly and which, according to Tesla, is a supercharger location coming soon/2020. Didn’t see any obvious works or location, just out of interest does anyone know if anything is actually happening there?

In more normal times I pass there not infrequently so it could be quite useful as and when.

For those wondering where the Scotland pins came from, here’s the source (well, not really). Note: on the SC.Info forum you cannot see this post because only editors can.

View attachment 590197
To verify construction activity at Inverness: here's a picture of the Supercharger stalls going in at Inverness, copied with permission from a thread on the Tesla Owners Group UK Facebook group. This shows the 6 dual V2 stalls and the positioning within the ground floor of the Rose Street car park. Other pictures show three V2 charger cabinets on site and an external view of the car park - the Superchargers can be seen through the metal grills adjacent to the mini roundabout on Rose Street confirming their location on the northwest side of the car park. I estimate the GPS coordinates to be (57.481700, -4.225500).

2020-09-20 Inverness SM.jpg

2020-09-20 Inverness Pin Location.jpg

There are good pictures of Inverness Rose Street on TOGUK Facebook page. Not sure of the copyright status so I'll not pinch them. Not sure about specific evidence for Tesla in Stiring
Agreed re: Stirling. It's been discussed here before, e.g. @CMc1's post from July: UK Supercharger Site News. References to Tesla PowerPacks and Model 3's used in the drawings but nothing to confirm Superchargers. I guess it's possible that Tesla may take on some spaces as they have done at Inverness and Perth, but I don't think there's anything more in the public domain so not really good enough for a pin on Supercharge.info.

As per my previous post I thought it was worth getting permission to copy one of the Inverness pictures to show that really is happening though and should stay on supercharge.info, with a tweak to nudge the pin off Rose Street into the car park.

Reactions: peej and CMc1
More pictures of the Inverness Supercharger construction by kind permission of another one of the TOGUK Facebook members:

Cables being run to the six tombstones. As mentioned above they are labelled 3a, 3b, ..., 5a, 5b and are evidently six of the eight removed from Aviemore last week (I wonder where 6a and 6b are going?):

2020-09-19_Inverness_1_NE.jpg

3 x V2 charger cabinets
2020-09-19_Inverness_2_NE.jpg

Supercharger tombstones visible from the Rose St mini roundabout:
2020-09-19_Inverness_3_NE.jpg

Last edited:
Called into Peartree, Oxford services earlier today briefly and which, according to Tesla, is a supercharger location coming soon/2020. Didn’t see any obvious works or location, just out of interest does anyone know if anything is actually happening there?

In more normal times I pass there not infrequently so it could be quite useful as and when.

Don't hold your breath. It's been on the list for at least a couple of years (maybe more) and there's been no sign of action. Could be a great location. At the moment, it doesn't even have a CCS rapid.

Reactions: Masklin
Does anyone know if the extra stalls at Heathrow Hilton T5 are live yet? I think the tombstones were put up a week or two ago.
Looks like it's another 8 V3 stalls on top of the existing 16 V2 stalls judging by the pictures I've seen.
I’d love to know when the Hilton is going to reopen. Every time I’m there i reminded of its spookiness. They have cut the grass once I think. ...at least the increase in Tesla traffic since the first easings in June have made it less like your in a scene from the zombie apocalypse!

More pictures of the Inverness Supercharger construction by kind permission of another one of the TOGUK Facebook members:

Cables being run to the six tombstones. As mentioned above they are labelled 3a, 3b, ..., 5a, 5b and are evidently six of the eight removed from Aviemore last week (I wonder where 6a and 6b are going?):

View attachment 590505
3 x V2 charger cabinets
View attachment 590506

Supercharger tombstones visible from the Rose St mini roundabout:
View attachment 590507
Anyone know if you are going to have to pay to park at Inverness, since this is in a pay car park?

I’d love to know when the Hilton is going to reopen. Every time I’m there i reminded of its spookiness. They have cut the grass once I think. ...at least the increase in Tesla traffic since the first easings in June have made it less like your in a scene from the zombie apocalypse!

I know what you mean, I stopped there after collecting my car a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd entered the apocalypse. Annoyingly, now no one is there at the hotel, there was no way to get the 30 mins of free parking so had to pay £4 to leave the car park.

I know what you mean, I stopped there after collecting my car a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd entered the apocalypse. Annoyingly, now no one is there at the hotel, there was no way to get the 30 mins of free parking so had to pay £4 to leave the car park.

I charged there a little a little while ago now and was faced with the £4.00 release fee. Being "free for life" I was naturally peeved at the thought of having to pay £4.00 for my charge.
I pushed the call button on the exit gate which connected me to the carpark control which I assume is bod sat somewhere, after a brief explaination and little wait they let me out. Hope this helps anyone else faced with the charge.
The Walking Dead feel to the place is a marmite thing, personally I like it, better still are the low flying jets that loom out of nowhere they add to the surreal feel.

https://planningonline.cardiff.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

Seems the Tesla service/SC has passed thro planning. Now for some real time unjustifiable delay before work starts on site in umm 2022?
I expect Tesla will start making use of the site quite quickly. They've taken on a lot of new UK locations this year and certainly the ones closer to me have used as a base for test drives (and deliveries?) even before re-fitting the workshop and sales area has started. Whether or not they install Superchargers, and how long before that happens, is a separate question though. The planning is just for signage although 8 indicative Supercharger stall locations were included on the drawings - they probably don't need planning permission for the chargers.