Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, sorry for the repeat of info already on the other thread, I'll not add more to the x thread after this. By an update, "decided to drive by the SC this morning and they didn't have any service appointments so they uncorked the silver S, vin 167xxx, nov 16 build, took about 1.5 hours so they gave me a loaner.

Tomorrow morning I go back for my wife's, though she doesn't really care..., vin 156xxx also eligible and it's just a firmware update. Not sure on the build date of my wife's S but will check later tonight."

To elaborate the SC manager quoted the company line at first when I approached him about it, but then I pointed the service bulletin that was released last thurs, so he pulled up my S and found the bulletin right away. So I think if they just look up your vin... it should just show up without having to look at any "lists" at this point if it is eligible. Please understand that the SC managers have to work with many customers and it's not easy working in customer service... you get all sorts. The Manager I saw today was new to my local SC and was very courteous and did start off by toting the company line but that's what he is suppose to do. Be nice when you ask your SC to pull up the notes on your Vin... you have to understand that they will be taking care of you again in the future.

FYI, sorry for the repeat of info already on the other thread, I'll not add more to the x thread after this. By an update, "decided to drive by the SC this morning and they didn't have any service appointments so they uncorked the silver S, vin 167xxx, nov 16 build, took about 1.5 hours so they gave me a loaner.

Tomorrow morning I go back for my wife's, though she doesn't really care..., vin 156xxx also eligible and it's just a firmware update. Not sure on the build date of my wife's S but will check later tonight."

To elaborate the SC manager quoted the company line at first when I approached him about it, but then I pointed the service bulletin that was released last thurs, so he pulled up my S and found the bulletin right away. So I think if they just look up your vin... it should just show up without having to look at any "lists" at this point if it is eligible. Please understand that the SC managers have to work with many customers and it's not easy working in customer service... you get all sorts. The Manager I saw today was new to my local SC and was very courteous and did start off by toting the company line but that's what he is suppose to do. Be nice when you ask your SC to pull up the notes on your Vin... you have to understand that they will be taking care of you again in the future.

Well said, and I'm actually a little nervous at how much extra work this is going to be for the SC's now. I know I jumped at the thought of speed up my 75D so I imagine once the word really gets out those SC's are going to be floored with calls and requests for work.

Well said, and I'm actually a little nervous at how much extra work this is going to be for the SC's now. I know I jumped at the thought of speed up my 75D so I imagine once the word really gets out those SC's are going to be floored with calls and requests for work.
Agree, which is why I jumped on this before the "madness" starts. Again, with having multiple family members in the auto service industry... (no tesla though), be nice to your service manager and techs!

Oh and here's the service notes:
Concern: 75D Firmware Update to Increase Performance

Corrections: Update Configuration Variable and Vehicle Firmware to Increase 75D Performance

Update Configuration Variable and Vehicle Firmware to Increase 75D Performance

Pay Type: Goodwill

Reactions: OilSucks
Agree, which is why I jumped on this before the "madness" starts. Again, with having multiple family members in the auto service industry... (no tesla though), be nice to your service manager and techs!

Oh and here's the service notes:
Concern: 75D Firmware Update to Increase Performance

Corrections: Update Configuration Variable and Vehicle Firmware to Increase 75D Performance

Update Configuration Variable and Vehicle Firmware to Increase 75D Performance

Pay Type: Goodwill

Ohhhh my goodness I can't wait for Saturday... That's my Christmas in October! haha Tell me, is there a very noticeable difference? Does the power consumption dash display a higher number?

Ohhhh my goodness I can't wait for Saturday... That's my Christmas in October! haha Tell me, is there a very noticeable difference? Does the power consumption dash display a higher number?
Difference noticeable yes, like a 90d which I've had as loaners in the past. Has a lot of loaners with the X buts that fortunately in the past... display didn't change, nothing else I can tell has changed, I'll get a 0-60 time and log for krash later this evening after work, when I can find a road without traffic!

