Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My service manager said it all depends on the vin numbers. Who knows, at least give us a paid option then.
Mot likely there are changes to the hardware after a certain VIN. Could be fuses,wiring motors, battery, controllers, etc.
Tesla makes up to 50 changes a week.
While it might be possible to uncork earlier cars, there may be a risk of damaging something. Previous post by a uncorker said he was warned by Tesla that it would void battery warranty which is probably good advice.

I took delivery of my S90D in August. The spec sheet showed 0-60 in 4.2s. Is there a way to find out if it's corked? It's pretty fast but I'd love to make it faster!
If you send me a runlog from iOS Powertools or Android Dashboard for Tesla I will send you a copy of your and comparable car graphs as well as my opinion, before we post the data here. Normally the rate of change of power and the max power are pretty telling. Unfortunately we only have a couple of cars like yours. It will be even more obvious over time with more data.

Last edited:
How can I tell if my Model S is uncorked? Do I have to ask the service center?
Getting a 0-60 runlog on Powertools or Dashboard for Tesla is better. Rate of change of power and the maximum power are both significantly different for uncorked cars. I know of at least two forum members who were mistakenly told by their service centers that their cars were uncorked when the cars were not.

Last edited:
Getting a 0-60 runlog on Powertools or Dashboard for Tesla is better. Rate of change of power and the maximum power are both significantly different for uncorked cars. I know of at least two forum members who were mistakenly told by their service centers that their cars were unlocked when the cars were not.

I was told that Powertools is only able to capture data every .25 seconds so it's timings could be up to a half-second off (started accelerating - .25 behind - hit 60 - also .25 behind).

Getting a 0-60 runlog on Powertools or Dashboard for Tesla is better. Rate of change of power and the maximum power are both significantly different for uncorked cars. I know of at least two forum members who were mistakenly told by their service centers that their cars were unlocked when the cars were not.
Is dashboard for tesla an app?( or are u speaking literally) How much more accurate would you say?

Both apps use the cars reported data every quarter second, The app tells the car to send it to Tesla and then app requests it from Tesla. If you have good data coverage then the data is sequential. If your data drops on either side then there are gaps.

If you use TM-Spy then you get data a hundred times a second, still reported from the car but straight off the CAN bus, but you have to buy some extra hardware from a couple different places and crack open your cubby to fish out the diagnostic cable to get it working.

On Monday look at the performance metrics for MikeBur and Bill D to see the difference. Those two came from the CAN bus like TM-Spy. They aren't up yet today.

@Krash, if that's true, then wouldn't you know if @CL600's 100D was corked or uncorked from his logs?
We don't have enough samples yet. Last week we has eighteen samples of 75Ds to tell a full second difference. Last week we had one sample to tell a tenth of a second difference on the 100D.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck9000
Here is my copy of tonight's uncorking resolution email...

Sent:
Friday, October 20, 2017 6:03 PM (PST)
To:
Subject:
Re: Tesla Followup

Back in July, we started by providing this update to a smaller population of 75D Model S and Model X to ensure quality and validation in the release. We've listened to your feedback and know that you’d like us to extend the population of eligible 75Ds, an objective we shared internally as well. Having spent the last few months validating if this is possible, we’re ready to include more customer 75Ds. There may be some cases in which we simply can’t make the update due to hardware differences, but we’ll do our best to do this for as many cars as we can.​

Your local Service Center can confirm if your VIN is eligible. For eligible cars, our plan is to offer this as a complimentary update during your next Service visit so there’s no need to schedule a dedicated appointment – we’ll simply take care of it during your next visit. Please note that the performance enhancement may add up to two hours to complete and requires a hardwired connection to the car. You also have the option to opt out of this update altogether if you feel more comfortable with the current performance of your 75D.​

Thanks for your patience and support while we worked through this. There was considerable amount of work required to get us here, but we’re looking forward to providing this as a complimentary update for the majority of our 75D customers.​

Last edited:

Sent:
To:
Subject:

Back in July, we started by providing this update to a smaller population of 75D Model S and Model X to ensure quality and validation in the release. We've listened to your feedback and know that you’d like us to extend the population of eligible 75Ds, an objective we shared internally as well. Having spent the last few months validating if this is possible, we’re ready to include more customer 75Ds. There may be some cases in which we simply can’t make the update due to hardware differences, but we’ll do our best to do this for as many cars as we can.​

Your local Service Center can confirm if your VIN is eligible. For eligible cars, our plan is to offer this as a complimentary update during your next Service visit so there’s no need to schedule a dedicated appointment – we’ll simply take care of it during your next visit. Please note that the performance enhancement may add up to two hours to complete and requires a hardwired connection to the car. You also have the option to opt out of this update altogether if you feel more comfortable with the current performance of your 75D.​

Thanks for your patience and support while we worked through this. There was considerable amount of work required to get us here, but we’re looking forward to providing this as a complimentary update for the majority of our 75D customers.​
Is this real? Who sent this emai, Service center or corporate? By the sounds of it, it seems like most of us 75D owners are going to get th upgrade which is incredible....

Sent:
To:
Subject:

I would like to sincerely thank you @Krash for all your efforts in pursuing this. If my car ends up having an eligible VIN this upgrade will make it perfect.

Reactions: croman
Any way to check for 90D?
Would like the same time as a 100D.
Drive unit number?
My car is from September 2016
You'll have to check your VIN with the service center or wait until someone else tries. We don't have enough data to tell the 100s and 90s apart. Or the 4.1 from 4.2 second 100s. But they were still making 90s recently so it could happen. Send us a runlog if you want to help.