Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the “We are confirming your home delivery... watch some videos” text today.

Not sure I can sit through another model 3 video!
I was just thinking that this morning as I reviewed the countless M3 / M3P / Tesla update videos my YouTube account has… I don’t think anyone has mentioned model 3 on YouTube without me watching them, most of the time thinking, I know this already, but I’ll watch anyway just in case… but alas, I knew that already and I’ve wasted another 10 min of my life… next video, I know this…

But shall we play our favourite soon to be Tesla owner game? Guessing what we’ll get?

Too things I DONT know yet:
- I wonder if version 11 software will release before we get them since rumour has it (which is all you get with Tesla apparently) it is installed on the plaids, now releasing on the 10th!
- Will we get lowered suspension!?!? This has been bugging me so much, it seems they’ve been forgetting to lower the performance ones lately, can I argue this if it’s not!?
- New battery packs, what we getting?! Will they charge faster than other MIC Tesla’s? Will they, as I suspect, be carbon copies of the US performance battery packs?
- How the hell do I pay for my Tesla!? They asked me to pay on the text I got… HOW!!! 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB
I was just thinking that this morning as I reviewed the countless M3 / M3P / Tesla update videos my YouTube account has… I don’t think anyone has mentioned model 3 on YouTube without me watching them, most of the time thinking, I know this already, but I’ll watch anyway just in case… but alas, I knew that already and I’ve wasted another 10 min of my life… next video, I know this…

But shall we play our favourite soon to be Tesla owner game? Guessing what we’ll get?

Too things I DONT know yet:
- I wonder if version 11 software will release before we get them since rumour has it (which is all you get with Tesla apparently) it is installed on the plaids, now releasing on the 10th!
- Will we get lowered suspension!?!? This has been bugging me so much, it seems they’ve been forgetting to lower the performance ones lately, can I argue this if it’s not!?
- New battery packs, what we getting?! Will they charge faster than other MIC Tesla’s? Will they, as I suspect, be carbon copies of the US performance battery packs?
- How the hell do I pay for my Tesla!? They asked me to pay on the text I got… HOW!!! 😂
Didn’t you know, the real company name is Guessla😂

There was never much in it. A cm perhaps?
Yeah I know… I think the pre refresh we’re 18mm lowered as far as I can tell. I’m not going to cry about it if it’s not, but if you look at the online depiction of the M3P from the shop, it’s body hugs the rims, makes it look much sleeker. The 2021 M3Ps I’ve seen online look lifted, you can see the springs. Frankly it would be more comfortable, probably nicer as a daily drive, but I’m looking to replace a sports car. Like I said, not a big deal, but it’s bugging me, as I test drove a pre refresh and loved the dynamics. I’m worried it will be impacted and not look or feel as slick. I’ll still love it, it will still be glorious regardless, but will it be as advertised? Don’t know, and that’s my problem 😂

Reactions: Jez_GB and rgfsr

Model Ys (and 3s) being delivered in the States without passenger lumbar support. People speculating due to chip shortage.

I just checked the ordering page for a M3P and it just says “Power adjustable front seats” instead of “12 way adjustable front seats” 😓

Fingers crossed you guys get it on your cars before the cutoff. Might be worth kicking off to Tesla if you don’t.

On the 18th I'm not only getting my new Tesla, but now, also moving into my new house!! Going to be a hell of a day!! Been waiting months for both (Tesla longer!!) but they both happened on the same day, exactly one year before I get married!! Spooky!! Makes it harder to plan things like wall connectors, but hoping it doesn't take too long to sort!
Congratulations on both!! Charge Point installation booked in for the new place!?

Model Ys (and 3s) being delivered in the States without passenger lumbar support. People speculating due to chip shortage.

I just checked the ordering page for a M3P and it just says “Power adjustable front seats” instead of “12 way adjustable front seats” 😓

Fingers crossed you guys get it on your cars before the cutoff. Might be worth kicking off to Tesla if you don’t.
Wonder what the owners manual says, the M3 owners manual on the website still shows it 👍

Congratulations on both!! Charge Point installation booked in for the new place!?
I keep going through the booking process and bailing at the last moment, I've got a bit of a dilemma I've been debating on another channel, its a real first world problem, but not sure what to do. I've bought an Audi etron 55 Vorsprung too (the other half NEEDED an SUV and I refused to buy another ICE :rolleyes:) but the good news is that comes with a "free" POD charger with that model. The Etron keeps changing delivery date from July to September and back again so no idea when that will actually happen. But I'm wondering if I go ahead and install a charge outlet for the Tesla and let Audi install the second one for "Free" with no house to actually look at and inform the installers of how viable it is, I'm dragging my feet a bit, but after all the research I'm going to go ahead and book it in. I think two chargers will be handy once (IF) things go back to normal and since one is "free", I'm not spending any more money than I would have done anyway! So yeah, I've convinced myself whilst writing this... I'm going for it!! haha.

An unexpected result from Tesla chat this morning. I’ve not heard a thing via text or anything, but I have signed all my finance docs through my lease company.

Went onto chat and the guy not only confirmed my reg plate he said they’ll deliver my car to my home on 17th June! Quite surprised by that as I’d chosen Leeds originally and was expecting it to be shifted to Manchester Trafford Centre but he said home delivery was possible for the 17th. An unexpected bank holiday result! Now to organise my insurance.

I keep going through the booking process and bailing at the last moment, I've got a bit of a dilemma I've been debating on another channel, its a real first world problem, but not sure what to do. I've bought an Audi etron 55 Vorsprung too (the other half NEEDED an SUV and I refused to buy another ICE :rolleyes:) but the good news is that comes with a "free" POD charger with that model. The Etron keeps changing delivery date from July to September and back again so no idea when that will actually happen. But I'm wondering if I go ahead and install a charge outlet for the Tesla and let Audi install the second one for "Free" with no house to actually look at and inform the installers of how viable it is, I'm dragging my feet a bit, but after all the research I'm going to go ahead and book it in. I think two chargers will be handy once (IF) things go back to normal and since one is "free", I'm not spending any more money than I would have done anyway! So yeah, I've convinced myself whilst writing this... I'm going for it!! haha.
We have two house chargers. One for my upcoming M3P and one for my wife's plug in hybrid. Go for two chargers.

Reactions: corbett666
For balance, we have two EVs in the house (both model 3), and only a single chargepoint. I can't think of a single time in 12 months of dual ownership that we would have needed two. I appreciate it does depend on what vehicles you own and what your driving profiles are though.

Although one of your points may be "free" - there will be an impact of two charge points in terms of increased electrical load, complexity of install and extra trailing cables making a mess :)

Reactions: corbett666
Status
Not open for further replies.