Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is barely in Wales TBH. Better than nothing though. What I think would be an amazing location would be near Betws-y-Coed where the A5 meets the A470 so you could service both routes in one go. Unfortunately I think they are still on a quest for fire around there so probably don't have a suitable location with the necessary power supply.

View attachment 907065
Given the number of hotels near that junction I expect they figured out fire a while ago. So if you're really interested you could try checking out the various business to see if they are big enough to host, and if so maybe contacting them and asking. There's currently a single CCS/CHAdeMO/Type 2 at a hotel there.
1676389168867.png

Given the number of hotels near that junction I expect they figured out fire a while ago. So if you're really interested you could try checking out the various business to see if they are big enough to host, and if so maybe contacting them and asking. There's currently a single CCS/CHAdeMO/Type 2 at a hotel there.
View attachment 907075
I am guessing from your location and the fact that you think there would be a spare 1MW grid connection lying around there that you haven't spent much time in rural Wales?

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado
I've had a careful look at Tesla's map and below is what I think is the new status of the coming soon markers in the UK (there aren't any in Ireland at the moment).
I've found 16 new markers plus a number of timing changes: 1 sooner, 21 later and 9 unchanged.
One marker has been removed; in addition 17 "invisible" markers, which weren't on the map but until yesterday had working web links, have also disappeared.
Newark appears to have gone live today, so has also come off the "coming soon" list.
As always Tesla's list more of a guide than a definitive list but I think all the sites spotted and reported to be under construction are included with the arguable exception of Fleet Southbound which may finally be switched on in the near future.

1676397185726.png

Invisible markers that no longer have active web links (or I couldn't find one!):
1676397222053.png

We do get excited when they update the map don’t we.

It’s a bit of a catch 22 for me while it’s good to see their ambition but given how many of these are actually delivered, I think I’d rather they don’t put anything on their map until they have commercial contracts signed and sealed (including planning and grid connections secured), particularly when it’s a 3rd party site.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
We do get excited when they update the map don’t we.

It’s a bit of a catch 22 for me while it’s good to see their ambition but given how many of these are actually delivered, I think I’d rather they don’t put anything on their map until they have commercial contracts signed and sealed (including planning and grid connections secured), particularly when it’s a 3rd party site.
I admit to finding Tesla's mysterious mix of fact and aspiration seasoned with a sprinkling of vagueness strangely addictive. On the other hand I'm careful not to get too attached to the list so there's no crying into a pillow if a marker in a particularly-useful-to-me spot disappears.

That said, since Tesla moved to quarterly updates, the markers they list as targeting the current quarter have been a fairly good guide to sites that will materialize (although by then there is often evidence on the ground that something is happening). Carmarthen would be an example of this - the marker had a fairly imminent target of Q3 2022 when it appeared in April last year, moved out to Q4 2022 in November before construction started in January. On this basis I hope that Swansea, for example, is very likely to happen as it has been retained since April last year with fairly "soon" target dates (now showing Q2 2023).

I've had a careful look at Tesla's map and below is what I think is the new status of the coming soon markers in the UK (there aren't any in Ireland at the moment).
I've found 16 new markers plus a number of timing changes: 1 sooner, 21 later and 9 unchanged.
One marker has been removed; in addition 17 "invisible" markers, which weren't on the map but until yesterday had working web links, have also disappeared.
Newark appears to have gone live today, so has also come off the "coming soon" list.
As always Tesla's list more of a guide than a definitive list but I think all the sites spotted and reported to be under construction are included with the arguable exception of Fleet Southbound which may finally be switched on in the near future.

View attachment 907133

Invisible markers that no longer have active web links (or I couldn't find one!):
View attachment 907134
Taunton going back 18 months is a PITA. makes Exeter the only charging point between Bristol and Devon

Reactions: Cantonalegod
And also:
- Bar Hill, on the A14 near cambridge too (although the marker is the wrong side of cambridge for Bar hill - the marker is near all the car dealerships by the aiport are)
- Stansted (there is already a SC at the services there but only 4 bays so often full)
- Godstone (round the bottom of the M25)
- Bridgport
- St albans
- Swindon
- Solihull

all q1 2024

St Albans should help with overcrowding at South Mimms

Reactions: Cantonalegod