Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk specific] Software 2023.32

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That part looks like it is classified as "Motorway Link" on OpenStreetMap, the designation for On/Off ramps, so there is a possibility it hits the parts of the code that treat it like an offramp. Probably be fixed in FSDBeta ;)
yeah... once the single stack will be enabled in UK. it will re-use the neuro networks and it also will make the Ai and will replace parking sensors.. probably "by the end of the year" ™

I'm not sure I believe in it anyway.. for exactly that reason. Road conditions change constantly.. there's no way to say what an 'average' speed for a road is, and why would that matter anyway? The speed limit and the prevailing conditions are what matter.

This is the same Tesla that won't slow down for steep corners and has to abort. If 'fleet speed' was a thing it wouldn't have that problem.

I suspect they just classified all junctions as 'off ramp' and slow down on them, even when they're clearly not actually ramps as in this case.
the problem is - definitely NOT ALL.. in some cases it is perfectly fine, like for example M18 and M1 south merge (M1 Junction 32).

so what you end up - is bloody russian roulette, will you get rear ended because car *sugar* bricks or not

I did a 450 mile trip from Suffolk to Yorkshire and back yesterday. Experienced four significant issues with 2023.32.7

1. GPS location is inaccurate causing the car to be located alongside the road it is on. Frequent incorrect instructions to turn left/right/u-turn which is distracting.

2. Cruise control set the speed to 30, 35 and 40 on a 70mph road linking sections of highway (A14/A1/M18/A64). Car brakes unexpectedly.

3. Immediately after stopping to supercharge navigation routes to the next supercharger en-route and started conditioning.

4. Connectivity extremely patchy. Frequent blank map.

If the revised speed limit thing is based on some average speed data, then it’s wrong. Dangerously wrong.

Last edited:
That wouldn't make sense though.. you use roaming sims to maintain connectivity over the broadest area. If you lock it to a provider you a percentage of your customers lose service, and you're paying that extra roaming cost for nothing.

I had a roaming sim in my phone for a while, it's really convenient but not cheap compared to just having a couple of sims and switching between them, which is what I do these days.

Reactions: djtaylor
That wouldn't make sense though.. you use roaming sims to maintain connectivity over the broadest area. If you lock it to a provider you a percentage of your customers lose service, and you're paying that extra roaming cost for nothing.

I had a roaming sim in my phone for a while, it's really convenient but not cheap compared to just having a couple of sims and switching between them, which is what I do these days.
International IoT roaming agreements have a different set of commercials to what you see in retail. We are working with an incomplete set of information here as neither of us know the details of their deal with KPN, but I do have enough experience of global SIM provision to know that it is possible they have a favourable commercial agreement, which mandates a single provider lock in the country in which they are provisioned.

Your retail SIM is not really a useful comparison for what Tesla are doing.

I did a 450 mile trip from Suffolk to Yorkshire and back yesterday. Experienced four significant issues with 2023.32.7

1. GPS location is inaccurate causing the car to be located alongside the road it is on. Frequent incorrect instructions to turn left/right/u-turn which is distracting.
I had this issue going along the A55 North Wales last weekend on the previous .6 FW. However I attributed it to the bleak sky (weather was appalling) and possible lack of GPS signal?

They're all roaming sims through a dutch provider.. someone was having you on.

Actually on the subject of Dutch sims… when I try to raise a service request through the app, it wants me to bring the car to a service centre.

Just to make my sim be present in UK instead?!

Anyone else get their locale changed to UK without having to bring the car in? 🤔

Actually on the subject of Dutch sims… when I try to raise a service request through the app, it wants me to bring the car to a service centre.

Just to make my sim be present in UK instead?!

Anyone else get their locale changed to UK without having to bring the car in? 🤔

You shouldn't have to go anywhere. They messed up the entire UK fleet a few years ago by switching providers and then switched us all back again.

2. Cruise control set the speed to 30, 35 and 40 on a 70mph road linking sections of highway (A14/A1/M18/A64). Car brakes unexpectedly.

3. Immediately after stopping to supercharge navigation routes to the next supercharger en-route and started conditioning.

4. Connectivity extremely patchy. Frequent blank map.

If the revised speed limit thing is based on some average speed data, then it’s wrong. Dangerously wrong.
Do you have premium connectivity, When I first got my MY I had premium for a short while and had no end of issue with the map vanishing. It then sorted itself (or so I thought). It then reappeared when I was going away for a month. It suddenly occurred to me the issue sorted itself when I got rid of premium and reappeared when I got it back for my trip. Cancelled premium on my return and magically no issues again.