Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I expect so, as a site is needed for M11>A11
There is also a GridServe planned for Bar Hill

Even then A14>A428 will not be covered

A428 has Wyboston at the other end of it, only 17 miles further. Also, if Bar Hill Gridserve does get built in the expected location, it's easy to get back on the A428 after diverting there (a couple of miles on minor roads, but no net increase in distance).

Reactions: ringi
Thought I should check out Trumpington since it's on my doorstep (gutted I didn't find it first - this time last year I was biking right past every other day, but this year by chance I haven't been for the past few weeks).

As reported elsewhere, 12 stalls of V3; all the stalls and wiring are in, just some tarmac to be replaced.
IMG_1783.JPG

Transformer is in place but not wired yet:

IMG_1777.JPG

DNO enclosure appears to have 11kV cabling into it:

IMG_1781.JPG

However, tracing the patched tarmac a few hundred metres down the road, these terminate in an open trench:

IMG_1784.JPG

So the DNO still has some work to do - site unlikely to be open for a few weeks yet.

It is going to be 24/7, but I don’t know if that’s the case at the moment.

I did my first charge at Cardiff just now: arrived with 45% and it peaked at 55kW, dropping to 35kW at 75%. Room for improvement, for sure!
Ouch, that's a bit of a slow charge considering these are V3s. I'll have to give them a try at some point, but charging at home is likely easier and cheaper most of the time!

Used Adderstone on the A1 near Berwick today for the first time. I know it’s been open for a short while now but does merit a picture surely! :cool: Handy location for those holidaying around Northumberland for sure. Good extra option for Edinburgh-bound folks too.

all good and got over 100kW pretty solidly which is what I’d expect/hope for on a 2017 Model S with CCS conversion. Stalls are well spaced and it looks like there’s good lighting at night too although I hope any trucks taking the wrong turn or worse still, anyone reversing with poor vision into the stalls can see them. The post will win in a fight with a car.

decent facilities and good food 100ft away. All in all, a good experience.

85422EB7-20F2-40C0-81F6-55755DBF0C8E.jpeg

Sorry if this is old news but the super chargers at Washington services on the A1 require you to sign in at the hotel front desk again.

A bit naughty of them as you haven't had to sign in for the last year. If the bloke in the car next to me hadn't told me about the change I would have got a fine in the post!

• Informative
Reactions: dreye and arg
FYI South Mimms supercharger was totally out of action this afternoon, apparently due to a lack of power. It was coned off.

No indication in the car navigation other than the live number of spaces not showing - instead just showing the old electricity bolt.

Used Adderstone on the A1 near Berwick today for the first time. I know it’s been open for a short while now but does merit a picture surely! :cool: Handy location for those holidaying around Northumberland for sure. Good extra option for Edinburgh-bound folks too.

all good and got over 100kW pretty solidly which is what I’d expect/hope for on a 2017 Model S with CCS conversion. Stalls are well spaced and it looks like there’s good lighting at night too although I hope any trucks taking the wrong turn or worse still, anyone reversing with poor vision into the stalls can see them. The post will win in a fight with a car.

decent facilities and good food 100ft away. All in all, a good experience.

View attachment 667984
What is the good food available nearby please? I will be travelling up there later this month from London

The adjacent Purdy Lodge has a decent looking menu, although when I last visited a month ago, they were limited to takeout drinks and pastries only. Nothing much beyond snacks in the convenience shop at the petrol station.
I stayed overnight at Purdy Lodge a week ago. Delicious dinner and excellent full breakfast next morning. Friendly staff; highly recommended

What is the good food available nearby please? I will be travelling up there later this month from London
Anthony, the phrase ‘good food’ is always subjective so if you were expecting Covent Garden members club and get Northumberland Bowls club I cannot be held responsible! ;)

By the chargers there’s a hotel with restaurant and a cafe/diner. Didn’t use the diner. We had a meal in the hotel restaurant. It was Sunday so I had a perfectly fine roast dinner. Other half had a good vegan dish. Son had fish and chips. All good food, pleasant service and reasonably priced. If you’re planning a food stop it was spot on for a proper meal and a refreshing change from motorway services. it’s a typically rural hotel, not a city style one. But it’s none the worse for it and I’d certainly go again, especially as I know there won’t be anything else close to that good with Tesla charging until Edinburgh (possibly) going North and a little worth eating for a long long way South.

cafe/diner looked good too with outside seating.

if you look at the picture, it would be the only building behind me. In fact it’s the only building in the car park except the petrol station at the other end. Worth noting that there’s one area of the restaurant that is dog friendly too. We took our huge savage killer houndess Millie in with us.

36C390F9-2513-4C69-A31C-3E357B22D8E8.jpeg

Looks like the UK now have rough waiting times on their Superchargers. Had them over the pond for a while, but first I’ve seen here

BC85406B-A464-418B-B9F6-5BDB63F00911.jpeg

Also, Nottingham SC, Barnsley Winchester (Norton Park) and Brent Cross all showing reduced service.

Looks like the UK now have rough waiting times on their Superchargers. Had them over the pond for a while, but first I’ve seen here

View attachment 668661

Also, Nottingham SC, Barnsley Winchester (Norton Park) and Brent Cross all showing reduced service.
What the heck is "Medium Wait"? - i saw this the other day on my maps but didnt take too much notice.

It could be based on frying a steak? Medium rare is around 4-5min each side on a 1inch thick steak! (sorry its nearly lunch time and i'm hungry)

What the heck is "Medium Wait"? - i saw this the other day on my maps but didnt take too much notice.

It could be based on frying a steak? Medium rare is around 4-5min each side on a 1inch thick steak! (sorry its nearly lunch time and i'm hungry)
Sounds a bit like the joke that used to played on engineering apprentices "Go down to stores and ask for a 'long stay'"

• Funny
Reactions: davidmc

does anyone know how it works? I mean they can estimate how long the current cars charging will be there based on the state of charge, charge speed and max set charge level but are they also using the GPS from other cars to know if there are other cars waiting as well and ones set to navigate to the charger and nearer than you?

View attachment 668661

To be fair, there are only 2 units there, the main Edinburgh superchargers are a 5 minute drive from there and V3. Scotland really gets shafted with supercharger locations, the main locations in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow are not in convenient locations at all. Perth, Inverness and Fort William on the other hand have decent locations.

Reactions: Tonybvi