Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They were working again by 5pm yesterday.

I must say it was the first time in over two years that I have had range anxiety. I was aiming for Newbridge from Scotch Corner to arrive with 10% and saw them go offline as I was hitting the Edinburgh bypass. I did an immediate 3 mile divert to a Chargeplace Scotland site and found it out of action. Back on the ring road I then hit the usual long delays and was then aiming for Hartburn (with an estimate of 4 miles range left!!) but as I reached about six miles from Newbridge it showed as online but unknown number of chargers working so I went there and all was working as normal.
There was always the airport only a couple of miles away.

Reactions: Adopado
They were showing a very long delay as you would expect - it was when the nav rerouted to them that I saw there was a problem and headed off to the non working CPS site!
The petrol station at the Newbridge roundabout has about 5 really good ultra rapids that I use for my Fiat500. The CPS ones in Edinburgh are all owned by BP Pulse and are usually f**ked. It is particularly awful the huge bank of such chargers at the Ingelston Park and Ride. Last time I was there they had no power going to about 20 charge points. BP wants you to go back to burning oil.

Just an FYI - Gretna Chargers are closed and work is being done on the new expansion. Queues at scotch corner and Abington we’ve experienced today travelling up north!
Is it not half term holidays for some areas? My sister lives in Glasgow and I think her kids are off this week. Think some other places in England though where I am, half term is next week.

Gonna be going up by Tebay next week. Can someone stick a cone in a bay and cover with out of order over one of the chargers to reserve it for me? 😉

Just charging at Perth now. The car shows all 12 chargers available but 4 are screened off for works on the street lights above. They are working but not available.
We noticed that when we charged at Perth yesterday. Bizarrely I was monitoring availability both heading for Perth and whilst charging and it showed 9 available all the time. However apart from the 4 closed off (I suppose if they’re working but just blocked off they would show as being available) there were actually only 2 available when we arrived.
Incidentally ever since the Newbridge problem on Saturday there seems to be no indication of how many stalls are available at Newbridge.

• Informative
Reactions: arg
I’m at Welcome Break Birchanger near Stansted Airport and there are several guys working on thick black cables for the Superchargers

Attachments

• IMG_2686.jpeg
    IMG_2686.jpeg
    761.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2687.jpeg
    IMG_2687.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Anyone know the current status of Gretna and Abington superchargers?
A bit more (second-hand) info:
Abington - no upgrade/expansion activity as of Monday this week. My app is showing 2 of the 6 stalls are out of order. It was closed for a few weeks in November/December with a message on the Nav raising hopes that some sort of upgrade is planned, but no tangible progress so far. Expect to queue!
Gretna - there are now 14 V3 stalls in place, the 4 old V2 stalls have been removed which is why the site is offline. Hopefully not long to go before the upgraded site goes live but no real clue. Likely days, possibly weeks, probably not months...

Gretna still closed
Abington still has two stalls not working

Also two stalls not working at Eurocentral

A bit more (second-hand) info:
Abington - no upgrade/expansion activity as of Monday this week. My app is showing 2 of the 6 stalls are out of order. It was closed for a few weeks in November/December with a message on the Nav raising hopes that some sort of upgrade is planned, but no tangible progress so far. Expect to queue!
Gretna - there are now 14 V3 stalls in place, the 4 old V2 stalls have been removed which is why the site is offline. Hopefully not long to go before the upgraded site goes live but no real clue. Likely days, possibly weeks, probably not months...
Thanks. Going to be passing in an hour or two. I was hoping Gretna might be up and running by now since it's been offline for a while. Maybe on the return leg on Monday!🤞