Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point is we should be using the established Q2 delivery thread, It’s a valid point.

Yes we will have some specific discussion points like battery performance etc but it’s largely the same car as everyone else’s with common issues and positives to share with the whole community.

I have been following this thread with interest for a while but it’s definitely true to say the main waiting room is pretty much identical and some posts are actually identical in both places.

Well said @VanillaAir_UK.

Up to now this has has been a very well balanced part of the forum with a group of friendly, helpful owners of all variants of Models S, X & 3 and I for one have learned a lot and appreciated the input of all without any of the elitist undertones appearing here. I also don't see merit in having yet another 'picture your M3 thread' with dozens of photos of identical cars in all but colour.

I'm sure nobody wants to dampen the natural enthusiasm of a group of anxious new owners forced to undergo a longer than normal wait combined with concerns about battery performance. All of that is understandable but perhaps not the apparent desire to break off into a closed sub-group (although I trust that it's unintentional).
I can assure you I’m far from elitist !! Please dont judge me for trying to set up a thread !! If you read the title of this thread you will notice it’s says model 3 Performance waiting room nothing to do with any other Tesla model. I’m assuming if I want do talk about other models and issues I will join the thread of that model and that conversation

Reactions: Jez_GB
I can assure you I’m far from elitist !! Please dont judge me for trying to set up a thread !! If you read the title of this thread you will notice it’s says model 3 Performance waiting room nothing to do with any other Tesla model. I’m assuming if I want do talk about other models and issues I will join the thread of that model and that conversation
No personal slur intended so apologies if that's how it looks (I know you've owned an SR+ and spoke glowingly about all Model 3s but it was the way the thread seemed to change in tone around the time the battery issue was being heavily debated).

I used the word 'elitist' because I recalled comments from others part way through which I thought were heading that way ie....

"All these LR customers cling to reviews which help them justify why they went cheap... That’s absolutely fine - but I wanted the best, and that’s what we are getting...I didn’t want to go cheap and go 2nd best..."

None of these cars are 'cheap' and words like 'best' are very subjective because we all have different criteria for what we consider ideal. All Model 3s have far more in common than their differences and I'm sure this forum strives to be an inclusive community.

Reactions: Durzel and Jez_GB
I think the point is we should be using the established Q2 delivery thread, It’s a valid point.

Yes we will have some specific discussion points like battery performance etc but it’s largely the same car as everyone else’s with common issues and positives to share with the whole community.

I have been following this thread with interest for a while but it’s definitely true to say the main waiting room is pretty much identical and some posts are actually identical in both places.

Many of us have been posting in both threads, perhaps it does make sense to merge this ‘sub’ thread with the main Q2 delivery thread, it would certainly make it easier to follow!

I would hope any apparent ‘elitist’ comments were made tongue in cheek, and in response to a similarly aimed jibe. I too noticed a change in tone around the battery revelations, some of this was perhaps frustration, I don’t condone such displays, but I can sympathise.

Perhaps I am being naive, or apologist, but I believe the vast majority here feel part of the wider community!

Last edited:
Now that the M3Ps are nearly here this thread will naturally dwindle away anyway. It was just a unique situation where all our cars were delayed by about 6 months and we had to talk about it.

Funnily enough I don’t think I’ve ever looked at a thread outside the UK and Ireland forum, so I agree this is a major sub forum.

On topic slightly, has anyone ever noticed when you’re on the order page on the Tesla website and you’re configuring your car, when you choose the Performance and get to the wheels bit with the uberturbines the tyres are marked as 19”? I know it’s only a render so not real but I thought it was odd.
I only spotted that as I thought it was already odd that we’d been switched to Pirelli tyres which are regarded by some as a downgrade to the previous Michelins (which has been talked about for months and months I know but I was bored and looking for something to do)

Reactions: MrBadger
No personal slur intended so apologies if that's how it looks (I know you've owned an SR+ and spoke glowingly about all Model 3s but it was the way the thread seemed to change in tone around the time the battery issue was being heavily debated).

I used the word 'elitist' because I recalled comments from others part way through which I thought were heading that way ie....

"All these LR customers cling to reviews which help them justify why they went cheap... That’s absolutely fine - but I wanted the best, and that’s what we are getting...I didn’t want to go cheap and go 2nd best..."

None of these cars are 'cheap' and words like 'best' are very subjective because we all have different criteria for what we consider ideal. All Model 3s have far more in common than their differences and I'm sure this forum strives to be an inclusive community.
Thank you for your response, you are right I haved loved everything about my SR+ ( Mavis) she has served me well and I will miss her when I change her in for Gladys( performance) I for one as I’m sure you have seen, aren’t concerned about potential battery issues and heve never posted a comment about cheapness of models as I I own one.

