Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to use sentry remote viewer despite having necessary hardware and software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I haven't seen this asked and answered elsewhere but apologies if I have missed it. I have a Model S with AP2.5 hardware running 2021.40.6 My mobile app is IOS version 4.3.0 I have a premium connectivity subscription but I cannot use sentry mode remote viewer.

I'm aware that this needs to be enabled in the car but on the security page there is no option to enable remote camera access

This is a UK spec car - is that the problem? Or could it be because I don't have the PWS external speaker?

Any ideas?

I havent been following this super closely, but it seems to me that the following two things are true:

1. Sentry mode viewer is not enabled in FSD beta cars (not sure if the software version you are on is FSD beta cause I am not following that)
2. I havent seen posts from anyone with HW 2.5 say they have sentry mode viewer enabled.

Someone will correct me of one or both of those are incorrect.

I havent been following this super closely, but it seems to me that the following two things are true:

1. Sentry mode viewer is not enabled in FSD beta cars (not sure if the software version you are on is FSD beta cause I am not following that)
2. I havent seen posts from anyone with HW 2.5 say they have sentry mode viewer enabled.

Someone will correct me of one or both of those are incorrect.
Thanks. In case it's of help to anyone else, no this is not an FSD-enable car. It does have enhanced AP if that's relevant

Why did Tesla decide to not make this available to all the pre 2021 refresh Model S/X ? At least to those with MCU 2 and FSD computer 3.0???
Is it because they are some of the initial Tesla owners and the ones with lifetime premium connectivity?

Why did Tesla decide to not make this available to all the pre 2021 refresh Model S/X ? At least to those with MCU 2 and FSD computer 3.0???
Is it because they are some of the initial Tesla owners and the ones with lifetime premium connectivity?
Plenty of pre-2021 cars do not have lifetime Premium Connectivity. Only Tesla knows why they haven’t added support for pre-2021 S/X cars, or whether they plan to in the future. However, Tesla has often introduced new features in Model 3 before bringing them to S/X because they sell a lot more 3’s (and now Y’s), so I’m guessing we’ll get it eventually.

Is the phone you’re trying to use paired with the car as a phone key? (Not sarcasm). I have two phones and two iPads that can access our car via the app. The iPad can’t use sentry mode live because I haven’t paired it with the car. I do everything else via the app, horn, climate control, charging, location, etc. Took me a while to figure this out.

Is the phone you’re trying to use paired with the car as a phone key? (Not sarcasm). I have two phones and two iPads that can access our car via the app. The iPad can’t use sentry mode live because I haven’t paired it with the car. I do everything else via the app, horn, climate control, charging, location, etc. Took me a while to figure this out.
It shouldn't matter whether your mobile device is set up as a phone key, since you're likely out of range anyway when using the Sentry Live View. I haven't received the build with Sentry Live View yet, but I'll be curious to see if I can't use it on my iPad because that isn't paired with the car. I'll let you know once I find out.

It does matter. If you try to access the security screen it automatically tries to get you to pair your device. Rightmost screen is what happens if you just ignore paring. Works fine on our phones.

Attachments

• DFF6A995-67BA-45D7-AEA6-B3DE3B53DB55.png
    DFF6A995-67BA-45D7-AEA6-B3DE3B53DB55.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 347
  • B9C9B369-DCA0-42B0-A070-2DA06D27FE1C.png
    B9C9B369-DCA0-42B0-A070-2DA06D27FE1C.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 2541B7D1-9663-4154-A8F2-D0A96594F0A0.png
    2541B7D1-9663-4154-A8F2-D0A96594F0A0.png
    280.2 KB · Views: 219
It does matter. If you try to access the security screen it automatically tries to get you to pair your device. Rightmost screen is what happens if you just ignore paring. Works fine on our phones.
I was not even aware that the model S has a phone key. Are you sure you are not getting that option because you may also be owning a 3/Y ?

Howdy everyone. my 2018 M3 has 2021.36.5.1 I have FSD and Premium Internet and iPhone 12 Pro Max. Ive been waiting for my Tesla to update to 2021.36.8. Anything I can do to get it to update? I just sent a message to service through the app today asking. Not sure if they could even help or not just thought I would try it. Any suggestions here?

Can I just say that your range is incredible ! I am more than just jealous, I am incandescent with rage!😡
That was what I was supposed to get near until Tesla did the switcheroo with the old Chinese batteries. I told myself Que Será, Será and all that rubbish and to love the car. And, to be honest I had. Until I saw your photo and it brought it all back. I shall be miserable for a week now.
Thank you for letting me get it off my chest...

Howdy everyone. my 2018 M3 has 2021.36.5.1 I have FSD and Premium Internet and iPhone 12 Pro Max. Ive been waiting for my Tesla to update to 2021.36.8. Anything I can do to get it to update? I just sent a message to service through the app today asking. Not sure if they could even help or not just thought I would try it. Any suggestions here?
You just need to wait until Tesla pushes the build to your car. Both of our cars are still on 36.5.1, like you. Since that’s a fairly new build, you’re probably set up correctly to receive updates when they become available.

Reactions: IChillinz