Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaAir_UK

Former Moderator
Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
Faster payments

BACs will have different (typically higher) limits but will take normally 3 days. Often needed to be done at bank, usually free or nominal cost.
SWIFT is pretty much instant but there will be a very early afternoon cutoff and will cost. Normally needs to be done in bank. So really only an option if you get caught up.

As well as splitting faster payments over multiple days, payments can be spread over multiple accounts too.

GeorgeSymonds

Mar 16, 2018
UK
"Drafting contract" seems to be the way until they're looking for final payment and can set an actual date, at least that was what happened in my account.

Reactions: Jez_GB

corbett666

Apr 20, 2021
Cambridge, UK
"Drafting contract" seems to be the way until they're looking for final payment and can set an actual date, at least that was what happened in my account.
I've had a text to say time to pay, make sure you do so before 7 days of collection... 7 days is Friday and my account still say 'drafting contract'

Jez_GB

Supporting Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nottinghamshire, UK
I'm working in Southampton 13th/14th, frustratingly I couldn't make the logistics of collecting the car while down there work, so have to wait until the Friday 😭
I hope to have the time to have a mooch around the port to see if I can spot my car......

corbett666

Apr 20, 2021
Cambridge, UK
I'm working in Southampton 13th/14th, frustratingly I couldn't make the logistics of collecting the car while down there work, so have to wait until the Friday 😭
I hope to have the time to have a mooch around the port to see if I can spot my car......
Same. I couldn't get out of work on the Thursday, but I booked a hotel next to Brent Cross as I'm picking it up first thing Friday the 18th. Already decided I will have a look around the car park and see if I can find it the night before!! :) If I can, I'll do my external checklist at that point!! I'm dragging my fiancé over too, exactly one year before we get married... or at least at the moment, she's not had to spend the night with an over excited man child yet!

• Love
Reactions: Jez_GB

Alic01

Apr 22, 2021
Aberdeenshire
There won’t be any number plates on the cars at the port, you could see many of your spec, on of them will be yours by the end of the week tho, not long now!

Reactions: G00NERJ

corbett666

Apr 20, 2021
Cambridge, UK
So next dilemma, I had fully intended to get my car detailed and ceramic coated.. Good news is there is a great place that will do a top notch job just down the road from me! BUT it takes 2-3 days according to their website. I'm not sure I could cope with not being with my car that long having just got it!!! Maybe I'll wait for the buzz to die down a bit! haha

M3P_W8

2021 M3P
Jan 12, 2021
UK
So next dilemma, I had fully intended to get my car detailed and ceramic coated.. Good news is there is a great place that will do a top notch job just down the road from me! BUT it takes 2-3 days according to their website. I'm not sure I could cope with not being with my car that long having just got it!!! Maybe I'll wait for the buzz to die down a bit! haha
I had that dilema with my last car. Fortunately they provided an Abarth 595 competizione as a loaner which was great fun in the interim!

Just be mindful that if you do wait, try and avoid the temptation to clean it as the detailers will probably thank you for that,

Reactions: corbett666

corbett666

Apr 20, 2021
Cambridge, UK
I had that dilema with my last car. Fortunately they provided an Abarth 595 competizione as a loaner which was great fun in the interim!

Just be mindful that if you do wait, try and avoid the temptation to clean it as the detailers will probably thank you for that,
Hmm ok, I'll drop them an email and see what they can do. Cheers.

Tezzela

Feb 16, 2021
Derby
Todays the day we have all been waiting a long time for, the ship of all ships is bringing our cars into Southampton late this evening 😀
Mine is due for delivery on the 16th. I just spoke to GB Delivery and they said I should be able to collect from Southampton on the 15th... Not worth it for an extra day.... 🤔

TheFuturist

Nov 21, 2020
London
I just got a “please sign Tesla agreement” email, looks like it’s the PCP docs. I thought these get signed on collection day - did anyone else get something similar?

Negomi

Apr 19, 2021
Staffordshire
I just got a “please sign Tesla agreement” email, looks like it’s the PCP docs. I thought these get signed on collection day - did anyone else get something similar?
Yeah, I got mine on Monday, I just signed it and sent the copy. I saved a copy in case there are any issues and need a copy on delivery day.

Reactions: TheFuturist
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC