Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perth went live around 18.00 yesterday - several successful charges reported and a reassuring red glow coming from all 12 chargers.
It's not yet on the in-car map / app but I expect it will appear later today.
Here is a photo of the live charger from PlugShare (Perth). @BlueShift @Chuq
9CC641DB-07BE-4A51-A9EC-013E00107C22.jpeg

The good news is that the Model 3 has CCS. You'll be able to plug straight in to not only Tesla superchargers and destination chargers, but ChargePlace Scotland's extensive network of rapid chargers, which I believe are still free of charge as of Feb 2019(?). There's even some on Skye!
Thanks! There's already a few CCS shown, won't need a 400 mile battery after all :)

Reduced means some not working, it will show that non are working if its fully offline.. it 'may' be that they are now commissioning the other 4 that were not connected but as that would make 16 but they are not on yet its showing 'reduced'.

I do know that they were trying to add the other 4 on as CCS/Type 2 a week or two ago so they might just be finishing the job.

Reduced means some not working, it will show that non are working if its fully offline.. it 'may' be that they are now commissioning the other 4 that were not connected but as that would make 16 but they are not on yet its showing 'reduced'.

I do know that they were trying to add the other 4 on as CCS/Type 2 a week or two ago so they might just be finishing the job.
The red symbol on right of box and on the map adds a twist of ambiguity and suggests that Reduced means not working. Why can't they be clear?

upload_2019-4-8_13-4-37.png

Chandlers Cross / Hunton Park Hotel from today:
Looks like ground works completed - similar to the status at Eurocentral (Glasgow). In the case of the Perth Supercharger, after a pause of about a month it took about a day for the stalls to be put in and a day to go live (albeit about a week apart) so as with Eurocentral it's now hopefully just a case of waiting for some green lights and the commissioning team to arrive.

I had a look at the local planning website but couldn't find anything about this development. I would have thought something should have been lodged given (a) creation of new parking spaces (and in an area prone to flooding) and (b) installing lamp posts. Maybe I was using the wrong keywords?

I had a look at the local planning website but couldn't find anything about this development. I would have thought something should have been lodged given (a) creation of new parking spaces (and in an area prone to flooding) and (b) installing lamp posts. Maybe I was using the wrong keywords?

I couldn't find it either, despite having definitely found the right planning authority (I found other earlier applications for building work at the same hotel). Maybe there's some loophole - I'm not an expert on permitted development rights.

Yes to permitted rights:

The order amends the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (“GPDO”) by: - inserting new Classes D and E into Part 2 of Schedule 2 to introduce permitted development rights for electric vehicle charging points in offstreet public and private car parking areas - substituting a new Class A into Part 12 of Schedule 2 to clarify that local authorities can install on-street electric vehicle charging points as permitted development - substituting a new Part 40 to Schedule 2

Yes to permitted rights:

The order amends the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (“GPDO”) by: - inserting new Classes D and E into Part 2 of Schedule 2 to introduce permitted development rights for electric vehicle charging points in offstreet public and private car parking areas - substituting a new Class A into Part 12 of Schedule 2 to clarify that local authorities can install on-street electric vehicle charging points as permitted development - substituting a new Part 40 to Schedule 2
It was the street lights that caught my attention rather than the chargers/electrical cabinets.
My comment about flooding being a consideration was incorrect though - I was getting mixed up with the Supercharger at Sindelsham (for which I can't find any planning applications either).
As @arg says there doesn't seem to be anything recent, there was an application to extend the car park in 2015 (15/0675/FUL | Continued use for hotel training and conference centre purposes. Surfacing landscaping of existing overflow car parking area. Extension to Hazelwood dining meeting room. Minor access and entrance drive alterations. | Hunton Park Essex Lane Abbots Langley Kings Langley Hertfordshire WD4 8PN) but no charging points mentioned at that time.

introduce permitted development rights for electric vehicle charging points

Yes, it's long been known that Tesla's equipment fits within the 'upstand' limitations for permitted development (whereas Ecotricity's DBT units don't), hence there's not usually planning permission sought when Tesla add to existing parking spaces, while every Ecotricity unit has a planning application.

However, previously there have been planning applications wherever Tesla were creating new spaces - Maidstone and Membury as two examples.

In the Chandlers Cross case, it may be that the 'new' parking is in fact the existing parking referenced in the planning application linked by @cezdoc above, which says:

... on occasions overflow parking currently occurs on grassed areas. It is proposed to formalise theis parking by hard surfacing and landscaping the existing 20 shale spaces and 50 of the car park spaces currently on grassed areas.