Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And it‘s yet another site in Bristol when there’s a gaping hole to the North in Gloucestershire / Worcestershire / Cotswolds.

What a terrible location! The area is always gridlocked, it can take 15 mins to get from the motorway to there, even though it’s about a mile (or less!)

I agree it's not the best location and that others are desperately needed elsewhere, but perhaps Tesla are targeting the increasing numbers of city drivers who can't charge at home? Anyway, progress is being made...

Attachments

• IMG_1003.jpeg
    IMG_1003.jpeg
    492.4 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: novemberRomeo
Aside from any sticker/wrap branding changes I suspect they will be identical to normal Tesla V4 superchargers in behaviour.

I do wonder if EG will get their own app/payment to be compatible with them so as to not require Tesla app installs, but probably will rely on contactless.
could be. then question is pricing. either they will be tad more expensive... but every SC has own price, so probably difference will be hidden

Leicester Beaumont Shopping Centre 12 stalls planning approved
The arch nemesis Tesla owners club tweeted about it here
And here are the plans
Supercharge.info link

Leicester Beaumont Shopping Centre 12 stalls planning approved
The arch nemesis Tesla owners club tweeted about it here
And here are the plans
Supercharge.info link

Not sure if that's the best location in Leicester for more SC's. Be better to put some more just off J21 (but not fosse park is its a disaster trying to get in and out at weekends etc).
Maybe would have bene better more Thurmaston/A46 way?

Not sure if it's a scale thing, but how on earth are you supposed to access the middle bank of Ionity chargers in the photo shown above?

Hope the Tesla ones aren't another "open to all" site, it's going to be carnage when you have 40p/kWh on one side and £1/kWh 30 feet away.

Not sure if it's a scale thing, but how on earth are you supposed to access the middle bank of Ionity chargers in the photo shown above?

Hope the Tesla ones aren't another "open to all" site, it's going to be carnage when you have 40p/kWh on one side and £1/kWh 30 feet away.
They look like gridserve ABB chargers and they are laid out in a nose to tail formation with the charger being on the side of the car.

PS, I get the sentiment but the price difference is not that extreme. 45/55p is typical Tesla and 79p for gridserve.

As far as I’m aware, reading east is the only MSA where there are Tesla open to all and gridserve on the same site and for the most part, the non-Tesla’s use the gridserve chargers. You can also use them if Tesla is full….

Sadly all V4's are open to all in the UK, without exception. Currently Moto Reading (westbound) is the only example so far where Tesla are opposite other, more expensive, 3rd party rapids. Some of the other expansions still have V3's going in but as @Epico notes the Frankley stalls pictured are V4.

There are quite a lot of deals to be had with Ionity chargers so a lot of people in the know use third party charging cards and apps or manufacturer schemes which make Ionity a lot cheaper to use than the headline price so Ionity can be quite popular amongst some non-Tesla’s drivers.

I’m hoping they sort the power out on the other side as I’d probably occasionally use the northbound side but rarely the southbound.

Reactions: ringi
Gretna was showing as totally closed earlier this evening - I hope it is just to connect all the new v3 chargers.

Abington has two chargers offline - so that makes it tricky on the M74 this evening. Yesterday I also noticed on the Abington site (in the car display) shows a message (again) that the site is to close for expansion.

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc and Adopado