The event on the 10th of July at Grantham was set up,as all the regular contributors thought it would be a great idea to actually meet each other in person and share stories face to face. Anyone who would like to attend please check the meeting thread and confirm your attendance.

This offer goes out fo everyone and your families even if you just love Tesla’s and want to turn up on a bike. The reason we are on this forum is because we love Tesla’s so let’s get behind each other and start to look forward, as more model 3’s get delivered.

Now that the M3Ps are nearly here this thread will naturally dwindle away anyway. It was just a unique situation where all our cars were delayed by about 6 months and we had to talk about it.

Funnily enough I don’t think I’ve ever looked at a thread outside the UK and Ireland forum, so I agree this is a major sub forum.

On topic slightly, has anyone ever noticed when you’re on the order page on the Tesla website and you’re configuring your car, when you choose the Performance and get to the wheels bit with the uberturbines the tyres are marked as 19”? I know it’s only a render so not real but I thought it was odd.
I only spotted that as I thought it was already odd that we’d been switched to Pirelli tyres which are regarded by some as a downgrade to the previous Michelins (which has been talked about for months and months I know but I was bored and looking for something to do
I agree, and I think a lot of people joined this forum having not really ever joined forums before, purely because there was a void in information and mass googling lead them here and its a whole new world (Me) I will continue to contribute outside of this thread once it dies and I'm glad this introduced me to the great environment of forums, but apologies @VanillaAir_UK as I know I'm guilty of accessories and charging point discussions starting up here. I'm getting better now :)

As for the wheels... I HAD NOT NOTICED THAT!! haha! I'd guess its more of a "We have a picture of a tire and no one will notice" type situation. The wheels scale up and are also showing 19s on the 18 inch airo's!! Love your attention to detail though, I feel you in your quest for knowledge, I'm looking at everything so much more!! haha

Reactions: Jez_GB and PSmigg
There is a new thread started in anticipation of all the new performance deliveries/ collections starting soon. I did it incase we were told off by the moderator as once delivery was received we wouldn’t be “waiting”anymore the new thread is called

Model 3 performance 2021 collection/ delivery Q2 experience

The only reason I set the thread up was in anticipation of you challenging individuals on posting posts about delivery / collections when the performance arrives. If you are saying it’s ok to use this thread then I’m more than happy for you to delete the thread that was set up ( I’m not sure how to) I didnt realise there were set criteria’s when setting threads up

The existing Q2 deliveries thread is UK 2021 Model 3 Q2 collection and delivery experiences - they don't normally get started as a deliveries thread, but are created from a composite of delivery experiences posted by others. In this quarter, @OddJob83 got pride of place as first to post of their delivery experience. Most of the other posts got moved into it from other places. It just helps each quarters delivery experiences together for others to see and quarterly fits nicely in the Tesla time frames - each of which can be a different set of circumstances from the previous quarter.

I can't see your 'Model 3 performance 2021 collection/ delivery Q2 experience' thread anywhere here - so cannot help with deleting. Maybe point me in the right direction and I will see what I can do.

As for "was in anticipation of you challenging individuals", I am surprised you say that as I try and post guidance in threads. The only challenging that goes on is after the guidance has been repeatedly ignored or individuals go public that they have not had an instant response from a moderator as to why their post has been moderated or are they not happy with why their post has been moderated. Moderation of posts can sometimes take a while to resolve (sometimes it needs action or guidance from others which can take considerable time) and occasionally posts are removed from public view (to prevent questionable posts from perpetuating other similar posts) for later final moderation. Even the most simple of moderation tasks such as a post move are often not an atomic moderation task - it is very frequent that quick fingered posters post follow up, repost the same, or even question a moderation process when it is part way through being performed. hth

Absolutely. In the same way that other waiting room threads sprung up when certain models or options were delayed. Now that the Performance is back, I would think that most of the discussions would fit in the Wiki - UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries thread or in main sub forum topics. With what's going on with Model S, I am surprised that one hasn't sprung up about that. Likewise, Roadster and Cybertruck.

Reactions: Jez_GB
The existing Q2 deliveries thread is UK 2021 Model 3 Q2 collection and delivery experiences - they don't normally get started as a deliveries thread, but are created from a composite of delivery experiences posted by others. In this quarter, @OddJob83 got pride of place as first to post of their delivery experience. Most of the other posts got moved into it from other places. It just helps each quarters delivery experiences together for others to see and quarterly fits nicely in the Tesla time frames - each of which can be a different set of circumstances from the previous quarter.

I can't see your 'Model 3 performance 2021 collection/ delivery Q2 experience' thread anywhere here - so cannot help with deleting. Maybe point me in the right direction and I will see what I can do.

