Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the M3 sat nav, it will only show you the CCS locations and numbers available

There is a lag of a few days between stall upgrade and map upgrade though, so might be some upgraded that are not on the SatNav just yet ... also seemed to me that folk might have been planning trips and avoiding routes that were not known to have upgrades (AFAIK you can't see info on Supercharger that is out-of-range, so can't check status of those ...) hence info available here can fill that gap.

(The Crowd Sourced data has also lagged reality, I reckon once a significant number had been converted folk stopped bothering to keep that updated)

Okay, this may be an eye rollingly daft question, I’ve not got my car yet, hopefully Nov, but while you’re driving along a row of chargers at a station how can you tell which is converted at a glance short of stopping at each one?

They will be the ones where a Mitsubishi Highlander PHEV is trying to charge ;) Seriously - witnessed on only my second supercharger experience.

The other quick thing to look out for are stalls where there is an adjacent vehicle parked up. Thats pretty obvious. Reason - power is shared between stalls A and B (v3 may be a little different), so if you go to a stall with no adjacent cars, then you are guaranteed not to be power sharing. Sods law will say that otherwise you will pick a shared stall.

• Informative
Reactions: Thomami
Fleet northbound/ the forgotten-four have acquired a Tesla branded coat, not there last week

AB7A4DCD-27D8-4E9E-8FF7-84DA1203C21C.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc
Not sure if this is new info, but Woodall Northbound is no longer listed on Tesla’s website as a planned superchargering location...

I wonder why that is ... Tesla was granted planning permission over a year ago ... didn't seem to be anything onerous, its greenbelt but the fact it is for electric vehicles was considered appropriate, and there was a requirement to put a foot path in (so people didn't walk on the road) which seems reasonable to me.

It might have been removed by admin-error (and will be reinstated) but given length of time since Permissions I would have expected some movement on site by now, so maybe it has got the chop.

Maybe greedy landlord re: wayleave, or inability of the Brits to get a fat cable to the site, as has happened before ... which would be sad

Need to watch out that the A/B stalls are not always adjacent :( It aint common, but I've got caught out by that, and at e.g. Grantham where there is a nice wide walkway between an A and B Pair which makes them look like they aren't a pair :(
The pairing thing is a bit annoying to me. Last night charged from 31-90% at Gordano and it took 45 minutes because someone was parked in the other bay. I wonder if and when we get the V3 chargers then the speed with two people parked will improve?