Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting stats. Ionity seems to be a total waste of time. Might be worth adding on other charging networks as they seem to be doing a much better rollout job than iomity (gridserve, fastned, mfg, instavolt?), Realise that prob a lot of work. Just saying it might be interesting to see how fast they are rolling out
Yep, Ionity was originally the comparison because they had such big promises and similar trunk-route hub approach. They’ve turned out to be very slow to act. InstaVolt and GridServe are impressive in their rollout but I think too challenging to track!

I'm sure someone provided that cars to chargers ratio (in comparison to other European countries), good to see more chargers coming online (not just SuCs) but be interested to see if its keeping up with the qty of cars sold right now
SuC to cars ratio is definitely going backwards but it is slightly mitigated but other networks improving plus the average range of cars and charging speed increasing, meaning need for, and time on, Superchargers is decreasing slightly ‘per car’.

Reactions: CMc1
SuC to cars ratio is definitely going backwards but it is slightly mitigated but other networks improving plus the average range of cars and charging speed increasing, meaning need for, and time on, Superchargers is decreasing slightly ‘per car’.
Good points, back in the day (2017-2019), pre Tesla, I was one of Polar's most prolific users, easily 400+ rapid charges but now I own a Model Y I find I rarely use public charging, despite being a business driver, living in Somerset with our office near High Wycombe, the return journey I can do without needing to charge.

Reactions: DigbyChicken
I drove past Tongham on the A31 just outside of Guildford earlier and noticed the planned super charger are now open. Wasn’t able to stop and take a look to investigate but useful location
9064B5C2-7EA3-4DDB-923B-C79843F49F59.jpeg

Stopped off at Oxford Redbridge earlier on the way back south from Bolton. The sat nav suggested a limited service and, not sure if this was the reason why, but when I got there there was a bit of a party going on for what was apparently the official opening ceremony of the EV charging facility in the park and ride. Can confirm that Ringo works for getting the free one hour of parking, though you do pay the 20p Ringo fee. EV charging facility is good, rest of the car park is a mess.

Also used the Trafford Centre, despite being open to all there were only Teslas charging whilst I was there. First time at the Trafford Centre, wouldn’t be out of place in Vegas or Disney. Whether or not that is a good thing is open to debate I imagine!

All of the handles on the CCS connectors also had a small square white sticker applied that contained the letter K in black font within a black circle.

It was an EU attempt to have standardised designations for charging connectors. It's similar in idea to the designations for fuel (E5, E10) etc but it never really took off for charging connectors and seems kind of pointless now. K basically means CCS2.

EDIT: Ah, actually, it seems that K means CCS2 at 50-500V, and L means CCS2 at 200-920V so the letters do, perhaps, have some minimal utility for Taycan drivers.

Last edited:
Yep, Ionity was originally the comparison because they had such big promises and similar trunk-route hub approach. They’ve turned out to be very slow to act. InstaVolt and GridServe are impressive in their rollout but I think too challenging to track!
IONITY obtain significant funding from the EU for their network development.

Reactions: petit_bateau