As for "was in anticipation of you challenging individuals", I am surprised you say that as I try and post guidance in threads. The only challenging that goes on is after the guidance has been repeatedly ignored or individuals go public that they have not had an instant response from a moderator as to why their post has been moderated or are they not happy with why their post has been moderated. Moderation of posts can sometimes take a while to resolve (sometimes it needs action or guidance from others which can take considerable time) and occasionally posts are removed from public view (to prevent questionable posts from perpetuating other similar posts) for later final moderation. Even the most simple of moderation tasks such as a post move are often not an atomic moderation task - it is very frequent that quick fingered posters post follow up, repost the same, or even question a moderation process when it is part way through being performed. hth

Absolutely. In the same way that other waiting room threads sprung up when certain models or options were delayed. Now that the Performance is back, I would think that most of the discussions would fit in the Wiki - UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries thread or in main sub forum topics. With what's going on with Model S, I am surprised that one hasn't sprung up about that. Likewise, Roadster and Cybertruck.
Thanks for the explanation here is a picture of the thread

Attachments

• 111C30DC-F947-45A7-A935-3B350A0D00A7.png
    111C30DC-F947-45A7-A935-3B350A0D00A7.png
    803.9 KB · Views: 82
Thanks for the explanation here is a picture of the thread
Ok. So thats in the global Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery forum. I can't help with that and I suspect now that its got some responses its not going to get deleted. Best you can ask for is to report it and ask for it to be moved here, then it can be handled as required. Otherwise, don your hard hat and hope you get a perfect car/handover to report or just leave it be and post your experiences in the existing UKI Q2 deliveries thread.

Reactions: Sunderland boy
My two-penneth's worth...

Firstly, I would like to thank @VanillaAir_UK and all other mods for the work they put into this forum for free! You all have my greatest respect.

I would also like to thank @2021 M3P for starting this thread and providing a space to converse with all others who have been patiently (and sometimes impatiently!) waiting for their Tesla for what feels like an eternity!

Whilst it is true that SR+, LR and P models are 95%+ the same (I made that number up!), I think its fair to say that there has been something unique, or at least unusual for all of us who have been waiting for the first batch of P's to come from Shanghai. There continues to be a number of unanswered questions about what we will actually be getting.

In retrospect i can see that more recently some of the conversation in this thread has more regularly strayed into generic areas (e.g. accessories, delivery/collection process etc.) as we have come closer to getting our cars. I think I am also guilty of making some recent contributions in this thread (e.g. insurance and delivery topics) that may have also benefited those waiting for SR+ or LR models and in hindsight should have been posted elsewhere

Personally, I havent felt any 'elitism' here. There has, on occasions, been over-defensiveness from some (including me!) when provoked (quite possibly unintentionally) by others who argue that we have made poor/unwise/foolish decisions to order a Performance model. Being new to forums I wasn't quite prepared for that so this place has also been helpful for me to grow some thicker skin!

I will make a best-endeavours effort moving forwards to discuss only MiC 2021 M3 Performance-specific subjects/speculation in this thread, up until I take delivery and am no longer waiting!

I look forward to being involved with all the other owner-related threads in a couple of weeks time! :cool:

13 more days to go !!!
I hope those of you who are picking your cars up first manage to tear yourselves away from them long enough to update us on here how they are!! :p

I couldn't get the 17th off, so will be living vicariously through you lucky few for a day until I get mine on the 18th!!

Did I see someone say they are getting theirs on the 16th??

I hope those of you who are picking your cars up first manage to tear yourselves away from them long enough to update us on here how they are!! :p

I couldn't get the 17th off, so will be living vicariously through you lucky few for a day until I get mine on the 18th!!

Did I see someone say they are getting theirs on the 16th??
My delivery date is 22nd June so the week after you all (very jealous) but cannot wait to see and hear all about our long awaited cars. I am boring myself now with all the you tube, facebook ans Tesla chats ;)

How have you done this what app have you used ? I would love to do this?
Thanks

This one is for PC, there are no doubt version available for IOS/Android

My delivery date is 22nd June so the week after you all (very jealous) but cannot wait to see and hear all about our long awaited cars. I am boring myself now with all the you tube, facebook ans Tesla chats ;)
Haha me too @SarahWalker72 I think I've literally watched every single video online and even read the user manual!! I've not learned anything new for the last 4 months, but I'm still doing it!!

How this incoming Tesla has changed me 🤣
Had to pop to John Lewis in Southampton earlier......coming back, I saw the Mayflower sign so couldn't resist......like a true Tesla stalker (saddo?) I found myself filming the cars as I drove past 🤩

Observationally, seems like they may have shifted from the terminal to the car park with portacabins......a few tatty (windswept) Tesla signs on the path and lots of movement from that car park as they seemingly move the cars.

• Love
Reactions: corbett666
I take it every one on here has had test drive /flight in one of these albeit the old model I'm curious what your previous cars were I never thought I'd part with mb e63 till a hour round camb (Feb 14 2020 ) with open mind had me hooked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.