Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Model S/X LHD Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Offered a test drive of LHD X/S next week. Pretty random, rural sort of location. Presumably they don’t want you to experience the joy of LHD in a town/city/motorway.
I would have thought that dealing with LHD on motorways or just following traffic in towns would be less challenging than a country road where you need to overtake slower traffic on a single carriageway.

Reactions: Js1977
Not sure if it would interest anyone but the BMW i5 has been announced today. As with most BMWs at the moment it’s been hit with the ugly stick, especially around the front. One thing that might be more tempting is that an i5 Touring is coming out next year.

The battery is disappointingly small on the I5, I was expecting at least a 100kwh option.

"Both i5 models feature an 81.2kWh lithium ion battery as standard. The eDrive40 offers a claimed range of between 296 and 362 miles, while the more powerful M60 xDrive delivers a claimed 283 to 321 miles of range."

Reactions: sam481
The battery is disappointingly small on the I5, I was expecting at least a 100kwh option.

"Both i5 models feature an 81.2kWh lithium ion battery as standard. The eDrive40 offers a claimed range of between 296 and 362 miles, while the more powerful M60 xDrive delivers a claimed 283 to 321 miles of range."

Its acceleration is also glacial compared to the Plaid and even Long Range Model S.

Those people are a minority.

No one in the UK is buying a Model S in either Plaid or long range form 😂

Most people want their i5 to get them from A to B in comfort and, especially in touring shape, to ferry the kids and the dog safely.

You keep projecting your own feelings and using absolute terms such as "no one", but you're flat out wrong. Some people are buying the Model S in the UK, even in LHD form. Because they're shifting out of inventory. There are also people who buy the Model 3 Performance for the... Performance. More specifically acceleration, which is superior to that of the BMW i5. The BMW i5 will suit some people well, but it is not directly equivalent to the Model S so it won't be a suitable alternative for everyone.

Reactions: Js1977 and pow216
You mean the same inventory that’s probably being shared with the rest of the continent?

Don’t know why you’re trying to explain why some people buy the performance version to me seeing as I own a M3P. Doesn’t change the fact me and people like me are in the minority when it comes to buying cars. Don’t believe me? Why don’t you compare how many SR cars are sold compared to the performance version.

Reactions: ringi and yessuz
You mean the same inventory that’s probably being shared with the rest of the continent?

Don’t know why you’re trying to explain why some people buy the performance version to me seeing as I own a M3P. Doesn’t change the fact me and people like me are in the minority when it comes to buying cars. Don’t believe me? Why don’t you compare how many SR cars are sold compared to the performance version.

You've dug yourself a hole by saying "no one" when you really mean a minority of people. They're not the same thing, at all. And the Model S doesn't just pop up in UK inventory and then disappear because they're shifting them to Europe, it's because they're actually selling them in the UK. Not saying they're shifting many, for reasons explored in this thread. But there are still some takers. I personally know somebody who purchased a nice Model S Plaid here in North East England for example.

Reactions: Js1977 and pow216
You've dug yourself a hole by saying "no one" when you really mean a minority of people. They're not the same thing, at all. And the Model S doesn't just pop up in UK inventory and then disappear because they're shifting them to Europe, it's because they're actually selling them in the UK. Not saying they're shifting many, for reasons explored in this thread. But there are still some takers. I personally know somebody who purchased a nice Model S Plaid here in North East England for example.
are they? Really? Selling them? LHD 120k cars in UK?! almost like hot buns, I suppose?
How many people buying 120k car without a finance?!

• Funny
How many people buying 120k car without a finance?!

No idea, but I've paid cash for all the cars that I have bought at around that price point ... and all the cheaper ones too

Unless finance is ridiculously cheap - like 0% - I'm not interested. Depreciating asset which is going to lose 50% of its value, I don't also want to pay a further 25% over 3-4 years for finance. And I most especially don't want to get hemmed in my the small-print constraints of the finance - like I can't dispose of it early, or I will do way more, or fewer, miles than I expected ... and so on.