Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to my records the following price changes have occured for the Model Y:

Model Y | £51,990 --> £44,990 (-14.43%)
Model Y LR | £57,990 --> £52,990 (-8.62%)
Model Y Performance | £67,990 --> £59,990 (-11.77%)
It’s not that high in reality as they been offering 4k discount + super charger miles (~£1k) since December off book.

Reactions: ringi
I picked up my MY LR 1st September and with options I'm about £5K down or in real terms I could have got a MY Performance for same price - so annoying, but it could have gone the other way just as easily I suppose.
What would be nice, would be some free super charging miles or even better, something that would cost Tels nothing like free enhance auto pilot or acceleration boost to take the sting out of it.

Reactions: linkinruss
what has annoyed me most is not just the prices dropped, it’s that I was called up and told I had to pick up by 12th jan to get the super discount once in a lifetime offer. Next day boom… feels like been had by a salesperson…

On phone to Tesla now and no one in the Uk knew till their team morning this morning and they are not sure what to do lol
If its a private sale you could return it under the distance selling regs you have 14 days.....

Reactions: Lleo and H43lio
So the prices have returned to close to what they were Q4 2021 then ? Mine was around £51-£52 k for my M3 LR at that time
I'm trying to remember the lowest base price for Tesla M3 SR. I think it was certainly £38k, maybe even £37k. I bought at £40k 2020 and then we seen £42k, £43k 2021, £45k and £48k 2022 IIRC. So yeah, seems about a return to 2021 prices roughly.

Reactions: ringi
I picked up my MY LR 1st September and with options I'm about £5K down or in real terms I could have got a MY Performance for same price - so annoying, but it could have gone the other way just as easily I suppose.
What would be nice, would be some free super charging miles or even better, something that would cost Tels nothing like free enhance auto pilot or acceleration boost to take the sting out of it.
You picked up in September but paid the full £57990? most people collecting in September ordered before the July price rise. There was a massive backlog then. I collected in September but only paid a base price of £54990 so this is only a 2k reduction based on what I paid.
p.s. don't hold your breath

Reactions: Rooster6655
I'm trying to remember the lowest base price for Tesla M3 SR. I think it was certainly £38k, maybe even £37k. I bought at £40k 2020 and then we seen £42k, £43k 2021, £45k and £48k 2022 IIRC. So yeah, seems about a return to 2021 prices roughly.
to be fair though that included the £3500 govt grant. I don't think the base price excluding grant was ever under £40K
I think it was initially about £40,500 -£3500 grant so you paid £37000

Any advice for a Tesla newbie?

Agreed to buy a nearly new Tesla from a dealer just before these price cuts to be delivered (roughly 6months old, low mileage, Parkin sensors, enhanced auto pilot) that was initially an £11k saving!

This price cut makes it now a £6k saving (or £3k without the enhanced auto pilot which I wasn’t initially thinking of taking!)

Are the parking sensors the same as USS?
Would I be better off sticking with a new car order?

So many things have come up in the space of 24 hours!

Any advice for a Tesla newbie?

Agreed to buy a nearly new Tesla from a dealer just before these price cuts to be delivered (roughly 6months old, low mileage, Parkin sensors, enhanced auto pilot) that was initially an £11k saving!

This price cut makes it now a £6k saving (or £3k without the enhanced auto pilot which I wasn’t initially thinking of taking!)

Are the parking sensors the same as USS?
Would I be better off sticking with a new car order?

So many things have come up in the space of 24 hours!
Post the model and spec of the car to give a better idea

So, Tesla have significantly dropped their price. Look I'm a new Tesla owner. Previously I've driven lots of other ICE cars. Ive never experienced 10k drop in less than 6 weeks of ownership.

I was gong to buy the car in Jan because of possible discounts, but I was shown a YouTube video by someone in Tesla showroom showing Elon says we dont do discounts. on that basis I placed the order.

Surly this has been miss-sold with significant discounts 6 weeks later?

Whats your views on doing a money claim and see where it leads to?

My views are why do we need s separate thread when we’ve already got at least 2 on the go on the same subject…

If you’ve only ordered and not taken delivery then you’ll get the price cut anyway.

Quite aside from that, however, is that a money claim would go exactly nowhere. Tesla don’t owe you anything more than what you agreed to buy at the price specified. They don’t owe you residual value, etc. Mass produced cars aren’t investments, and if you’re not selling then that unrealised loss is irrelevant.