Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Birch Westbound, still the same as it’s been for a week or two - Tesla equipment in place.
Noticed behind the grass verge the green substation hasn’t been delivered yet, so still some work to do.
View attachment 947613

On my return journey, grabbed a coffee at Birch Eastbound and the contractors are cracking on there too, I suspect it’ll be in the same stages as Westbound early next week.
View attachment 947614
View attachment 947615

Thanks for the update. Good to see construction progressing on the eastbound side at Birch. It looks like it's at the northern end of the carpark near the Travelodge, so a slightly different location from the supercharge.info marker (53.567562,-2.233357 at time of writing). I'd estimate it at about (53.568300, -2.233500). Also looks like 12 stalls powered by 3 charger cabinets both eastbound and westbound.

1687166868566.png

In another thread Flint was reported as being open to all - sorry, I don't know if this is new news? and I can't see that Supercharger Info has details of when sites open up?
The UK non-Tesla superchargers are discussed in this thread which can be used to work out approximate dates that existing sites were opened to non-Tesla. but it's not easy to find (I remembered posting there once or twice so I checked my previous posts list). I was thinking it might be helpful to have a sticky post with a table at the start; I do have my own tally saved somewhere (but no guarantee it's regularly checked!).

I wrote up a summary here:
Tesla open up the SuC network [in UK]
which indicates that Flint Mountain was one of the original 15 that opened up on 18th May 2022.

Do non-Teslas get the same rates? (at SC open to them obviously)
if you are interested you can see the non tesla rates in the app. Touch the person icon in the top right then scroll right to "charge Your Non Tesla". It will show you the sites available and the pay as you go price for each site which is typically about 15p more than we pay.

Unsure if the data in my app is cached, but I must have checked around twenty Superchargers last night and couldn't find one with an off peak lower than 38p.
It does not seem to be all of them. I checked all the ones near me and only found one, Trafford Centre, however while it may have a very cheap overnight rate 25p the Peak rate of 46p is from 10am to 8pm not the more usual 4pm to 8pm so if you want to sit in The Trafford centre car park in the middle of the night you could get a really good price but go in the day time and you are likely to be paying a higher price than most other places which are typically only 40p until 4pm - 8pm.

Reactions: petit_bateau
So even with the additional charges for non-Tesla, SuperChargers are cheaper for them than any of the other networks.

Tesla Wokingham non-member: 62p peak
Shell : 85p
BP: 79p
Instavolt: 75p
Osprey: 79p
Gridserve: 69p
MFG: 79p

That's pretty annoying.
It's called competition. Although Tesla isn't actually that competitive with most of those because it's open-to-all service is pretty patchy in comparison.