Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that. So the information we have suggests a mid-April Shanghai departure date and given the 'Just in time' manufacturing process, we could expect a likely manufacturing period around late March / Early April.

....I'm hoping that Tesla are using the time between now and then to add more equipment upgrades that help justify the UK price increase!

Reactions: 2021_M3P
Thanks for that. So the information we have suggests a mid-April Shanghai departure date and given the 'Just in time' manufacturing process, we could expect a likely manufacturing period around late March / Early April.

....I'm hoping that Tesla are using the time between now and then to add more equipment upgrades that help justify the UK price increase!

I agree £3.5k extra for those ordering now, should include some benefit... we will see - time will tell, probably just wishful thinking !

Wow they are really trying to sell the change to LR from my M3P order. Just had my third call from Tesla to see if I was interested!

You really gota think the increase UK price might have just been to move more people to the LR for Q1 sales.

Wow they are really trying to sell the change to LR from my M3P order. Just had my third call from Tesla to see if I was interested!

You really gota think the increase UK price might have just been to move more people to the LR for Q1 sales.

...so that explains the missed call i had from Tesla yesterday!...I'm certainty in no hurry to call them back!

Had a missed call today from Tesla. Voicemail was basically asking if I'd be interested in a M3LR instead (with Acceleration Boost and post-delivery spoiler). Had a follow-up email saying the same. The email is the first firm confirmation from Tesla that my mid-December order (which was due for a March delivery) is estimated to be delivered in mid-late May. The email said, "As you already know, delivery for your Performance Model 3 is currently estimated to be mid-late May..."

It looks like they're trying to increase the Q1 sales. I too wonder if the M3P price hike is to push people towards a Q1 M3LR instead. As I ordered my M3P pre-price hike and not in a hurry, I think I'll wait til May.

• Informative
Reactions: 2021_M3P
Had a missed call today from Tesla. Voicemail was basically asking if I'd be interested in a M3LR instead (with Acceleration Boost and post-delivery spoiler).

Purely out of interest, was the 'Acceleration Boost and post-delivery spoiler' being offered free of charge if you switched your order to a LR?

Tesla haven't called me back yet since my missed call over the weekend, but I also have no intentions of changing my M3P order to an M3LR, even if the May wait is excruciating!

I also happen to be one of the fortunate people who managed to order their M3P in early January prior to the £3.5k price hike. Whilst still very expensive, this has only made me feel like a I have now got a good deal that I don't want to give up! ... I'm framing it in my mind as £3.5k less depreciation I have to suffer once I've silently driven off the forecourt.

Purely out of interest, was the 'Acceleration Boost and post-delivery spoiler' being offered free of charge if you switched your order to a LR?
It wasn't offered to me - just suggested in the email. I haven't had any dialogue with them. If I was interested in the M3LR and they were pushing for me to swap to it, I'd definitely try and get those two free of charge!

Speculation is that this is being done to increase Q1 sales volumes (with all M3P's being delivered in Q2).

... guess Tesla will worry about Q2 sales volumes when they get there!

I know it's speculation, but to give away the LR to P price differential (that is already in the bag) and throw an extra what £2K (boost + spoiler) after it makes no commercial sense to me, perhaps someone who understands these things can explain the math behind the benefit of the lower additional revenue in Q1 vs a significantly higher return in Q2 o_O

I know it's speculation, but to give away the LR to P price differential (that is already in the bag) and throw an extra what £2K (boost + spoiler) after it makes no commercial sense to me, perhaps someone who understands these things can explain the math behind the benefit of the lower additional revenue in Q1 vs a significantly higher return in Q2 o_O
Is it not going to be the first time that Performance variant are made at Giga Shanghai? When Shanghai first opened I thought they were only doing SR+ and the LR and Performance were still imported?

Does this point to potential further delays or uncertainty about production capability there?

EDIT: Seems performance variances were approved for production very recently. Had already been producing SR+ and LR variants:
Tesla Model 3 Performance registered in China for Giga Shanghai production

I'm not pretending to understand this either, but from what I've read Tesla do seem to have a very strong / short term focus on their quarterly sales figures.

I would also be interested to know the relative profit margins between LR and P, but I presume there aren't many privy to those details!

Speculation is that this is being done to increase Q1 sales volumes (with all M3P's being delivered in Q2).

... guess Tesla will worry about Q2 sales volumes when they get there!
Ah, yes, that would make sense. Tesla chase end of quarter targets like a demon possessed. When I had my car delivered the guy (who wasn’t employed by Tesla) told me that they had been reaching out to every delivery company they could to get cars handed over, whatever the cost.

Had another missed call from Tesla today (following a first missed call over the weekend) so decided to call back.

I too was asked if I wanted to downgrade to an LR for a Q1 delivery, although no offer of boost/spoiler. I politely declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.