Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So these are cars that have been registered the previous month but wasn't collected by anyone? So pre reg to tesla? My last car it was pre reg to dealer but got 3k discount.
That’s possibly a very small proportion as I’d imagine the vast majority of people go through with collection, but possibly some yes. More likely are cancelled orders within the first 7 days or 100 miles or ’used’ with limited mileage in some other way. The cynic in me also thinks that some might be ex-demo or staff cars which have had the odometer reset but maybe that’s just me…

That’s possibly a very small proportion as I’d imagine the vast majority of people go through with collection, but possibly some yes. More likely are cancelled orders within the first 7 days or 100 miles or ’used’ with limited mileage in some other way. The cynic in me also thinks that some might be ex-demo or staff cars which have had the odometer reset but maybe that’s just me…
There are far too many cars in inventory with <50 miles for them to be all be returned/cancelled orders. They are more likely just cars that have been built & shipped with no order to match them against. Tesla don't build cars to order, they just build a bunch of each spec & colour then ship them, assuming someone will place an order for that combination at some point by the time they arrive on the ship. If not, they go into inventory & stay there until someone buys them.

This time last year there were quite literally no cars in inventory at all on some days, then a few would pop up at a time & be bought up very quickly. When I got mine it was the only M3LR left in inventory.

It'll be interesting to see how things change when Berlin RHD production gets ramped.

Currently in month 1 of a quarter you can't get a new Tesla for love or money.
In month 3 they are desperately trying to shift a whole load of them.

When things are 'smoothed out' I wonder how prices will adjust?

Also, Tesla does really need to think about pulling demand 'levers' other than just price. It is amazing how many people (who could easily afford them) know next to nothing about them. My Dad gave his Range Rover driving friend a lift yesterday, his first ride in any electric car. He had barely heard of Tesla and was amazed by the experience.

Reactions: Ricecooker
That’s possibly a very small proportion as I’d imagine the vast majority of people go through with collection, but possibly some yes. More likely are cancelled orders within the first 7 days or 100 miles or ’used’ with limited mileage in some other way. The cynic in me also thinks that some might be ex-demo or staff cars which have had the odometer reset but maybe that’s just me
Yes thats just you.

If you buy new inventory <50 miles you are getting the same as any new order, bar that someone might have rejected the car on collection for no USS or other quibble. Your acceptance invoice when you collect an ordered car also says <50 miles.

Yes thats just you.

If you buy new inventory <50 miles you are getting the same as any new order, bar that someone might have rejected the car on collection for no USS or other quibble. Your acceptance invoice when you collect an ordered car also says <50 miles.
Not just "uncollected" cars, now that Tesla is producing more cars than it can sell.

Any source for that? They seem to be selling all that they can produce and there are waiting lists (including me).
As others have said, check the inventory and try and see if there is a match for your order that you can transfer to. Tesla won't automatically match you unless they are after figures since your order is already "in the bag" and they rather use the cancellations and whatever they have over produced to fill the boat as extra revenue... They have more recently announced another gigafactory for Mexico so I suppose they must need more output :)

As others have said, check the inventory and try and see if there is a match for your order that you can transfer to. Tesla won't automatically match you unless they are after figures since your order is already "in the bag" and they rather use the cancellations and whatever they have over produced to fill the boat as extra revenue... They have more recently announced another gigafactory for Mexico so I suppose they must need more output :)
Hard to second guess but still need to finally make CT, possibly even the vapourware roadster and tractor units and very likely close down Fremont as a snub to California. Then knock out the promised 'cheap' model 2.... All with cheaper labour..

Reactions: CWT3LR
Hard to second guess but still need to finally make CT, possibly even the vapourware roadster and tractor units and very likely close down Fremont as a snub to California. Then knock out the promised 'cheap' model 2.... All with cheaper labour..
Wouldn't be surprised if they did close Fremont since this isn't a bespoke built factory for Teslas needs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Germany has a limited lifespan. What with his huge love of trade unions, worker protections, environmental watchdogs and the like, I can't see it surviving the shift to cheaper labour jurisdictions.

Reactions: aldo286
If so, this would mean them adopting similar strategies to those used by global corporates for decades to manufacture just about everything we use, wear and, to some extent drive in the lowest cost location.
🤔Oh yes, my Tesla was made in China. Is Mexico cheaper than China?