Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was there not one at London colney? If it was ryanair naming convention st Alban's would be Brighton north or something ridiculous
Correct re: London Colney. The new "St Alban's" marker is only about 3 miles away but seems to be a different target location (albeit a notional one, with a long-way-off target date). The now-removed London Colney marker was closer to the M25 whereas the new marker is on the A1(M). Both were/are about 3 miles from the centre of St Albans itself though and as mentioned above "Hatfield" would better describe the new marker position.

I've had a careful look at Tesla's map and below is what I think is the new status of the coming soon markers in the UK (there aren't any in Ireland at the moment).
I've found 16 new markers plus a number of timing changes: 1 sooner, 21 later and 9 unchanged.
One marker has been removed; in addition 17 "invisible" markers, which weren't on the map but until yesterday had working web links, have also disappeared.
Newark appears to have gone live today, so has also come off the "coming soon" list.
As always Tesla's list more of a guide than a definitive list but I think all the sites spotted and reported to be under construction are included with the arguable exception of Fleet Southbound which may finally be switched on in the near future.

View attachment 907133

Invisible markers that no longer have active web links (or I couldn't find one!):
View attachment 907134
I realised I missed off the new Hamilton marker (target Q1 2024) from the list above.
Out of interest this is the geographic spread:

1676634967395.png

Disclaimer:
- the Removed total includes 20 markers that became invisible in November 2022. Only one other marker disappeared this week.
- conversely the New total doesn't include 6 new markers added in November 2022 (3 in/on the M25, 2 in NW England and 1 in the SE).
- the English region boundaries are my own arbitrary ones (e.g. South England is west of London, east of Bristol, and north beyond Oxford but not as far as Northampton); "M25" is anything on/inside the M25/Greater London area.

Has anyone seen Brent Cross recently? I noticed it's missing from the car Nav and app - not even a "temporarily unavailable" marker.

View attachment 908429
IIRC there was an accident near there or one of the north London supercharger points so either refurbishment or they have decided to can it. I cant even see prices on my map, a few others have commented too. Meh they wont get my 2 pence il just charge elsewhere

Yes, in my screenshot Park Royal is the grey pin just below and left of the red circle (where Brent Cross used to be) and its status is “temporary closure”. In contrast there’s nothing for Brent Cross so I wondered if it’s been decommissioned?
Probably affected by the redevelopment works:

I haven’t been there in ages, but did recall seeing the tower cranes etc on site a few months ago whilst on the north circular.

Reactions: cezdoc
Northampton SC Update

I was in for a a warranty issue today, and the tombstones are all in and look ready, but they will not be live until march at the earliest as they need to connect to substation and also they have to turn the electric off for a day at the SC to power on.

• Informative
Reactions: 15Peter20
Northampton SC Update

I was in for a a warranty issue today, and the tombstones are all in and look ready, but they will not be live until march at the earliest as they need to connect to substation and also they have to turn the electric off for a day at the SC to power on.
I'm looking forward to this opening as this is perfect for my visits to Wellingborough - Grange Park is getting much more busy these days