Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unfortunate update to NAG

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a lot of variables to nag. Type of roadway, stop-and-go or moving. when at highway speed it is based on distance (approximately 800meters/ .5 mile) but variations in traffic can affect that. Unless you are comparing under identical conditions you really can’t compare one software build to another.

I am on 4.18.2 and nag behavior is the same as ever.

There are a lot of variables to nag. Type of roadway, stop-and-go or moving. when at highway speed it is based on distance (approximately 800meters/ .5 mile) but variations in traffic can affect that. Unless you are comparing under identical conditions you really can’t compare one software build to another.

I am on 4.18.2 and nag behavior is the same as ever.
I only use the vehicle on highways (the same route) everyday. I timed it using the same method, with the same speed, etc.. 26 seconds and now 15 (or 13, I can't remember at this point)

Maybe I'm bumping an old thread but I noticed my new Y AP nag is so annoying. My Model 3 at least gave me 20 seconds or so. My Y gives me between 5 to 10 seconds before it beeps and nags me. It's kind of unbearable.
I wonder if the problem you experienced is caused by an overloaded server or if you get transmission loss.

- Is it only when generating a new itinerary or when displaying a new road map or satellite map display?

- Do you experience some latency when using audio or video streaming, like Slacker or Netflix?

I have noticed that on long road trips my nag will occasionally not accept input. Sometimes it won't even flash blue!

Scenario 1: I'll be going down the highway and the nag will come on I'll use a button or change lanes and the flashing won't stop I'll then try to move the wheel but auto pilot will disengage before it acknowledges the action

Scenario 2: it'll pop up the notification to apply turning force and then I'll be prompted for a lane change or some similar notification that replaces the nag notification and then a short time later it flashes red as though I ignored it.

Scenario 3: scenario 2 will happen and the notification will be replaced before the blue flashing starts so it never flashes and the next indication I get is the red flash saying I missed it

The only work around is to completely disengage the "auto pilot" (which is possibly the worst Tesla investment I have made unless they actually make it autonomous before the car wears out and my "lifetime" access to the feature is revoked due to reaching end of life on the car)

Tesla support has had zero positive effect and has in fact been quite detrimental. Imho it is the biggest factor eroding my trust in tesla. The technicians barely seem to know what they are doing, they ignore difficult to deal with issues, and tend to assume that factory resetting your car is a cure-all

Info:
2021 Tesla M3 purchased in Dec of 2020
Software v11.0 (2022.8.3 e4797d240c70)
Navy data NA-2021.44-13555
FSD equipped (8k at the time that has largely been a waste so far)

Can anyone suggest a corrective action?
If the car dies somehow before FSD becomes the product I purchased is there any recourse to reclaim the purchase price or transfer it or at least the "free for life" subscription exemption to a new vehicle?