Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly the Aviemore supercharger is down to 3 stalls thanks for this E-tron driver clogging one of them. I stopped counting at 14 other spare spaces in the vicinity which could have been used. Perhaps it was very busy and he / she had an emergency to attend. o_O

Attachments

• PXL_20200927_094245605~2.jpg
    PXL_20200927_094245605~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 196
Went to visit the new V3 chargers at Stockport tonight to use up the last of my referral charging and to my dismay, Stockport had blocked them with their own cars. Might as well have been iced. Plugged in but None of them were charging.
It really pi$$ed me off.
So I charged on the remaining V2s
View attachment 592258 View attachment 592261
View attachment 592257

Look how wonky the front number plate is on MA70! Another example of how they do zero PDI. Quite unbelievable they'd deliver a £40k+ car with such an obvious issue like that

Looks like the Wiltshire A303 based Supercharger is back on...

I thought they had completely forgotten about it but they have updated the 'coming soon' from 2019 to 2020. I know this sounds trivial and pointless, but the fat that they have updated it to 2020 must mean that it is still on the go, hurry up as it's only a couple of miles from me and much needed for the South West area.

Apparently Amesbury is commissioned today!

Just for the record 16 x V3 !
I think Amesbury must be the largest V3 site in the UK at the moment. (Standing by for corrections!)
Great to know that all 16 have been commissioned. And yes, I think you're right to claim this is now the biggest V3 site in the UK. The new Birmingham service centre will also be 16 V3 but not yet switched on AFAIK. But Amesbury looks like it will be much more important in terms of serving longer road trips.

amesbury is great news for me, as I drive past that place twice on every london trip...although... having a 2015 model S, I would need the CCS upgrade to be able to use it...and if I do buy a model Y next year, i will then likely have enough range to never need it :D. Still good to have the option though.

Just for the record 16 x V3 !
I think Amesbury must be the largest V3 site in the UK at the moment. (Standing by for corrections!)
I can't vouch for the 250kw speed though, I wasn't expecting it to be open and so I was above 60% charge when I plugged in and it seemed pretty pedestrian quite frankly.
View attachment 593437
Can you private message me your address, I’ll arrange a Tesla Owners UK mug to be sent your way for being the first.