Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ship tracking experts know where HYPERION RAY is? It’s not updated on my tracker for 9 days?
In an area where she doesnt want to be tracked by pirates. The threat to shipping off the Somali coast is significant and high value cargo even more so. Given her recent history the operators are likely in a state of hyper vigilance and this will be a resulting precaution.

Vehicle carriers are better than most container vessels in terms of the scale of vertical steel wall needed to be climbed to get onboard which helps protect from the random guys with AK47’s and fishing boats but they are still at risk form more sophisticated attacks, larger weapons and helicopter boarding.

We probably wont get much info until she reaches the relative comfort of Suez Anchorage on Sunday.

Just keep following @Mr Miserable Shipping Thread, that will keep you right.

Reactions: Jez_GB and gil.i.am
Any ship tracking experts know where HYPERION RAY is? It’s not updated on my tracker for 9 days?

Reactions: Hanchurch
Dont know if its just me not opening the app for a while. But I just opened the app and a picture of my Model 3 has appeared.
Nothing else, but a picture is the first change to the app since it downloaded it in December. I have a Vin and a pickup date but no registration and no docs signed.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-05-28 at 2.58.23 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-28 at 2.58.23 PM.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 56
I'm in the same position as you - after a set of personalised plates to be made up with the green flash. I was told to email delivery gb with a copy of the V778 retention certificate and they would forward on to the local SC (Birmingham in my case) who would make up the plates and then they would be in the boot ready on collection day. They did say you have to pay the charge however (think it's £30 odd plus VAT) and the SC are supposed to draft up an invoice for this. I emailed last week and no response yet so I'd better chase them later!
Just picked mine up today and no charge. Manchester SC

Whine time!
I think we’d all broadly agree that Tesla comms are unreliable and unpredictable at the best of times, but the biggest irks are the written or spoken mistruths.

Most of this is likely driven by the volume of us ringing / chatting to try and obtain information that frankly should be free flowing - at a minimum put up a FAQ to set expectations.

Getting a VIN was bad enough although in hindsight this told me nothing more than I had an allocation, but now I find myself hankering after a registration (my OCD wants to finalise the insurance) - was told LATEST yesterday on the phone - nothing.

There is also a lack of comms for the finance - you pay the down payment and email deliverygb and they just ignore you - not even a ‘thanks for letting us know’ - it’s frankly appalling CS.

Lots of vagueness around the finance forms too - I’ve had it’s enroute, you sign 10 days before and you sign on the day 🤬🤬🤬🤬

No other manufacturer would get away with this and as great an anticipation it is for the car, these things irritate.

Tesla needs to pull their socks up with such things - WE shouldn’t be doing any of this chasing lark, it should be a constant dribble of info.

If I wasn’t so excited and if it was another manufacturer, I’d have likely middle fingered the whole deal by now, but alas I have 3 more weeks of guessing before (assuming it doesn’t change or worse the car is a Friday pig) the beauty arrives.

It doesn’t make any of this right (the car) and Musk needs to spend a little more on process as opposed sensationalism headlines via Twatter!

And relax, I actually feel a little better - thanks for reading my whinge 😂😂

I have never received a reg plate for a car any more than 5 days before delivery and never before the car was in the country.

I don’t think that’s a Tesla problem, I think it’s an unrealistic expectation.

As I have mentioned other times on here sales communications from other brands are also poor just now. My mates ongoing saga with his Macan is it’s now built and due into Grimsby on 8th June and he still hasn’t had a confirmed spec sheet, order form, finance quote or had a credit check and he ordered before Christmas, he heard nothing at all until he chased it in May.

He waits days for a response to an email and gets nothing official even when they do reply. So how exactly is the Tesla system worse than that?

So it seems that the 21-day insurance quote 'sweet-spot' is not a hard and fast rule!

With my M3P collection scheduled for 17th June, yesterday was supposed to be the sweet spot for securing my best insurance quote. Fortunately I got curious last week and decided to request several quotes for comparison purposes.

