Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the-office-thank-you.gif

For a moment I thought I am crazy.. :D

• Funny
Reactions: CMc1
Definitely not new. See this post from April…
I had missed the post you sent sent in April, but again it is another change even from that. The timings and prices are different now. They are clearly experimenting with the time bands and costs presumably to try to affect the queues.

When I arrived at Scotch Corner at 3.30pm on Sunday it was showing a 15min delay and there were queues until after 5pm. I waited until about 8pm to do my top up and it was then I noticed the change. I am sure it has also been back to just the two bands of peak and off peak up until recently because I charge here most weeks and had not spotted this change.

I think speculation given that V4 come with the extra non-Tesla features for card payments. It will be interesting to find out.
I used the first v4 installation in France at Riom and although open to non-Teslas, the chargers did not have any card payment facility - I assume it was only available via an App. The Tottenham chargers have the contactless card function and it would seem to be the way ahead for future installations.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
Has this one been mentioned yet?

Gipsy Lane Retail Park, Luton - looks like 16 x V3

Good news. Notwithstanding potential congestion this appears to plug a bit of a gap on the M1 north of London.
Agreed the bases in the tweeted photos look rounded suggesting they will be V3. Based on the photos I estimate the exact location to be just beyond the McDonald's at (51.871900, -0.397300).

1695890438204.png

I just went via Tamworth Services yesterday.
In tesla page it shows that SC is due in Q4 2023.

View attachment 973757

No other activity apart of dug up parking is visible and there is Moto services sign about "EV charging hub coming"

Re Tamworth services, apparently both Tesla and Gridserve superchargers are due to be installed by around December or January. I don't have any further details, but it would be great if they can stick to that schedule (not least because it's been "coming soon" for so many years!).

Reactions: m3gt2 and yessuz