Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 8 August. Final invoice in my account today complete with VIN though it wasn’t in my account at midnight uk time last night. Delivery on 2 October at Edinburgh. Vin 528*** . Don’t know how to update my details on spreadsheet. Model is LRAWD with 18” Aeros

Remarkable. You may have won the Model 3 delivery lottery :D

I ordered June 9 and have none of those things. A delivery window of 7-20 August came and went with zero communication, I got all excited when they told me “great news your delivery has been brought forward”. It was fake news. And also excited when I got a hidden VIN in source code. It disappeared and is now an ex VIN. So to order on 8 August and already have a delivery confirmed is very good indeed, I’m jealous :cool:

Reactions: Roy W.
Basically not enough orders for certain configs, so they didnt get made as a matter of priority.

SR+ is at the back of the queue by default. Lower profit margin. So if you order a P or an LR with no fancy options you will get it quick.

Would love to know what the actual factory runs are

Basically not enough orders for certain configs, so they didnt get made as a matter of priority.

SR+ is at the back of the queue by default. Lower profit margin. So if you order a P or an LR with no fancy options you will get it quick.

Would love to know what the actual factory runs are

I ordered a LR with no fancy options unless red paint is considered fancy? And I'd have thought red paint would be high profit margin for Tesla so one they'd want to sell quickly. But I'm definitely not getting it quickly. In fact, I've no idea when I'm getting it like most folk on here :confused:

Reactions: Yev000 and Roy W.
I placed my order on the 20th August. Received email and call last Friday advising that there was a cancellation (customer couldn't meet delivery slot) and asking would I be able to take delivery ... so I am heading across on Friday 6th September to collect the Model 3 from Edinburgh SC. Happy days!

Model 3 SR+ | Black | 18 Aeros | Black interior
Ordered 20-August-2019 | Order number RN109xxx | VIN: 5YJxxx

L
I placed my order on the 20th August. Received email and call last Friday advising that there was a cancellation (customer couldn't meet delivery slot) and asking would I be able to take delivery ... so I am heading across on Friday 6th September to collect the Model 3 from Edinburgh SC. Happy days!

Lucky you !

I ordered a few days before then and not seen any VIN yet.
White LRAWD from Edinburgh.

A delivery window of 7-20 August came and went with zero communication

Oh noooooo... this is so bad news. I received a delivery window 3-10 sept on August 5. As of today I have no news, no VIN, no final invoice, NADA...
I sold my car like many thinking September delivery would give me a safe margin...

Reservation on November 2017
Ordered 7 may
Blu SR+ black interior, aero wheels, FSD.

Just tried to call this morning, an automated voice (Tesla will contact you when your delivery is ready) hang up after 40 min wait on first call and after 6 min on the second. They don’t want to talk to us!

Good feeling for you, though based on experiences recounted on here it wouldn't surprise me if the original owner was given a completely unreasonable timeframe to agree to collect. Not your problem of course, but kinda surreal that they just dish cars out to other people.

Oh noooooo... this is so bad news. I received a delivery window 3-10 sept on August 5. As of today I have no news, no VIN, no final invoice, NADA...
I sold my car like many thinking September delivery would give me a safe margin...

Reservation on November 2017
Ordered 7 may
Blu SR+ black interior, aero wheels, FSD.

Just tried to call this morning, an automated voice (Tesla will contact you when your delivery is ready) hang up after 40 min wait on first call and after 6 min on the second. They don’t want to talk to us!

Indeed. I very nearly sold my car but thankfully paused the process 2 days before my delivery window expired as I had zero confidence in Tesla based on the total lack of communication. Good job I did as I need a car. Like you I tried to call them, text them, email them to no avail. It’s ridiculous. I sincerely hope they get back to you and honour the delivery window they’ve communicated but wouldn’t be remotely surprised if it expires with no further communication.

The other issue here is that selling my current car covers quite a hefty proportion of my cash purchase of the Model 3. So I’ve had to find other funding so that I’m able to pay up when I finally get a final invoice. Leaving me the challenge of selling my current car only after the Model 3 arrives, whenever the hell that is. The whole purchase experience leaves much to be desired even if the car is worth it.

I just spoke to Edinburgh Tesla as I needed to get an invoice date changed. I applied for EST after i ordered the car so needed one dated today. (EST application has to be before the order!)

Anyway - my final invoices (i have 2 both with the same VIN) that have been in my account for 2 weeks show a 25th September delivery date. I asked him how realistic this is, his answer was that it's more likely early October. I prey to god that the change of invoice date doesn't bump me/change VIN etc.

White, SR+, Aero's, Black int.

VINs in your source mean almost nothing. I've had 3 different ones and no final invoice or delivery window/date. It's not an indication your delivery is happening any time soon, that's for sure.