To cut to the chase, my best quote last week (28 days before collection) was with Admiral at £393, Fully Comp. for 10,000 miles per-anum with £750 Excess (£250 voluntary) with added Motor Legal Protection and protected NCD. To provide some context, I am in my low/mid 40's with 18 years NCD and live in Gloucestershire.

Needless to say I was dead chuffed with that (nearly fell of my chair!) given I was being quoted around £800 around a year ago when I first started looking at Tesla. It's only ~£70 pound more than I was paying for my Mercedes A220d before I sold it a couple of weeks ago!

I was therefore eagerly awaiting even better quotes yesterday at the 21 day sweet spot. Well, the best I could do yesterday was with LV at around £460 for similar cover. Admiral are now quoting ~£500!

Pleased the 28 day Admiral quote remains valid for collection day! :cool:

I already have the reminder in my calendar for next year to start getting renewal quotes at -28 days!
My insurance broker told me today that he was unable to get any commercially acceptable offers for insuring my new car. He said the use of business and 35k miles a year meant he had offers which would be insulting. He also said that any parts for repairs were not readily available, and that pushed premiums up. He did suggest I went to the online market. At first I thought a M3P might be commercially uninsurable for high mileage business users. That was until I called Direct Line who offered a policy for £830 which I think is a bargain.

I have never received a reg plate for a car any more than 5 days before delivery and never before the car was in the country.

I don’t think that’s a Tesla problem, I think it’s an unrealistic expectation.

As I have mentioned other times on here sales communications from other brands are also poor just now. My mates ongoing saga with his Macan is it’s now built and due into Grimsby on 8th June and he still hasn’t had a confirmed spec sheet, order form, finance quote or had a credit check and he ordered before Christmas, he heard nothing at all until he chased it in May.

He waits days for a response to an email and gets nothing official even when they do reply. So how exactly is the Tesla system worse than that?
It’s only unrealistic if you are categorically advised as such - something, as we have seen on here, is not the case. I’ve had plates up to 10-15 days in advance from BMW, Land Rover and even Skoda, so it is a Tesla problem.

As stated, a simple FAQ or at least some regularity instead of what is patchy misinformation for some would negate.

In terms of ‘paperwork’ - I can’t think of an instance when I’ve bought over the tinternet where all was done (sometimes up to 2/3 weeks before delivery) - if local all emailed well in advance for signatories.

Hopefully Porsche WTFU and your friend gets sorted, just as I hope Tesla do for those of us who are hanging.

It’s only unrealistic if you are categorically advised as such - something, as we have seen on here, is not the case. I’ve had plates up to 10-15 days in advance from BMW, Land Rover and even Skoda, so it is a Tesla problem.

As stated, a simple FAQ or at least some regularity instead of what is patchy misinformation for some would negate.

In terms of ‘paperwork’ - I can’t think of an instance when I’ve bought over the tinternet where all was done (sometimes up to 2/3 weeks before delivery) - if local all emailed well in advance for signatories.

Hopefully Porsche WTFU and your friend gets sorted, just as I hope Tesla do for those of us who are hanging.
Even if it was 10 days as in your own example that’s still 2 weeks away for most people, this is a much more valid conversation at that stage than now when most people are 21-28 days out.

In my experience other than a credit check when sat at the sales guys desk it’s always been a flurry of activity in the last 7 days.

Im enjoying the hands off, buying an iPad type approach but I have got a really good sales adviser, anything I need he answers as best he can and if he can’t he explains the process. Couple that with the tracking and assistance on here and I have more information on the delivery of this motor than I have ever had in the past.

Reactions: G00NERJ
Yes I've also noticed that on mine. Wonder if it's anything to do with the changes to the referral scheme mentioned on another thread?
Yeah, mines also vanished! I’m hoping it’s not meaning the miles I earned are gone too… despite me not having a Tesla yet I managed to get two people to buy M3LRs in inventory, who are already driving around on the miles I gave them in cars I recommended… insult to injury would be if I don’t get the free miles!! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.