I called an SC today and was informed that my vehicle does not qualify. I have a facelifted 70D that was upgrade to 75D. My build date is 05/2016 & my VIN is 144XXX. A let down but I still love my vehicle. ;)

I have more details from my local SC. He informed me that it was a hardware incompatibility that does not allow them to perform upgrade to my vehicle at this time. But he also informed me that the engineers are working on it and the option my be available to my vehicle in the future. I see it this way before this announcement I was happy with the performance of the vehicle and granted 1 second faster would be a nice to have but I'm driving a Tesla S so I can't complain too much

Reactions: Hugh Mannity
Difference noticeable yes, like a 90d which I've had as loaners in the past. Has a lot of loaners with the X buts that fortunately in the past... display didn't change, nothing else I can tell has changed, I'll get a 0-60 time and log for krash later this evening after work, when I can find a road without traffic!

I'm squealing like a little girl right now because I had a couple of 90D loaners that were AMAZING to drive. Yes yes yes yes!!!

I have more details from my local SC. He informed me that it was a hardware incompatibility that does not allow them to perform upgrade to my vehicle at this time. But he also informed me that the engineers are working on it and the option my be available to my vehicle in the future. I see it this way before this announcement I was happy with the performance of the vehicle and granted 1 second faster would be a nice to have but I'm driving a Tesla S so I can't complain too much

Well you are correct, Sir. This isn't really something you need. I opted for a 75d and knew the specs. But still, when others get something you also want it. Like when I missed out on electric tailgate and air suspension. I don't even know if I want air suspension but when I heard I missed out I still became disappointed.

If there wasn't for the internet and forums like this I'd be more ignorant about these things and also happier.

Well you are correct, Sir. This isn't really something you need. I opted for a 75d and knew the specs. But still, when others get something you also want it. Like when I missed out on electric tailgate and air suspension. I don't even know if I want air suspension but when I heard I missed out I still became disappointed.

If there wasn't for the internet and forums like this I'd be more ignorant about these things and also happier.
The difference is that some cars will suddenly be worth less than other cars bought earlier or at the same time.

Humbug. So I've been copacetic with the mind numbing evolution of technology and all, but I intentionally bought a 90D for the bit of extra pick up and the nominal range advantage over, at the time, the 75D. Now, last year's 75D is essentially a 90D less a few miles of range. . .

Yo, Tesla, how about you uncork the 90Ds- the red headed step child of the fleet. . . Come on, show some love!!!! I paid an extra 20K!

How about a little somethin', you know, for the effort?
Gunga Lagunga.

Last edited:
Yesss!!!

VIN 172XXX
Yeah, it's all over the map. I'm a 172XXX and I was told I'm not eligible, and they've both told 171XXXs that they were and weren't, depending on the exact VIN.

The eligibility list really seems to be coming from corporate, so I'm hopeful that this means it's just a question of "they are rolling this out slowly" because of the time demand on the SC to perform the upgrade. Here's to hoping I get an email at some point in time in the future.

Reactions: Gur814
Humbug. So I've been copacetic with the mind numbing evolution of technology and all, but I intentionally bought a 90D for the bit of extra pick up and the nominal range advantage over, at the time, the 75D. Now, the 75D is essentially last year's 90D less a few miles of range. . . Yo, Tesla, how about you uncork the 90Ds- the red headed step child of the fleet. . . Come on, show some love!!!! I paid an extra 20K!

How about a little somethin', you know, for the effort?
Gunga Lagunga.

i was thinking the 90 owners could feel a little spurned by this...but you do have an extra 35 miles of range, right? that said, you've definitely got a bigger gripe than the 75 RWD or 75D unlikely owners.

Reactions: Sully's8
S60D 174XXX VIN, told I was ineligible by Burbank, given no explanation as to why/how this determination was made.
my guess is because you didnt spend the 2k to make it a 75d. Unless your car was made in 2016 but if its made in feb/march/april 2017 it seems it should be eligible even as a 60d because unlocking the 60d to a 75d is only a software release to allow the battery full use. Now if the uncorking only works if you have the full use of the 75d battery then i can see why 60d's would not be eligible . But my guess is that they want 2k from you 1st before they will offer the uncorking.

Yeah, it's all over the map. I'm a 172XXX and I was told I'm not eligible, and they've both told 171XXXs that they were and weren't, depending on the exact VIN.

The eligibility list really seems to be coming from corporate, so I'm hopeful that this means it's just a question of "they are rolling this out slowly" because of the time demand on the SC to perform the upgrade. Here's to hoping I get an email at some point in time in the future.
thats inconsistent....which is strange. Same with 2017 60d not eligible yet same month 75d is?