Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Model S/X LHD Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was really looking forward to buying a used Plaid down the line. The Model S really does it all for me, first and foremost very fast (for me to enjoy), 3 good seats in the back for the near adult sized kids, loads of luggage space and with the towbar I can launch the boat with it. There aren't any other non SUV EV's that tick these boxes, especially the 3 proper back seats.

The Model S is expensive and it's unique. To some people that's priceless... You and Zilla could both do with a detox.
It would be unique if RHD due to market limitations. You will have flood of those LHD cars because you will have much larger pool of LHD cars available. it will be not as unique as RHD would be. therefore car value will tank much faster.

you can even import one from states right now...

Thanks for proving my points, guys. It's not for you and perhaps Tesla isn't - move on, plenty of people actually like or love these vehicles. You two just sit here, criticise (some valid, some not) without saying anything positive. You drag people down and create a toxic atmosphere. So why exactly are you here? To be disagreeable trolls by the looks of things.

How about I don't.

There's a middle ground between "true believer" and toxic critic. The constant barrage of negativity and the way you say things firmly places you in the latter camp. And for me probably the former, but in reality I'm some way between (closer to former) as some criticism here is warranted for sure. So you like the vehicle enough to keep it? Perhaps you should consider the tone and content of your posts so they appear more balanced rather than coming across as purely negative. I could say the same for me but the other way.

This said, I'm not personally happy with the lack of RHD Model S and X. The Model S was what drew me into Tesla in the first place. I still have great fondness for that vehicle and if I had infinite money (I don't) I'd probably buy a new Model S even in LHD form. I'd personally love to see a Plaid Model 3 as well, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Js1977
Thanks for proving my points, guys. It's not for you and perhaps Tesla isn't - move on, plenty of people actually like or love these vehicles. You two just sit here, criticise (some valid, some not) without saying anything positive. You drag people down and create a toxic atmosphere. So why exactly are you here? To be disagreeable trolls by the looks of things.
copium is strong with this one

as I understand - we are not allowed to criticise the stupidity and stupid decisions, correct? should we all bow to elon and suck or what?

1685004237352.png

well, since you disagree - then please feel free to bow and never ever question elon's decisions.

I am sane so i can make my own mind

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Js1977
You forgot the "in my opinion" bit to your sentence.

In my opinion, calling things out is not a "constant barrage of negativity". Maybe you just need thicker skin.

Sometimes it's not just what you say, it's the way that you say it. There's a difference between "calling things out" and what you do which is repeat the same negative points over and over. And will jump on any positive sentiment people try to share with a "but" or a sarcastic negative comment. This isn't just "my opinion", it's there for everyone to see when you reply to their posts. Most people are too polite or passive to say anything, which is understandable.

• Funny
Reactions: Js1977 and Zilla91
You might find it difficult to believe but people do purchase high value cars out of savings.

The Model S is expensive and it's unique. To some people that's priceless... You and Zilla could both do with a detox.

There's a middle ground between "true believer" and toxic critic. The constant barrage of negativity and the way you say things firmly places you in the latter camp. And for me probably the former, but in reality I'm some way between (closer to former) as some criticism here is warranted for sure. So you like the vehicle enough to keep it? Perhaps you should consider the tone and content of your posts so they appear more balanced rather than coming across as purely negative. I could say the same for me but the other way.

This said, I'm not personally happy with the lack of RHD Model S and X. The Model S was what drew me into Tesla in the first place.
I agree with these comments personally. I had planned to purchase a Plaid using cash - a decision made in Jan '21 which I would have stood by in '23 because no other EV matches its combination of range, space and acceleration.

OTOH I recognize that the demographic typically purchasing £100K+ GT cars are the old-at-heart, or women (genuinely not being misogynistic - just factual). They want conventionally luxurious interiors and familiar interfaces. Lots of Taycans, etrons and Mercs around.

But not me - I'm sticking with the MS Raven Performance. It may not have the top end of the Plaid or my ICE performance cars, but still is a nice party trick immediately off the line. Even more so than a Plaid actually, which has a gentler initial torque curve, I understand. And with a nicely adjusted adaptive suspension, 265/21 rears, chrome delete and the updated titanium interior touches does just fine for its road use. And it still has its elegant looks, unlike all the other awkward-looking EVs.;)

IMG_5827.jpeg