Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exeter power supply funded by Ofgem I think. Have a look at the planning docs from a prober computer:

Reactions: petit_bateau
A handful of recent updates to Tesla's UK "coming soon" list:
Removed: Norwich (I recall reading about lay-offs/cost cutting at the Service Centre)
Target opening date changes:
- Bexleyheath from Q2 to Q3 2022
- Newport from Q2 to Q4 2022
- Reading - Service Centre from Q2 to Q3 2022
- In Ireland, Dublin Sandyford has moved from Q2 to Q3 2022.

I'm late to the party but also just noticed that Athenry (near Galloway in Ireland) opened sometime around mid June.

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1
A handful of recent updates to Tesla's UK "coming soon" list:
Removed: Norwich (I recall reading about lay-offs/cost cutting at the Service Centre)
Target opening date changes:
- Bexleyheath from Q2 to Q3 2022
- Newport from Q2 to Q4 2022
- Reading - Service Centre from Q2 to Q3 2022
- In Ireland, Dublin Sandyford has moved from Q2 to Q3 2022.

I'm late to the party but also just noticed that Athenry (near Galloway in Ireland) opened sometime around mid June.
Also Croydon moved from Q2 to Q3 2022.

That's 28 new sites with a target opening date this quarter. With, say, 11 1/2 weeks left that would require an improbable (and completely unprecedented) run rate of ~2.4 new site openings every week based on the current list.

Can anyone tell me what facilities there are at the New Oxford Redbridge?
Given that its a park and ride not a services I assume not a lot but are there at least toilets and are they 24hour?
I might be visiting in an evening and it would be useful to know.

Can anyone tell me what facilities there are at the New Oxford Redbridge?
Given that its a park and ride not a services I assume not a lot but are there at least toilets and are they 24hour?
I might be visiting in an evening and it would be useful to know.

I can confirm there are toilets. Rest of info including opening times at link below. Don’t forget to use app or machine to register for free hour’s parking.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: CMc1 and Jason71
I can confirm there are toilets. Rest of info including opening times at link below. Don’t forget to use app or machine to register for free hour’s parking.

Thanks.
Will be fine for me but no toilets after 5pm at weekends is a bit of a bummer (11pm in the week). Not ideal for "Europe's most powerful EV charging hub" :rolleyes:

This is what Oxford Redbridge looked like when I pitched up just over a week or so ago towards the end of what had been the official opening of the EV facility. It was still a bit of a building site, and certainly off camera there’s space for additional facilities. I think the other Teslas in the picture were at/part of the opening event.

Attachments

• 13D6A2A7-79A2-4F87-A962-6C284242C413.jpeg
    13D6A2A7-79A2-4F87-A962-6C284242C413.jpeg
    283.4 KB · Views: 112
short video tour of Redbridge here:

informative except it raises an interesting question. if you have ANPR and its one hour free then why would you need to get a ticket??
The machines do dispense one hour tickets and do clearly say that you need one but surely the cameras would know you were there less than an hour.
I have carparks near me that are one free hour and need a ticket but they are pay and display so that makes sense
This seems like a bit of a money making scam.

Reactions: petit_bateau

informative except it raises an interesting question. if you have ANPR and its one hour free then why would you need to get a ticket??
The machines do dispense one hour tickets and do clearly say that you need one but surely the cameras would know you were there less than an hour.
I have carparks near me that are one free hour and need a ticket but they are pay and display so that makes sense
Just use RingGo to record the free hour. It almost certainly just poor communication and that the ANPR won't fine within the hour, but as they aren't telling people that one way or another it's better safe than sorry. Typical council run system, Oxfordshire are often pretty dumb with parking.

Just use RingGo to record the free hour. It almost certainly just poor communication and that the ANPR won't fine within the hour, but as they aren't telling people that one way or another it's better safe than sorry. Typical council run system, Oxfordshire are often pretty dumb with parking.
seems pretty explicit to me:
1657891257194.png

I appreciate you could use Ringo ( which I don't have) but the method of getting the ticket is not really the point.

seems pretty explicit to me:
View attachment 828774
I appreciate you could use Ringo ( which I don't have) but the method of getting the ticket is not really the point.

I’ve used the car park regularly over many years to pick up and drop off. I’ve never bought a ticket for that and never been fined. From my observations, the car parking is enforced by a camera on a patrol car, not cameras at the entrance and exit.

Reactions: Toblerone

I was there twice ... Tuesday and then yesterday (Friday). The payment arrangements signage is initially very confusing. I used the laborious online sign up process for the "Hozah!" system (which isn't an app despite the reference to that in the video). I then realised that I could have used RingGo, which I already have on my phone ... The multiple ways of "paying" for the free parking just make it more complicated for the uninitiated. There's the Hozah system or there's paying for an actual physical ticket with cash at a machine at the bus stop area or there's the RingGo app. For all I know there may be other ways too! I honestly don't think it's an attempt to catch people out but rather it's a failed attempt to offer people "helpful" alternative options... but as you say, they shouldn't even need to register a "ticket" for the free period because the APNR should time you in and out anyway.

Charging is rapid of course with loads of available V3 stalls despite busy Friday PM roads ... which is nice ... but no facilities at the site (that I could see) other than toilets and a bus stop.

Charging is rapid of course with loads of available V3 stalls despite busy Friday PM roads ... which is nice ... but no facilities at the site (that I could see) other than toilets and a bus stop.
Oxford council put out a tender for the operation of a “sustainable cafe” at that location. It was due to start in June based on the chargers being opened in May.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
I’ve used the car park regularly over many years to pick up and drop off. I’ve never bought a ticket for that and never been fined. From my observations, the car parking is enforced by a camera on a patrol car, not cameras at the entrance and exit.

Maybe Redbridge used to have a camera patrol but now they are checking you in and out very specifically (the posted video shows the entrance cameras) ... the Hozah system subsequently sends you an email with your times.