Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no tesla supercharger at tamworth services was ment to be fitted last year.

Attachments

• 20240218_131720.jpg
    20240218_131720.jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 20240218_131729.jpg
    20240218_131729.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 20
Real shame they can't get Tamworth up and running - it sits in a bit of a Supercharger desert along that route. Donnington park is also somewhere lacking in chargers and would be useful being as it is on major motorways and next to an airport.
*Cough* Derby/Notts west bridgeford/Victoria" *cough*

Two most useless places for SCs are in Derby and Victoria. Don't know what were they thinking

Edited: Do’h! Got West and East M4 services sites mixed up. Too excited! 😛 still more V4’s and a Megapack to boot

Motorway Service Area
Reading Services Eastbound
Burghfield
Reading
RG30 3UQ

Tesla V4

Awaiting decision ( Feb 2024 )

23/02937/FUL | Installation of a Tesla Megapack, two Superchargers and an additional 10No EV Charging spaces with Charging Posts

Thanks to @dpar59 over at SpeakEV. The man is legend.

Last edited:
Hopefully not too much off topic. We are heading to York this weekend from Scotland. I wondered how busy the Harrogate super chargers tend to be? Small diversion to fill up to the brim and head home when we leave. Avoids the Sunday Tebay rush. Maybe!! Anyone? Anyone?

Hopefully not too much off topic. We are heading to York this weekend from Scotland. I wondered how busy the Harrogate super chargers tend to be? Small diversion to fill up to the brim and head home when we leave. Avoids the Sunday Tebay rush. Maybe!! Anyone? Anyone?
Been there four or five times, mostly weekends, and have always been able to plug straight in. YMMV of course...

Reactions: Carts850
23/02937/FUL | Installation of a Tesla Megapack, two Superchargers and an additional 10No EV Charging spaces with Charging Posts

This application is a bit odd. It shows 6 superchargers (and 2 cabinets) under "existing plan", then 10 more (total 16, 4 cabinets) under "proposed". But AFAIK there aren't any there at the moment, and if you go looking in the planning history for the site there's no previous Tesla application, but there is an application for what looks like Gridserve (12 stalls) on a location adjacent to these Tesla ones (but not showing the 6 Tesla as "existing"). So was there a plan for 6 V3 that was going to be done under permitted development, but then re-specified before building to have 16, and either the Megapack or the V4 vs V3 stalls meaning planning was required rather than PD?

Useful V4 supercharger datasheet in there. Numbers for the cabinets are all the same as we've seen before (and it describes it as a "V3.5 Supercharger cabinet" which is presumably the step up from 430A input (350kW) to 465A input (387kW) that was observed around 2022. Also mentions the 3-output version of the cabinet; again we've seen this before, but the datasheet give the weight difference - 71kg is a lot of copper, and presumably the reason for having the two versions.

Also notable that it says post max 250kW, despite being rated 1000V and 615A - so arguing against the speculation that Tesla were about to go for an 800V system. And some minor details of the "site controller".

• Informative
Reactions: Sean. and cezdoc

Always empty when I've driven past. Nice cafe / shop. No destination charging in York?

There's a load of brand new Gridserve chargers at Scotch Corner if you don't feel up to fighting over the 120kW Superchargers at the hotel.

I would just caution that as it's only 6 stalls and open to non-Tesla's it doesn't take much to fill up. I used it a couple of times in spring last year, on the second occasion only 5 of the 6 bays were usable due to a non-Tesla user with a charge port on the "wrong" side. While I was there a queue sporadically formed but no-one waited more than about 10 mins to get on.
At points in the past the car park has been closed when the garden centre / shop is closed (issues with travellers/non-authorised use of the car park I believe) but arrangements may have changed.
I would expect the busy periods to be post school run/rush hour in the week and weekend lunchtimes/afternoons. Apps like Zap-Map and Plugshare may have useful comments to help gauge when usage may be high.
The garden centre, coffee bar (at the back of the gift shop) and restaurant are all very pleasant.

Thanks for the above.
Not so sure what the status is re charging in York, and won't have a load of time to horse about trying and failing. Hence the keep it simple idea!! If the trip goes smoothly I could juice up at scotch corner there and back, or if we are in York on "fumes" then Harrogate might work and fire back home in a "wunner".
kind of exciting.

Thanks for the above.
Not so sure what the status is re charging in York, and won't have a load of time to horse about trying and failing. Hence the keep it simple idea!! If the trip goes smoothly I could juice up at scotch corner there and back, or if we are in York on "fumes" then Harrogate might work and fire back home in a "wunner".
kind of exciting.
York has two sets of 'hyperhub' charging stations at Monks Cross and Poppleton Bar Park and Ride. I think it's 59p/kWh.