Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to reach Tunein after 8.0 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm more than happy to present to Tesla my groups Quality process for testing. I mean seriously, you just have to click the Tab to see it not working and this is a widespread issue across AP, Non AP, Tech, Non Tech etc configs, it is not isolated.

My TuneIn has been malfunctioning since the last 2 releases (not including ver. 8). When I first got the car, I could select a particular radio station to listen to (stations that provide a digital feed); all of those went away. Frankly, I didn't have time to look into this. Will install version 8 tonight and see if it gets better or worse!

I'm more than happy to present to Tesla my groups Quality process for testing. I mean seriously, you just have to click the Tab to see it not working and this is a widespread issue across AP, Non AP, Tech, Non Tech etc configs, it is not isolated.

TuneIn started working again for me this morning. I suspect it could be a server side issue at TuneIn or Tesla as it's working for some and not others.

Reactions: ldgrmnmc
Got update last night. TuneIn won't connect after a dozen tries. I sent email to [email protected]. Hope they fix this right away.
Update: about an hour after my email to Tesla Service TuneIn started working. I successfully logged in with my personal account and did a test drive. Over the course of about 45 minutes it sporadically hourglassed and lost connectivity then came back again usually by me selecting another TuneIn station and tuning back to the original. Not sure whats happening with this.

Last edited:
I got my 8.0 update last night. Tunein is not working as others have descibed. I just sent an email to the support site. Thank y'all for that one!
My personal TuneIn login never worked for me on 7.1. Will see if it works when they get it going on 8.
Slacker is working fine on me personal account.

Reactions: markn455
I had the same problem after updating today (and yesterday all of my favorites in TuneIn disappeared). I was told by support that it was indeed a server side issue with TuneIn and that it should be resolved quickly. As of an hour ago, it now works fine (except all of my newly re-entered favorites from yesterday are gone....sigh.

I had the same problem after updating today (and yesterday all of my favorites in TuneIn disappeared). I was told by support that it was indeed a server side issue with TuneIn and that it should be resolved quickly. As of an hour ago, it now works fine (except all of my newly re-entered favorites from yesterday are gone....sigh.

Login to Tunein from a desktop and set up your favourites. Tune-in accounts are free, so if you don't have one just register. Then you can login using the same account you set up on your desktop in the car and all your favourites will be there, and you just click on them to add them as favourites in the car. That way, if you lose them again, you will have them backed up on the website. Plus, I find it much easier to search for stations and podcasts on a desktop, add them, and then bring them up in the car that way.

TuneIn started working for me at lunch (around 12:30 PST). I was even able to log into my TuneIn premium account, which did not work for me in 7.1. So that's definitely an improvement.

Unfortunately, it looks like the Tesla TuneIn app still does not fully support audio books in premium accounts. TuneIn premium has a huge selection of audio books, and that would have been nice during my commute. I can still use my iPhone TuneIn app over Bluetooth, but I'd prefer to not play with my phone at all while driving.

• Informative
Reactions: KaiserSoze
Interesting sequence of events took place for me:
  1. Got the 8.0 (106) update on Thursday. TuneIn worked just fine.
  2. Three days later TuneIn stops working. Fails to load, although favorites worked.
  3. Got update 108 today, and TuneIn starts working again!
Coincidence? I dunno.. :D

Hi all

I did the 8.0 update, but it seems I can no longer connect to Tunein. I get a message after the arrow spins for a while saying "Unable to reach Tunein. Try again later".

I can connect to Slacker/Streaming Music, all other network connections are fine. The login to Tunein button is not available either (the login button is available on streaming music). I've tried the screen reboot, etc.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks
Ben
Same problem here... Also, I noticed the place in settings where you could enter your TunIn account login and password no longer exists. I suppose they could have moved it but I don't see it. However, it didn't work anyway so maybe they took it away rather than fix it?