Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Tesla owner age demographic

What age bracket are you?

• 18-30

Votes: 24 11.3%
  • 31-40

Votes: 63 29.7%
  • 41-50

Votes: 58 27.4%
  • 50-60

Votes: 42 19.8%
  • 61+

Votes: 25 11.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must say the few Tesla’s that I have spotted on the road have been travelling at a crawler pace and driven by an older demographic (to be polite). I guess this is to be expected given the cost of the car but with the influx of leasing deals I imagine this will reduce.

Would be interesting to do a poll now and follow up in future.

Also includes those waiting on a vehicle (which feels like most of us)

I tend to stick to the limit. Although I'm not adverse to using the available power to get to that rapidly, on occasion...

(That big digital "70" right in my face - along with the current and recent consumption figures - is one of the best passive nudges I've ever seen to encourage a more restrained driving style. I'm not holding anyone up, I'm sat in a comfy seat, I have a good selection of audio entertainment available... why stress out about it?)

I watched a comedy programme the other day where the rich widow was being scammed by her new friend. She asked him which Tesla he wanted her to buy - the S or 3? His reply was "The S. The 3 is for peasants."
Just saying....:D
I'll admit to tending to stick to the speed limit these days - too many cameras and my prevous sports car was yet another prime radar gun target. And I don't need to be the guy getting top marks on the speed awareness course from repeat attendance.

@henleyregatta : How come your location is hampshire? Wrong county.

I was going to say I bet it is quite a varied age group, probably the most varied for any car manufacturer and after looking at results dos far seems like what I was expecting.

PS I am old, and do not drive at 50-60 on a duel carriage way, but I will say oddly enough for me since I have had an electric, or my XC60 T8 Hybrid I did drive it slower than an ICE car, especially the T8 as it was slower in ev mode and only lasted like 25 miles, the M3P is a little different, but compared to an ICE I generally drive a little slower on motorways, and in general, which is good as it now keeps me in a limit that not guaranteed 3 points just a day at school. (still way faster than most other people on the road though)

From the admittedly fairly small number I've encountered at superchargers or service I'd say Model S/X owners skewed fairly heavily towards older age groups. But I figured this is largely about the price. With Model 3 that doesn't seem to me to be the case.

Reactions: ACarneiro
Having missed out on the computer games era and, repeating something I read by someone else somewhere in this Forum - I just love the Energy App "game" on the touch screen! Trying to get it to go green - real time - surely must be one of the best tech games ever to be invented! Ok, so I travel at 20 in a 30 and 55 in a 70 zone [fortunately the steering wheel vibrates when I cross lines when I am focusing on the data for 2 minutes while my eyes adjust from distance to close reading and the warning buzzer goes off just before I slam into the person in front] - but who cares, just go around me! :p

Just kidding :) (about the speeds - and the visuals, lol)

(category 5 - but who's counting)

Last edited:
Well I’ve just dropped into your last but one category which has made me a little grumpy, which I guess supports my demographic!

I was thinking this EV might slow me down a little as I focus a little more on efficiency. We shall see :)

I’m looking forward to my upcoming trip down to Santa Pod where I will be looking to kick some noisy ICE ass :cool:

Reactions: Jez_GB
I dont believe the poll! My observation is that the majority of Tesla drivers of all models are bald or grey. Just like me and I'm 76. This is no different from the demographic driving Jaguar, Mercedes, Bentley or Maserati. It is all a matter of money. We are from the generation which used to drive with unlimited speeds on roads. Those were the days!

+1.

I’ll be 60 this year. I have Uk and US racing licenses - on track every month, the Mac on faster circuits, the Atom on tighter ones.

I try not be THAT guy in my P100D or Mac or Atom on normal roads, though I note most younger drivers I get stuck behind don’t know how to properly negotiate normal roundabouts or corners, slowing down ridiculously. I wonder what demographic I belong to....;)

Last edited:
Being over 60 and disqualified (for medical reasons), I persuaded my surrogate driver, and best friend to floor it!
See, even we geriatrics can have fun!
upload_2020-3-1_13-0-4.png