Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 8 August. Final invoice in my account today complete with VIN though it wasn’t in my account at midnight uk time last night. Delivery on 2 October at Edinburgh. Vin 528*** . Don’t know how to update my details on spreadsheet. Model is LRAWD with 18” Aeros

White

It really is a bizarre lottery, I ordered the exact same spec for Edinburgh on 27th July... 490xxx VIN appeared overnight but no final invoice and no date!

I just spoke to Edinburgh Tesla as I needed to get an invoice date changed. I applied for EST after i ordered the car so needed one dated today. (EST application has to be before the order!)

Anyway - my final invoices (i have 2 both with the same VIN) that have been in my account for 2 weeks show a 25th September delivery date. I asked him how realistic this is, his answer was that it's more likely early October. I prey to god that the change of invoice date doesn't bump me/change VIN etc.

White, SR+, Aero's, Black int.
Hi

Can you explain your comments on the EST? I applied after I paid for the deposit which is how I read the information attached to the loan form advising me on the loan. I thought that, as long as I didn’t pay any more I’d be fine. I’ve just had my invoice today but I don’t yet have confirmation of my EST loan.

Reactions: ediflyer
Hi

Can you explain your comments on the EST? I applied after I paid for the deposit which is how I read the information attached to the loan form advising me on the loan. I thought that, as long as I didn’t pay any more I’d be fine. I’ve just had my invoice today but I don’t yet have confirmation of my EST loan.

I applied for the EST after putting the deposit down on the car. About 3 weeks later, the loan was approved and paperwork recieved. I have now signed and returned the paperwork. I will send them the Final Invoice as soon as it appears in my account!

I just spoke to Edinburgh Tesla as I needed to get an invoice date changed. I applied for EST after i ordered the car so needed one dated today. (EST application has to be before the order!)
No, you're allowed to apply for EST after ordering the car, you just aren't allowed to make any further payments over and above the deposit/reservation fee until the loan has been approved. Lots of us that ordered on the 1st May were in that situation and it definitely wasn't an issue for EST.

Yep that's absolutely fine. Once confirmation/loan offer letter received and you've sent back your loan paperwork then you're fine to make more payments. For most of us the hold-up was the final invoice and we had to send that in months after all the other paperwork, but you should be able to send everything back at once!

Is anyone else noticing a lot of people being told early October delivery which from everything we know of Tesla makes no sense(push for end of quarter numbers etc)...is it a ploy and all are due to be delivered in September and they can then claim they pulled your delivery forward and gain the 'kudos' for it...seems to be what's happening...suppose only time will tell

Is anyone else noticing a lot of people being told early October delivery which from everything we know of Tesla makes no sense(push for end of quarter numbers etc)...is it a ploy and all are due to be delivered in September and they can then claim they pulled your delivery forward and gain the 'kudos' for it...seems to be what's happening...suppose only time will tell

Agree this makes little sense to me either, unless they are counting this quarter as a write off and aiming to increase the next quarter.

Another reason might be because they were meant to be winding down the end of quarter waves of deliveries and space them out more so will see end of this month I guess

No, you're allowed to apply for EST after ordering the car, you just aren't allowed to make any further payments over and above the deposit/reservation fee until the loan has been approved. Lots of us that ordered on the 1st May were in that situation and it definitely wasn't an issue for EST.

Ordered car on 8th August, got a final invoice in my account on 19th August, in the meantime I applied for and got accepted for the EST - however I got the offer paperwork from them on 27th August for the EST, returned paperwork to them but then got this today via email.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to process your claim yet as the invoice you have supplied is dated prior to the loan offer. Can you please confirm if you have purchased/taken receipt of the vehicle? If you have not, please contact your dealership to arrange for an updated invoice to allow us to proceed.

I apologise for any frustration this may cause. If you have any further queries or issues, please do not hesitate to let us know.

I've only paid the £2k deposit - nothing else. Called Tesla today and they said they would send me a newly dated invoice post the offer of EST - saying that nothing has arrived yet.

• Informative
Reactions: ediflyer
Ordered car on 8th August, got a final invoice in my account on 19th August, in the meantime I applied for and got accepted for the EST - however I got the offer paperwork from them on 27th August for the EST, returned paperwork to them but then got this today via email.

I've only paid the £2k deposit - nothing else. Called Tesla today and they said they would send me a newly dated invoice post the offer of EST - saying that nothing has arrived yet.

It would be good to know how Tesla dealt with this. I have 2 problems with my invoice. 1 is the date but 2 is the way that Tesla have accounted for my Trade In as a payment. I’m fairly sure that I need that changed. Particularly since I haven’t got my offer yet. On the offer, did it come in by email or snail mail. I applied on paper.

It would be good to know how Tesla dealt with this. I have 2 problems with my invoice. 1 is the date but 2 is the way that Tesla have accounted for my Trade In as a payment. I’m fairly sure that I need that changed. Particularly since I haven’t got my offer yet. On the offer, did it come in by email or snail mail. I applied on paper.

I applied online and got documents via email, printed off and returned via post to them.

No updated invoice yet.....

Interesting, I don't think any of us in the first wave encountered this issue as the final invoices were only sent out months after ordering. Given you hadn't made any payments though I'm surprised EST made an issue of it. Glad Tesla have reissued it.

That’s what I fear. My timetable is quite tight. If I remember correctly it can take up to 2 weeks to release the cash and I need to pay my bill 7 days in advance. I need to have the paperwork sorted by next Tuesday if I’m to meet the timetable.
In fairness release of cash has been closer to a week by EST and Tesla only need payment by time of collection, not a week before (there's even been a couple of reports of folks who sent final payment on the day that were still allowed to take delivery when they showed their online banking statement!)

In fairness release of cash has been closer to a week by EST and Tesla only need payment by time of collection, not a week before (there's even been a couple of reports of folks who sent final payment on the day that were still allowed to take delivery when they showed their online banking statement!)

I spoke with EST today. It would appear they are much busier than previously and hadn’t processed my application within their suggested working timescales. They only carried out a credit check this morning. I was quoted 10 working days for cash to be in my account. If it’s sooner that’s good news. The paperwork came in tonight so I still need to speak to Tesla about my new invoice (which says 7 days before delivery for payment)

Remarkable. You may have won the Model 3 delivery lottery :D

I ordered June 9 and have none of those things. A delivery window of 7-20 August came and went with zero communication, I got all excited when they told me “great news your delivery has been brought forward”. It was fake news. And also excited when I got a hidden VIN in source code. It disappeared and is now an ex VIN. So to order on 8 August and already have a delivery confirmed is very good indeed, I’m jealous :cool:
I ordered 30th July and had a phone call next day saying to complete all the online information & I should get car in August. Filled in forms that day - not heard anything except text saying they’ll tell me when it’s ready about 3 weeks ago. :(