Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you move stalls? Over the years I've had a few occasions where the charge was surprisingly slow - e,g, no one else there - and swapping stalls gave me expected charge rate - so I reckon, on those occasions, the stall was faulty.
Yes, twice!! First stall had no power at all so I moved to the only free charger which was pretty slow as it had a car sharing. When a paired stall became completely free I moved to that, so nobody sharing and it was equally slow. I passed the time by being amused at the folk arriving and spending ages trying to get my original stall to work, all unsuccessful!! I wasn’t kind enough to tell them it was u/s. I get the impression that Tebay superchargers need a bit of TLC due to heavy use

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Can't find it in Plugshare (so no user comments)

Zap-Map has it, but most recent comment is 5 months ago "Hotel makes a £15 charge for use" ... which I thought was contrary to Tesla Ts and Cs for destination charger (and Zap-Map says "free to use")- also looks like only 7kW
It is/was only 7kW but it was a nice walk through the grounds beside the river after lunch or dinner. I last used it during Covid when the troops were there driving/ manning ambulances. I couldn't access the hotel but had a free charge and a nice, distanced, chat with one of the owners.

Not strictly SuC related but possibly will help / connected to the upcoming Tebay Northbound / Taunton / Beaconsfield install that Tesla had a marker pins for…

IMG_0036.jpeg

Last edited:
Official rates on the Apcoa webpage quote £2.50 for up to 30 minutes and £2.50 for up to 1 hour.
The St Catherine's Walk webpage is currently quoting £1 for up to 30 minutes and £2.50 for 1 hour.
The Apcoa website has been updated to reference the Tesla chargers and there's no mention of anything like a discount/parking charge waiver.
Personally I don't mind paying for parking but it looks pricey if you're only visiting for a quick charge en route to somewhere else.

it's hard to be going for quick charge and then off to somewhere else as this is the only one SC in vicinity

What were the holdup(s)?

Recall there was something about neighbouring landowner right of way / easement / wayleaves for supply cabling…
Most of the rumours were way off the mark, it was more political/strategic from one of the stakeholders. A change in personnel/ownership was the first step to a solution and since then it’s classic DNO/red-tape.
Because it’s a bit sensitive I’m not sure T would ever be pleased if it was made public and they’d rather just leave it in the past and forget about it!

• Informative
Reactions: Sean.
How disappointing, I was hoping for something in the city rather than on the way out to the west. I'm not sure where everyone is going to be heading that warrants both this and Carmarthen. The M4 in South Wales is certainly going to be well equipped.
I regularly travel down from Scotland and this is a great location for supporting cross country via Welshpool and Builth Wells. It’s also less of a detour than Bridgend if using the Heads of the Valleys. Swansea could do with some proper rapid charger hubs but Penllergaer does open up a lot of long distance routes if relying on Superchargers.

I regularly travel down from Scotland and this is a great location for supporting cross country via Welshpool and Builth Wells. It’s also less of a detour than Bridgend if using the Heads of the Valleys. Swansea could do with some proper rapid charger hubs but Penllergaer does open up a lot of long distance routes if relying on Superchargers.
But where are you going to/from, that wouldn't be equally well served by some chargers in the city? For example at Parc Tawe ?

This is the Welsh Supercharger void! Come on Tesla, Oswestry next please!
View attachment 912221

Tesla is driven by data and let’s be honest, hardly anyone actually lives in mid wales.

Sure there is a large transient tourist population that goes to mid wales but in reality, they’ll be better served by low power desalination chargers which are much cheaper and easier to install.

Rapids are only viable where there are large critical masses of people traveling longer distances. We are talking multi million £ investments most of the time.

🔥More good news for Wales 🐳 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Swansea services seems to be progressing at pace.
View attachment 911989

I had a go at geolocating the Moto Swansea Services Supercharger using Dafydd's photos in the TOUK tweet.
Looks like the Tesla stalls have been placed opposite the Gridserve charging hub at the east end of the car park.
Approximate coordinates: (51.678700, -3.994000).

1677585824733.png