Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Model S/X LHD Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am one of those idiots with more money than sense, collected my S Plaid from Southampton on Thursday. Yoke steering great, LHD no problem at all, lovely ride and goes like stink. If you are sitting on the fence grow some and jump off! I think maybe I could do with upgrading with the ceramic brakes when and if they become available in the UK, just to be on the safe side.
Aye aye Mr Tickle doesn't have any issues using a maccies drive thru 😂😂

Included in the LHD purchase :)

FzeNqJLWwAEuUC5

Fz3qwz1X0AAqR4_.jpg:small

• Funny
Reactions: EVMeister
I am one of those idiots with more money than sense, collected my S Plaid from Southampton on Thursday. Yoke steering great, LHD no problem at all, lovely ride and goes like stink. If you are sitting on the fence grow some and jump off! I think maybe I could do with upgrading with the ceramic brakes when and if they become available in the UK, just to be on the safe side.
Model S is an aged curate's egg with the wheel on the correct side. Hope the honeymoon lasts.

Worth noting the @bonkers account was registered back in 2019, so nominative determination is clearly real :D

Almost insulting, total arrogance at best.

Not sure I agree. Recognising that anyone buying LHD in UK needs head examining, so why not provide a humorous joke as well - I would expect any passengers to be amused "Look: this came with it"

I remember first time flying (up the nose) on Virgin Atlantic. Lovely little salt and pepper pots came with the meal, in the guise of a plane with little feet and propellers on the front, I thought "Kids will love those" picked them up and embossed underneath the feet was "Nicked from Virgin Airways" ...

Its all marketing, at the end of the day.

I remember first time flying (up the nose) on Virgin Atlantic. Lovely little salt and pepper pots came with the meal, in the guise of a plane with little feet and propellers on the front, I thought "Kids will love those" picked them up and embossed underneath the feet was "Nicked from Virgin Airways" ...

I would imagine that for some it might be like being moved next to the toilets then given a complimentary nose peg. But I guess those would have got off and caught a different flight.

Oddly enough, since the Plaid cancellation announcement, I’ve been driving my MS Raven performance (with the 103.9 kWh plus battery, mind you) a lot harder. Normally, I leave the hooning to my other cars, and commute serenely with the MS.

I guess I’m compensating, but I have to say it’s still a blast - acceleration to 100 mph (in ”Mexico”, of course) in 6-ish seconds is not too shabby.

The Lotus Eletre is getting some stellar reviews right now as its hitting the press. Seems like this is the one to go for if you wanted a Model X and didn't need the extra seats.

Having lived in Norfolk and even done some work inside Lotus in the past. It brings a tear to my eye to see them hopefully make a comeback.
My local dealer has said they're getting a showroom model and a demonstrater next month. I'm definately going to have a look.

Tesla Bjoern's review with some objective numbers here. Unfortunately will not do it for me due to lack of range/efficiency (compared to a MS, not MX). I suspect the R version will be even poorer. Not surprising, I expect, given its proportions and weight. But certainly a lovely alternative to an aging X.

Last edited:
Just returned from an 8 day road trip in the S Plaid to the Baltic coast in Germany. Love the autobahns where you can give it some welly, much to the consternation of my missus. The car is a consummate autobahn cruiser, couldn't resist out-accelerating various Audi/Merc/BMWs. I really must grow up, but then I am only 77.
I started buying Tesla shares back in 2019 after acquiring my first Tesla, a Model 3 Performance, so it would have been churlish not to get the S Plaid.

Tesla Bjoern's review with some objective numbers here. Unfortunately will not do it for me due to lack of range/efficiency (compared to a MS, not MX). I suspect the R version will be even poorer. Not surprising, I expect, given its proportions and weight. But certainly a lovely alternative to an aging X.

Thanks for posting this and a good watch. I don't think I've ever seen anyone get so excited about raising a spoiler! Coming from a Raven S I'm slightly worried about the range but in truth I rarely use the full capacity anyway. Definately on the short list.