Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the Heathrow Renaissance Hotel Supercharger is live. I just checked and neither this nor the Exeter Moto Supercharger are on my Nav yet, but a user has recently posted the picture below with tell-tale bright lights shining through the dull December daylight.

Taken from the Superchargers app:

2022-12-09 Heathrow Renaissance Hotel Superchargers App.png

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1
Exeter Services SuC has gone live!!! 🎉🎉
Posted up on “Tesla Owners UK” Facebook page (with pics of the tombstones lit up) last night.
Is Exeter Services SuC confirmed as open as it’s not yet showing on my NAV or on the website yet? I’m not on Facebook so can’t see the posts in the owners group, I’m travelling down to Exeter this weekend so would be great if it was open as it saves a detour to Darts Farm

Is Exeter Services SuC confirmed as open as it’s not yet showing on my NAV or on the website yet? I’m not on Facebook so can’t see the posts in the owners group, I’m travelling down to Exeter this weekend so would be great if it was open as it saves a detour to Darts Farm

Exeter is definitely open - used them at 7am this morning - few of the stalls are out of action and there are no stoppers in place to know when you have reversed far enough. Would say this was so people with trailers could use them but you would really struggle to pull anything much wider than a Model X through the gaps in the stalls.

Quick warning given the temps out there and that it is not showing on the nav - I didn't set it as a destination and as a consequence had charging speed limited due to the cold, didn't go over 50kw. Probably best to set Darts as the destination anyway so it pre-warms for max charging.

Yes, can confirm Exeter Moto J30 SuC are open. Charged there just this afternoon. There are 16 x 250kW chargers. Two are covered up but the rest work. Pulled 130kW on cold battery

• Helpful
Reactions: browellm and cezdoc
🔥🔥Celtic Manor Superchargers now showing as live In the app!
I noticed there was a comment posted yesterday (11th Dec) on the Superchargers app warning that the Newport/Celtic Manor charging stalls were still fenced off despite appearing on the Tesla app. Fingers crossed that the appearance on the app indicates commissioning is almost finished and they'll be live and available for use very soon.

I noticed there was a comment posted yesterday (11th Dec) on the Superchargers app warning that the Newport/Celtic Manor charging stalls were still fenced off despite appearing on the Tesla app. Fingers crossed that the appearance on the app indicates commissioning is almost finished and they'll be live and available for use very soon.
I was there last night and they were closed off. No idea why. I charged on Friday with no issues. I also charged last night. Just moved the cones. Pulled 200kw peak with 20% SoC. 0.38 PKwH.

Hotel staff member wasn’t overly pleased but he also wasn’t sure why they were closed off. He did say there is a “grand opening today as it’s the biggest install in Wales”. I presume they will show available within the cars today 🤔

For anyone in South Wales, the Supercharger at Celtic Manor in Newport now seems to be functional, few points:

- It only shows up on my phone in the Tesla app, the car still hasn't updated to display it
- All but one stalls were 'blocked off', the one I used presumably opened by someone else using it
- The ticket machine didn't charge me for parking - perhaps because I wasn't there for long or it doesn't charge electric vehicles? (Never been before)

Edit: Just read up and realised most of this information is already known, apologies 😅

IMG_3251.jpg

Hi all, I popped into Leigh Delamere services on the M4 last night to check the progress (or not) of the new Gridserve chargers. There's some new works happening and I think I spied Tesla charger bases (see attached pictures). I had a look one page one of this wiki and I couldn't see this site listed. Is this a new SC on the way?
Will they be putting some on the East bound side?

Fleet Northbound has now had the 4x unused Superchargers removed which will likely be replaced with AppleGreen chargers (Welcome Break’s own network).
This is sad news as it doesn’t bode well for the Tesla-Welcome Break relationship and may mean we are unlikely to see any expansion of old sites.
Background: Old Supercharger network lead left to join Welcome Break to lead their network rollout.

Fleet Northbound has now had the 4x unused Superchargers removed which will likely be replaced with AppleGreen chargers (Welcome Break’s own network).
This is sad news as it doesn’t bode well for the Tesla-Welcome Break relationship and may mean we are unlikely to see any expansion of old sites.
Background: Old Supercharger network lead left to join Welcome Break to lead their network rollout.

Interesting, thanks for the heads up, didn't know that, assumed naively they'd eventually be removed and replaced with V3's and then open to all eventually. Will keep an eye out Southbound side too, that's an even bigger issue - although in fairness it looks like the Welcome Break Applegreen chargers may be up to 175kW, so if they got a loads of those in Southbound side, better than nothing for that site I suppose EV Charging - Welcome Break

But where are they getting the juice from? The 4 unused superchargers were unused because of insufficient power on the site, and painting them green won't change that. Conversely, if the supply issue has been overcome then why take them away?
Maybe the answer is in the small print of the Tesla/WB contract, but it doesn't seem to make that much sense.