Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had more luck with 'Emma' today and I've had my VIN confirmed and estimated end of June delivery 😁

I feel incredibly jammy since I ordered the vehicle 4 days ago, whereas a lot of you have been waiting since December 😬 Happy you're all finally making progress though.
Great news for everyone getting confirmations through!! The ship is just passing Kuala Lumpur so making slow but steady progress towards its final destination 😁

On a slight tangent - anyone thinking of getting wheel and tyre insurance and if so any recommendations?

Exciting times ahead for us all 😀

I GOTTA TEXT! 🥳🥳🥳

Attachments

• B8D81A3A-39D5-4A04-AE59-29324AD25736.jpeg
    B8D81A3A-39D5-4A04-AE59-29324AD25736.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 56
Anyone thought about delaying it to the point where you get improved tech and revised cabin tweaks etc? 🤔
How would you even know what they would be or when they would appear?

As a general rule, if you're going to be fretting about new developments you should definitely think about whether you'll be happy buying one. The car will be continually changed and tweaked.

Reactions: Jez_GB and Die5el
Anyone thought about delaying it to the point where you get improved tech and revised cabin tweaks etc? 🤔
As others have said, it doesn't really matter how long you wait as there will always be a newer model just around the corner and that is true whatever car you buy, not just with Tesla.

The benefit we do get with Tesla however is that 'improvements' are continuously received during ownership via OTA updates. These updates aren't just all about what you see on the screen. Sometimes they also make better use of the hardware to yield things like improved performance or range.... and also hopefully better management of the heat pump in cold weather and at low states of charge conditions! 🙏

Reactions: Jez_GB
Frankly I was quite impressed with Munro Live when he did his teardown of the 2021 M3 SR+. He was very impressed with the engineering, and noted a huge improvement generally.

The bit that sold me was the continual part improvement on the HVAC and the one line he uttered 'Well this is just like a BMW. But faster.' !

Reactions: Jez_GB
Status
Not open for further replies.