Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK FSD Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have FSD including lane change, summon etc. It's a full spec car. Just wish the avoidance option worked like in the US.

Also worth reiterating that FSD (any form of autosteer) in UK is designed only for divided highways with controlled entry/exits and no vulnerable road users such as pedestrians and cyclists - ie motorways and some dual carriageway A roads. Only north American FSD beta is currently designed for 'city streets' and other roads - caveat designed and suitable for are not the same thing, hence beta and you must be alert at all times etc etc.

I notice FSD Beta has been added to the Model 3 manual for the UK. The Autoplilot section has a subsection titled "Full Self-Driving (Beta)"

The first paragraph says "When Full Self-Driving (Beta) (also referred to as Autosteer on City Streets) is engaged, Model 3 attempts to drive to your destination by following curves in the road, stopping at and negotiating intersections, making left and right turns, navigating roundabouts, and entering/exiting highways."

So it's definitely talking about city streets,

Manual version is dated 2024 and says "Software version: 2023.38, Europe"

This is a good sign, right?

Reactions: Dilly and goRt
The 4-year consultation yet to be debated in the house of commons and fairly irrelevant while UK law still adheres to UNECE automotive regulation.
The Law commission consultation actually put forward dual legislation, where cars sold in the UK would either need to comply with UNECE or UK regulations.

As such, what eventually happens in UK may be independent of what happens with UNECE.

Probably more on the Europe side than the UK side of the manual. Or just another tease in mitigation of lawsuits. We do intend to release FSDb in the UK at some point…see it’s in the manual. We just need to port it from LHD, do our legal checks and customer research groups and and and. Happy for time to prove me wrong.

Probably more on the Europe side than the UK side of the manual. Or just another tease in mitigation of lawsuits. We do intend to release FSDb in the UK at some point…see it’s in the manual. We just need to port it from LHD, do our legal checks and customer research groups and and and. Happy for time to prove me wrong.
I understand your pessimism, but there have been reports of FSDBeta being tested by Tesla employees in the UK, and there have been various job listing in various RHD markets for FSDBeta test drivers also.

I too may be proven wrong, but I suspect there is much more going on behind the scenes than we currently know about. When regulations allow, things may move quickly (or not!)

So, if Tesla announce a doubling of the FSD price with a couple of days notice, to be followed by FSB City Streets beta rollout in UK (with some regulatory differences to what they have in North America) that only applies to FSD (not EAP or basic autopilot), will anyone then take the plunge to lock themselves in at the current price? I guess there is always (iirc) 14 day cooling off on upgrades if things don't work out.