Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
A question from a Dutchman:

Looking at the Tesla Supercharger map, I noticed there are not too many Superchargers in the UK yet and that we are spoiled here...

Next week I have to pick up someone from Leeds Bradford Airport on a trip Hull-LBA-Bridlington-Hull. Since the Leeds SuC only has 2 stalls, should I count on waiting and slow charging around 9 am on Wednesday?

Thanks!

Hi,
A question from a Dutchman:

Looking at the Tesla Supercharger map, I noticed there are not too many Superchargers in the UK yet and that we are spoiled here...

Next week I have to pick up someone from Leeds Bradford Airport on a trip Hull-LBA-Bridlington-Hull. Since the Leeds SuC only has 2 stalls, should I count on waiting and slow charging around 9 am on Wednesday?

Thanks!
I'm not local but I do remember reading that the Leeds SuC is often very busy as there are no other SuC's in the area and it is next to a gym (so it's tempting for locals to use it to "fill up" while visiting the hotel/gym, but not so good for long distance travellers). Maybe someone with more local knowledge will advise on how busy it's likely to be at 9.00 on a Wednesday.

If you have a CHAdeMO adapter there are several other options including a few Instavolt chargers on your route. These are not exactly cheap but you don't need an app or account, just a credit/debit card to use them.

ABRP seems to say you can do the roundtrip in an MS 75 ... might that work? Anything better than a 75 will have range to spare, but an MX75 might be tight

Thanks! I have an X100, and ABPR is usually pretty on the safe side for me. But the Rotterdam side of the ferry terminal is about 55 km from the nearest SuC. So with the extra 110 km, I don’t think I can make it without charging. I)ll have to try my luck in Leeds..

If you have a CHAdeMO adapter there are several other options including a few Instavolt chargers on your route. These are not exactly cheap but you don't need an app or account, just a credit/debit card to use them.

Thanks!
Are all public chargers CHAdeMO, no type 2?

Any progress on Fleet southbound?

I was there on 7th April - still all under wraps - none online yet.

Here's a pic from then.

IMG_2125.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc
Was at South Mimms today, sorry if this had already been mentioned. ALL the stalls were double-hose and CCS-ready. Perhaps they did that originally? If not they've been back and converted the "couple of stalls", which I have seen elsewhere, to "all stalls" and that is to be the new norm?

It's handy if you don't routinely recharge the car every day just-in-case...

For me it completes a ring of Supercharges all within 20 miles of me and on all the major roads and directions I'd be likely to head in from home.