Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Tesla App v4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Missing feature is that if you look at the location map on the app you no longer can see the speed that the car is travelling at. You can see the speed on the main screen but not on the map screen anymore. (If someone is driving my car I can no longer see the speed on a particular section of road ... I have previously spotted "someone" driving my car hitting 78mph whilst going up a mega steep single carriageway section that I know is a good overtake location ... but it's a 60 limit ... naughty naughty. Location is key to judging whether a speed is appropriate!)

Undocumented Siri integration

So, I tried Hey Siri, what's the range of my car? ....spinning graphic for a while then Siri tells me I will have to open Tesla app to get the answer!!

• Funny
Reactions: MrBadger
I had a widget on iOS 14 with buttons that actually did stuff without opening the app. It was in the side drawer if you swiped right. It was not a third party solution as I don’t use any other apps for my car. These buttons have now gone and been replaced with a picture that just opens the app.

I don't doubt that you did. I did not, others on here did not.

At some point in 2020 they stopped offering the today widget for new installs so I could not activate it when I got my car in December, it took some digging to find out and I've been waiting for them to enable support again.

Well the app has been up and running for two days.
I’m not overly impressed. Both the vehicle and energy UI’s are slow to update. Occasionally they’ve remained out of date after being kept open for 5 minutes. For the energy side, the previous app just came up with the right info within seconds.
from the car side, with phone 2 feet from car, app open, it appeared not to wake the car but I think it was awake anyway.
the car’s location was interesting too. In my garage, the car is next door to the right. Outside the garage door, it’s next door but one to the left. But, parked beside the garage, it’s two miles away in the next village!!

They’re late to the part noticing the native Siri integration, it’s been there forever ( well at least since I got my car in 2019 :) )

V4.0.1 is out to fix some bugs

I still prefer the other Widget via Scriptable
1630144364569.png

1630144404198.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bhanorthy
Another missing feature: The charging info no longer shows the voltage as the AC charge progresses. We have had some issues with voltage in the area and it was useful to determine the voltage in real time when charging. The only way to do it now is to sit in the car whereas previously I could take a brief look at the app whilst still in bed! (Yes, I know about Teslafi et al ) Also the the UI text is unnecessarily small showing charge progress and amps readings. So far I'm wishing I could have kept the old app as there's nothing I have spotted that I have gained (I already had a working legacy widget too on the last version).